List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Coates League 2024. The lists are out.

Stingrays -

The Stingrays also have Collingwood father-son prospect Oscar Lonie entering the program. The bottom-ager has great skills just like his father Ryan, who played 123 games for Collingwood
51OscarLonie14/11/07188.2Frankston Dolphins JFC

Oakleigh chargers

Luke Quaynor
is the younger brother of Collingwood premiership player Isaac and is a competitive small defender who is also part of the Magpies’ Next Generation Academy.

Quaynor is strong in one-on-one contests and makes good decisions when he wins it back.

Key defender Tadhg McCarthy and inside midfielder Douglas Kerr are also linked to the Magpies’ NGA program and have shown promising signs.
6TadhgMcCarthy7/03/06190.9Old Carey

10DouglasKerr3/08/06191.5

33LukeQuaynor17/03/06179.3East Doncaster

In terms of under ager, they Zac McCarthy (Tadhg's brother) is on the list too.
60ZacMcCarthy27/10/07198.0Old Carey

Western Jets.

Thomas McGuane
is a clever midfielder who is the son of 1990 Collingwood premiership player Mick McGuane.
11ThomasMcGuane27/08/07176.9Keilor

Last edited:
Who do you recognise? Our three NGA prospects are there. Luke Q, Doug Kerr and Tadhg McCarthy. Also maybe his brother too.
Tommy McGuane and I think that’s Max Christian next to Kerr.

703c0f5b0a1e21316aa8a14bf76b1212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Therein lies the hopes of an army.

With the draft being compromised in so many ways coupled with the fact that we have been prepared to trade away our first round picks, I wonder if Father Son and NGA prospects provide alternative strategies to secure talent that Craig Kelly has referred to when he hinted at being creative in out talent identification and list selections....? Of course, we have also demonstrated our preparedness to make multiple SSP selections.

A couple of those listed above are potentially key position players and the talent funnel looks promising. Thanks Jen2310 for all the work you do to bring us this quality information.

Round 1 for oakleigh
Those in our NGA

#6 - Tadhg McCarthy
#10 - Doug Kerr
#33 - Luke Quaynor

#60- Tadhg’s younger brother Zac. He’s 16.

Boston Dowling is from our vfl list

39a03fe2eff03580b1b841c8f7b67d53.jpg

If they’re any good we won’t get access to them. Hopefully they change that NGA draft top 40 eligibility

If they’re any good we won’t get access to them. Hopefully they change that NGA draft top 40 eligibility

Think the general view is that it will come back down to top 20

Speaking of tall father son prospects Fraser’s son is over 190cm at 15!

Collingwood have Oscar Lonie, the son of Ryan Lonie, starting as a bottom-age 17-year-old with the Dandenong Stingrays (draft eligible next year), Max Christian, son of the match review officer Michael Christian, in the under 16s at the Oakleigh Chargers (eligible 2026), Josh Fraser’s son Ted, also with Oakleigh’s under 16s but yet to turn 15 and over 190cm already. There’s also Max and Marcus Rocca, both 14 and the sons of brothers Anthony and Saverio Rocca respectively.

So it turns out Sav Rocca lives near me and goes to the same Barber I do

I went today and took my son and Sav's youngest was there.

Poor kid goes for Carlton and of course he's eligible to be picked up by North as well as us

So I was in the poor kid's ear the entire haircut trying to ensure he nominates Collingwood in a few years time lol. I think I got him on side when I said part of the reason I started hating Malthouse was because he got rid of Sav.

Fingers crossed I did enough to secure us another future Father/Son

IT MIGHT HAVE WORKED!!!!

1711067885791.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be the only way we get to draft a KPP in the next five years…

You can see there, Marcus is incredibly tall for a 14 year old so hopefully he keeps growing and surpasses Sav

The only way we’ve gotten a decent forward in the past couple of decades was Fs and we had to go through Jason and Cameron to make sure Travis came to us. Name another successful key forward we’ve drafted in that time? And don’t say Dawes, the guy couldn’t take an overhead mark if his life depended on it and the ball had handles.

The only way we’ve gotten a decent forward in the past couple of decades was Fs and we had to go through Jason and Cameron to make sure Travis came to us. Name another successful key forward we’ve drafted in that time? And don’t say Dawes, the guy couldn’t take an overhead mark if his life depended on it and the ball had handles.

Tarrant?

Speaking of tall father son prospects Fraser’s son is over 190cm at 15!

No mention of Tom McGuane there either, which makes 6 eligible kids available over the next 5 years. Hopefully we get a few good players from this crop. If we do the AFL will immediately change the rules again.

No mention of Tom McGuane there either, which makes 6 eligible kids available over the next 5 years. Hopefully we get a few good players from this crop. If we do the AFL will immediately change the rules again.

0fc5a904d4e43c81d672323d960b2b09.jpg

1ad07eabba4b4590e4017920b4909aa2.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back