List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

As memory serves, McGuane couldn’t kick that good off his left at the start of his career, worked on it over one summer and was a different player.
Mick was ok on both sides.
Except for the day he got a pre game jab before a Vic Park game and he couldn't kick like he normally could...

Mick was ok on both sides.
Except for the day he got a pre game jab before a Vic Park game and he couldn't kick like he normally could...

I’m talking well before that game against the Crows at Vic Park, it was like his 2nd or 3rd year, use to go in circles to get on his right foot, rectified that in one off season.

This is from an article about Pendles that Mick wrote in HS, but found this interesting.

My son, Thomas, was born in 2007 and I soon had him wearing a No. 10 jumper – which Pendlebury changed to that year.

When Thomas was as young as four or five, I told him to keep a close eye on Pendlebury when we would be watching Collingwood games in the lounge room at home.

As Thomas grew older, I’d use Foxtel IQ to pause matches and help educate him about what Pendlebury was doing around stoppages and what made him so good.

This is from an article about Pendles that Mick wrote in HS, but found this interesting.

My son, Thomas, was born in 2007 and I soon had him wearing a No. 10 jumper – which Pendlebury changed to that year.

When Thomas was as young as four or five, I told him to keep a close eye on Pendlebury when we would be watching Collingwood games in the lounge room at home.

As Thomas grew older, I’d use Foxtel IQ to pause matches and help educate him about what Pendlebury was doing around stoppages and what made him so good.

Watching Pendles on TV is all well and good. But did Mick - like another 1990 premierhsip hero with sons - lock Tom outside in the pouring rain and make him practice his wet ball handling and kicking skills for hours? Did he make Tom play footy with balloons to teach him to have soft hands?

Come back when you've done all of that, and then we may be interested.

Just joking.

Last edited:
Can’t wait for this to stir up the opposition 😂
Everyone will be ok that Brisbane gets a second Ashcroft 2 years after his Brother and Fletcher were taken in the same draft, but god forbid Collingwood gets 2 good FS players in 4 years 🤦🏻

I’m talking well before that game against the Crows at Vic Park, it was like his 2nd or 3rd year, use to go in circles to get on his right foot, rectified that in one off season.
He used to also do a Nick Daicos style inside out drop punt on his right when others would use their left.

Last edited:
530dbd8e63aff9daf9071afc6d2507ff.jpg

78fb718abaf20f5c8948160b7db33cee.jpg

aded460e5a59fe9143e08c4b57ca3ef8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a nutshell, does it benefit us?

If our nga kids in the coming years are good prospects it does.
The fact next year they are decreasing the discount to 10% and making it so you can’t stockpile picks will make it harder. Which means a lot of our trading of picks this year need to be focused on making sure we have enough points for next year.

But getting Mcguane will turn it into a positive. Even if we have to pay a high price

Yes, if McGuane is the best player in the draft that’ll be a great outcome.

The rule changes mean we’ll be paying more (pick in same round) than we otherwise might (loading up on points)

Yes, if McGuane is the best player in the draft that’ll be a great outcome.

The rule changes mean we’ll be paying more (pick in same round) than we otherwise might (loading up on points)
Yeah, no more loading up points. So to match a bid in the top 10, may have to use our 1st, or at least some 2nd and a third. If he is in the first 10 picks, an early 20's and some 30's picks. No more of these late 40's/50's

Basically the benefit of the father-son rule is diminished, which I think is sad as it’s a wonderful and traditional part of our game.

The discount reduction from 20 > 10% and need to use picks within the round to do that will make clubs think twice about matching which ultimately will mean a few less father son selections.

I like seeing father son players for every club for me to cheer, boo, admire and ridicule.

I do not believe expansion clubs should feel neglected in this. They get massive draft concessions and assistance for several years.
If we lower the eligibility threshold from 100 > 50 games they will get access to their father son options sooner as the children of mature age recruits who played less games for them will also be eligible.

I also think there’s a possibility that there will be some golden draft picks. For instance, pick 18, 36 and 54 as last picks in the round give equal access at a lower price.

I’d also like to understand how dvi works at the end of round three when compensation picks and father- son selections push round three picks beyond pick 54 and having a dvi value as I read it.

This system just trades one set of problems for another in my opinion.
And it will ultimately make it near impossible to draft multiple f/S and nga selections in the same year.

Not approved.

McGuane best case we win flag and he is best player in the pool, dont win flag finish bottom 5 pick up a gun and then get McGuane as a 1st rounder after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back