List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
He is but the lack of size needs to be fixed. He really is quite small compared to some. I played with heaps of gun juniors who could do whatever they wanted on the footy field but if they lack size most don't even get picked. I'm not trying to be negative but that's the reality. The other reality is that it's not a given that he will put on enough size, his mum and dad are quite small. It's just an observation and not an educated one.
I tend to take the opposite view. I’d prefer a small skinny kid dominating the juniors than a heavily muscled kid who might be dominating because of their physical advantages. It means that Tom McGuane has great football abilities and is flourishing despite his current physical disadvantages. It also means that he has real scope for very significant upside when he starts to fill out. Reminds me a little of Nathan Buckley who was small kid confined to the bench for his school football team in Year 11 then later had a growth spurt and filled out and became an absolute champion of the game.
From what limited vision I’ve seen of Tommy, he looks to have good pace with a great side step and is dual-sided. He’s also got footy smarts in that he knows how to find the ball and also knows where the goals are. And only just turned 17. Next year will tell a lot but I reckon we’ve got a beauty here

Yeah, looks like he came onto the ground late in that quarter and had the 1 handball. Hopefully starts the 2nd quarter.
He started the game at half forward , squibbed the ball from first centre clearance and copped a head knock. Might have had a 15 minute head assessment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He started the game at half forward , squibbed the ball from first centre clearance and copped a head knock. Might have had a 15 minute head assessment
“Squibbed?”
I see you’ve started whipping early.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back