List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s like 6 GC Academy players out there. No wonder Northern teams don’t want it to change especially Sydney.

Neither do we it seems.

Going by Fly’s interview on SEN this week, he just wants players, he doesn’t want picks.

In other words, let the other teams do the heavy lifting of drafting players, and then we can pick them off when they’ve been developed and proven their ability at senior level.

And we just focus our efforts on creating a great environment and being a destination club.

Look at what happened to Oliver Henry. We spent one of our rare / precious first rounders on him, and he just goes and pisses off to Geelong for less than what we paid for him in the draft. We’re better off letting some other club be the suckers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve increased the cost to bid for academy players? Same as f/s bidding tables?
Yes they have decreased the discount from 20% to 10%. They have also reduced the number of picks that have a points value so from next year the last pick to have a points value is pick 54 (which is nominally the first three rounds but once you add in FA compo some R3 picks will wind up with no points). The points range hasn’t changed though. The 1st pick before the discount is 3000 and the last pick is I believe about 72 points so the fall away in points value happens at a quicker rate. I believe they also are keeping the list spot rule as well.

So the short answer is yes it is going to cost them more and they are going to need better picks to match which will hopefully start to create the spillover effect that was part of the pitch when the academies where first proposed.

I’d say limited game time too just based on the fact that I didn’t spot him at all anywhere on the ground in the past quarter and a half (didn’t watch prior).

Neither do we it seems.

Going by Fly’s interview on SEN this week, he just wants players, he doesn’t want picks.

In other words, let the other teams do the heavy lifting of drafting players, and then we can pick them off when they’ve been developed and proven their ability at senior level.

And we just focus our efforts on creating a great environment and being a destination club.

Look at what happened to Oliver Henry. We spent one of our rare / precious first rounders on him, and he just goes and pisses off to Geelong for less than what we paid for him in the draft. We’re better off letting some other club be the suckers.
We feed off of GWS a lot

I’d say limited game time too just based on the fact that I didn’t spot him at all anywhere on the ground in the past quarter and a half (didn’t watch prior).
He was sighted early. His kicking was elite.
But 2nd half seemed to barely be on the ground. Its not that he didn't get the ball, but just didn't see him at all, which is rare unless the player was off the ground or didn't play

He was sighted early. His kicking was elite.
But 2nd half seemed to barely be on the ground. Its not that he didn't get the ball, but just didn't see him at all, which is rare unless the player was off the ground or didn't play
Probably just had an off day, he wouldn't be the only one out there that more was expected of. There's no dancing around the fire. He needs to develop much more and needs to find some burst. Which is the only knock I had on h8m. His side steps and evasion in close is already there. His kicking is sublime but needs to develop

Probably just had an off day, he wouldn't be the only one out there that more was expected of. There's no dancing around the fire. He needs to develop much more and needs to find some burst. Which is the only knock I had on h8m. His side steps and evasion in close is already there. His kicking is sublime but needs to develop
He has played a lot of footy this year, so either his time was managed or concussion/injured, because it was like he wasn't even on the ground in the 2nd half. So its not that he had an off day, but he wasn't sighted. But i've sent him a message to see if he was on limited minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back