News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back? We won the flag over 12 months ago. We didn't have to do anything too drastic, just get a better run with injury like Geelong.
True, but the point of the article was that Perryman and Houston will make us better, which, given we only just missed the finals this year, means we'll be right back at the pointy end next year.

Missed the finals by percentage only, in the closest season ever.

Finished 6 points behind the Lions who went on to win the flag. A team we've beaten the last 3 times we've played them. The last time being round 23 when Lions needed a win to make the top 4.

Who knows how the finals would have panned out if we met Lions in the EF instead of Carlscum. I'm sure Lions are glad they didn't us instead.
IMG_7032.jpeg

If we had 3-4 high draft picks to select, they'd be saying we're in big trouble because these kids need years of development, usually aren't ready to play seniors straightaway & if they do turn out to be spuds, we're stuck with these duds when our veterans retire.

Instead, we go with what I see is the logical way to replace our veterans with ready made, proven players in the 25-28 year age bracket who will play straightaway & automatically fill the gap left by our retirees.

And hopefully those young kids we have been developing are ready to take the next step : Allan, DeMattia, TJ, Parker, Harvey (upon his return), Smit..& fingers crossed for Reef, Fin, Steene, Long & Dean 🤞

If we had 3-4 high draft picks to select, they'd be saying we're in big trouble because these kids need years of development, usually aren't ready to play seniors straightaway & if they do turn out to be spuds, we're stuck with these duds when our veterans retire.

Instead, we go with what I see is the logical way to replace our veterans with ready made, proven players in the 25-28 year age bracket who will play straightaway & automatically fill the gap left by our retirees.

And hopefully those young kids we have been developing are ready to take the next step : Allan, DeMattia, TJ, Parker, Harvey (upon his return), Smit..& fingers crossed for Reef, Fin, Steene, Long & Dean 🤞
We’re fine. The fear is real with oppo flogs

We’re fine. The fear is real with oppo flogs
T
H
I
S

Scared Scooby Doo GIF by Mashed

True, but the point of the article was that Perryman and Houston will make us better, which, given we only just missed the finals this year, means we'll be right back at the pointy end next year.
If we perform well enough for longer. Still have to win games, and nothing is ever certain. But we'll give it a crack if our health maintains as best as possible. We could be top 4 or we could miss finals again. Nobody knows how the season will pan out. But hopefully everyone is fit and healthy and we'll see how we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back