News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

That author is a serial whiner. Needs to find a new hobby or a different club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sly is Collingwood royalty from back in the day. Is now a professional author.

One of the best Collingwood people you could meet.

When I get a chance I will read the article.

Sly is Collingwood royalty from back in the day. Is now a professional author.

One of the best Collingwood people you could meet.

When I get a chance I will read the article.
There's very little to disagree with as far as I'm concerned.

How does he attain “Collingwood royalty” status? Doesn’t sound like a name I would associate with that term?

As I said in the forum's (Lulie St Dash, Extreme Black n White, Buckley Surfers? and there might be others) over a 25 year period he is very well known and liked.

His rants on the boards were a thing of beauty to read. No swearing, just amazing vocabulary and hits the nail on the head.

There are a couple of others who were brilliant but if you don't know Sly then you would not have heard of the others.

In terms of the EGM and getting the club back on track, Sly I believe was one of the ones in the background.

As I said in the forum's (Lulie St Dash, Extreme Black n White, Buckley Surfers? and there might be others) over a 25 year period he is very well known and liked.

His rants on the boards were a thing of beauty to read. No swearing, just amazing vocabulary and hits the nail on the head.

There are a couple of others who were brilliant but if you don't know Sly then you would not have heard of the others.

In terms of the EGM and getting the club back on track, Sly I believe was one of the ones in the background.

I can only base my opinion on him on what I have read on Roar. Uniformly critical of the club with some pretty vanilla footy opinions.

As to the EGM, was his background involvement mentioned by anyone other than him?

I can only base my opinion on him on what I have read on Roar. Uniformly critical of the club with some pretty vanilla footy opinions.

As to the EGM, was his background involvement mentioned by anyone other than him?

Maybe you should read some of his other writings. But each to their own.

I don't know that much about the mechanics of who did what in the EGM but I have enough understanding of the group involved - most are white collars quite high up in their respective professions. Most of them were initially connected through some of the Collingwood forums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you should read some of his other writings. But each to their own.

I don't know that much about the mechanics of who did what in the EGM but I have enough understanding of the group involved - most are white collars quite high up in their respective professions. Most of them were initially connected through some of the Collingwood forums.

I think I will continue to deprive myself.

I miss the old Olympus days.

Swipey, you are clearly a cluey guy with a lot of opinion. One of the better and more thought provoking posters here.

This one smacks of hubris.

Sly has written as many insightful considered columns on our club as many professional journalists. And he does it for passion, not money or ego. And he does it with integrity, intellect and a sense of humour.

Sometimes people don’t know more than you or I, but they know different.

And he certainly was involved in the EGM. I know. My accountant assembled the petition for Turtle, Sly and others on my hardware.
FWIW, Licca and Johnno were in constant contact with them on a propaganda pitch.

That board fought battles on fronts people don’t realise. Cunning really.

Swipey, you are clearly a cluey guy with a lot of opinion. One of the better and more thought provoking posters here.

Sly has written as many insightful considered columns on our club as many professional journalists. And he does it for passion, not money or ego. And he does it with integrity, intellect and a sense of humour.

And he certainly was involved in the EGM. I know. My accountant assembled the petition for Turtle, Sly and others on my hardware.
FWIW, Licca and Johnno were in constant contact with them on a propaganda pitch.

Was this the petition that wanted a change of Board, in uproar over the newly appointed Board member who had a history of posting anti-Pie stuff? Those involved were taking signatures on game days.

Or am I confusing the petitions?

He talked about it on one of the rants

Was this the petition that wanted a change of Board, in uproar over the newly appointed Board member who had a history of posting anti-Pie stuff? Those involved were taking signatures on game days.

Or am I confusing the petitions?
The petition for an EGM to remove Korda.

This petition.

Like I say, I can only judge him on what I have read. His Roar columns are uniformly negative.

The NFL draw varies based on where the teams finish within their divisions.

In any case, we had 12 games this year against teams who missed the finals last year and only got 5 wins. That's why we're not playing finals.

Edit: 7 wins from 11 matches against last year's finallists
5 wins from 12 matches against last year's non-finallists

Yep.

It's all about the double ups:

As premiers we got:

3 against last year's top 6: Melb, Carl, Brissy - We went 6 wins from 6 against those teams.
2 against the middle 6: Syd and Ess - we had one draw from those 4 games
1 against bottom 6: Haw - 1 win from 2.

Who we got from the middle and bottom sections was unlucky as in Sydney and Haw we got 2 big improvers, but it wasn't the AFL policy of giving top teams a harder fixture that cost us.

Yep.

It's all about the double ups:

As premiers we got:

3 against last year's top 6: Melb, Carl, Brissy - We went 6 wins from 6 against those teams.
2 against the middle 6: Syd and Ess - we had one draw from those 4 games
1 against bottom 6: Haw - 1 win from 2.

Who we got from the middle and bottom sections was unlucky as in Sydney and Haw we got 2 big improvers, but it wasn't the AFL policy of giving top teams a harder fixture that cost us.
Where you play Gold Coast is also huge. Night and day between their home and away form. Blues got them in melb.

Not anything to be proud of IMO - it was basically a bunch of folks having a toddler temper tanty

This week our President announced that he intends to step down soon and speculation has started about who will be replacing him - probably Barry Carp. Why aren’t the EGM folks now out and about screaming for “democracy” like they were last time around?

Where you play Gold Coast is also huge. Night and day between their home and away form. Blues got them in melb.
And Freo. They got them during gather round at the Adelaide Oval and then got an armchair ride from the umps to help them across the line. Where as we got them in Perth and got a deathride at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back