News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Not anything to be proud of IMO - it was basically a bunch of folks having a toddler temper tanty

This week our President announced that he intends to step down soon and speculation has started about who will be replacing him - probably Barry Carp. Why aren’t the EGM folks now out and about screaming for “democracy” like they were last time around?
Browne is stepping down in 12 months when the next re-election is due.

Browne is stepping down in 12 months when the next re-election is due.

Last time I looked our board members had 3 year terms.

Browne came onto the board at the end of 2021, which would mean that his term finishes around now.

Last time I looked our board members had 3 year terms.

Browne came onto the board at the end of 2021, which would mean that his term finishes around now.
Yeah sorry, due for re-election at the end of this year. He likely would have been re-elected you would think anyway, but he's staying on until a suitable replacement is found.

Yeah sorry, due for re-election at the end of this year. He likely would have been re-elected you would think anyway, but he's staying on until a suitable replacement is found.

A “suitable replacement is found”?!?

Whatever happened to open elections?

(I’m not advocating for open elections, I just think it’s hypocritical that folks were embarrassing us by agitating for open elections 3 years ago, but now they’re happy to go back to the old ways)

ps. This is not directed at you 😃

A “suitable replacement is found”?!?

Whatever happened to open elections?

(I’m not advocating for open elections, I just think it’s hypocritical that folks were embarrassing us by agitating for open elections 3 years ago, but now they’re happy to go back to the old ways)

ps. This is not directed at you 😃
The members elect the board for 3 year terms & the board elect the president, don't they? So it would depend if anyone else nominates, I guess.

Barry Carp has only been mentioned as the board's likely successor at this stage.

This is a bit of a plot twist I was not aware of. Fly is at the races today and owns/has shares in 3 or 4 horses. (Was on RSN in a short interview).

The members elect the board for 3 year terms & the board elect the president, don't they? So it would depend if anyone else nominates, I guess.

Barry Carp has only been mentioned as the board's likely successor at this stage.
Same Barry Carp who is a real estate agent has been prominent in Club42?

Nice fellow, but I wouldn’t have picked him as president material.

Same Barry Carp who is a real estate agent has been prominent in Club42?

Nice fellow, but I wouldn’t have picked him as president material.
No clue. Says 'wealthy funds manager'.

I guess the board members would have a better idea on how he operates. I think they've just said 'internally he's the preferred successor at this stage.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup.
You’re right.
I was mistaken.
Billy Carp is who I was thinking of.

Anyone know anything about Barry the Fish?
I was at a bar last night, sitting by a pond filled with carp.
Reading about Barry who I know nothing about.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back