News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the pearl clutchers should actually be the ones who provide some reasoning behind their pearl clutching, beyond "well it's a lot of people!"4

Will they be hard to replace? Why? To what extent have they contributed to our success?

I hope I’m wrong.

Excuses? Or legitimate reasons?

Maybe when we get to a time when people candidly say “I left because I had the shits because the boss is an utter tossbag” then maybe we can call them legitimate reasons.

Look at John Noble for example - when he requested the trade it was all about needing to be close to his family. And with Collingwood being a family club with family values, surely we understand? Now the deal is done he’s being a lot more candid and the “family” line was clearly BS.

Yeah, sure, you can say that Noble has been replaced by Houston, we’re better off, what’s the fuss?

Ginnivan also didn’t have nice things to say about Collingwood after he left. Neither did Adams. How often do you ever hear players publicly say anything less than complimentary about a former club? Rarely, if ever.

Petryfor leaving raised a lot of eyebrows.

Wright leaving raised a lot of eyebrows. People made excuse that he was always going to leave to join the Devils. What’s the excuse now?

One of our staff members has us before the courts. Sure, there are concerns over that staff member, but it’s not as if Collingwood / Kelly are smelling of roses over it either.

I think the pearl clutchers should actually be the ones who provide some reasoning behind their pearl clutching, beyond "well it's a lot of people!"4

Will they be hard to replace? Why? To what extent have they contributed to our success?

I’m not at all worried about the departures but the 2 hardest to replace are Wright as GM and Bolton.

I rate Wright in terms of his list management, and his ability to navigate and implement change. I think Leppa has shown he’s capable of filling the list management element. We’ll have to wait to see who gets the GM role to see how we’ve addressed the loss of the rest.

Bolts is very highly regarded as an assistant and his work at both the Hawks and the Pies has shown his ability to work within a team capable of delivering success. Being able to regain Boyd largely offsets Bolts departure among on field assistant coaching ranks. We’re generally guessing about off field roles within the coaching structures.

Maybe when we get to a time when people candidly say “I left because I had the shits because the boss is an utter tossbag” then maybe we can call them legitimate reasons.

Look at John Noble for example - when he requested the trade it was all about needing to be close to his family. And with Collingwood being a family club with family values, surely we understand? Now the deal is done he’s being a lot more candid and the “family” line was clearly BS.

Yeah, sure, you can say that Noble has been replaced by Houston, we’re better off, what’s the fuss?

Ginnivan also didn’t have nice things to say about Collingwood after he left. Neither did Adams. How often do you ever hear players publicly say anything less than complimentary about a former club? Rarely, if ever.

Petryfor leaving raised a lot of eyebrows.

Wright leaving raised a lot of eyebrows. People made excuse that he was always going to leave to join the Devils. What’s the excuse now?

One of our staff members has us before the courts. Sure, there are concerns over that staff member, but it’s not as if Collingwood / Kelly are smelling of roses over it either.
I didn't hear Noble not say being near family was a part of the reason he wanted to go to the Suns. On the contrary. Said they are a very close family & being in different states for past 9-10 years has been difficult.

Wright left because he wanted Kelly's job. He was obviously disgruntled, now he's in training for his preferred position elsewhere.

Pettyfor left because Pert created a position for her at that rabble of a club. She didn't raise my eyebrows.

Ginnivan & Adams? Seriously? You're bringing them up? They both sooked it up because we didn't beg them to stay.

Wright has an itchy trigger finger and Bolton is a school teacher. God I hate school teachers ;)
It's fine manic, I'm willing to bet your school teachers hated you too. We don't just talk about green shoots, there's heap more brown shoots than green shoots in our classes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it with you ghouls continuing bringing up Jeff Browne leaving to focus on battling cancer? It's genuinely disgusting behaviour to keep bringing it up to try and win an argument.

Christine Holgate isn't leaving the club, she's just not seeking re-election to the board at the end of her term. "Chair of the Collingwood Community Foundation" doesn't really sound like she's dissatisfied with the club and is walking out.

These things are obvious, but you people are like a dog with a bone on these points, and refuse to acknowledge reason.

Who's the "senior leader" leaving? Bolton? Boyd IS replacing Bolton, because Bolton was still an assistant coach ultimately. I expect Hayden Skipworth, who was very close to getting a senior coaching job this year, will take on a more senior position within the coaching team.
1729059380904.jpeg

surely he's allowed to change his mind. wouldn't be the first person to take a job and realize its not a good fit.

Bolton leaving on the back of Wright isnt a good luck.
Better that than stay on in a role you don't like and souring the brew.

I have to agree with this week's version of Damo's gwyneth paltrow if but scenario. The lame excuse by the Pie president for giving up the presidency demonstrates that the club has lost its way. Yes, he has cancer but he is still breathing. Damo is right to signal that the departure demonstrates things are no good with the Pies.

Collingwood is set to meet with Western Bulldogs’ legend Robert Murphy about potentially joining the Magpies in a key off-field role.
Murphy, who captained Western Bulldogs amid a sparkling 312-game career, has returned to Victoria after spending three years at Fremantle in various roles including head of football and performance and leadership boss.

The Magpies are set to rejig their football department and have been speaking to highly-credentialed candidates about helping replace Graham Wright and Brendon Bolton as new head of football.

Collingwood missed out on Port’s Chris Davies and Brisbane’s Danny Daly, but are set to speak with Murphy, 42, next week.

The Magpies need to lock in a new right hand man for coach Craig McRae by the start of preseason next month.

Murphy was also considering a return to the footy media after a decorated stint on radio and as a newspaper columnist, but could be swayed to stay in club land in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back