News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

What the fk are you talking about? Did you read the article? Murphy has experience as a "head of football and performance and leadership boss".

Someone made a comment previously along the lines of that the 'wokes' are leaving because Kelly is more a blokes bloke.

Bob Murphy would be top 3 or possibly number 1 of the wokes in the AFL.

Someone made a comment previously along the lines of that the 'wokes' are leaving because Kelly is more a blokes bloke.

Bob Murphy would be top 3 or possibly number 1 of the wokes in the AFL.
Where does Fly sit on your wokey-blokey scale?

For the record on his own Instagram Bob Murphy refers to himself as woke/very woke.
I’m probably as anti-woke as you can get but I’ve always liked Bob. If he’s got something to offer I’m sure he’d be a good clubman. Never really imagined him in a non football role though to be honest

I’m probably as anti-woke as you can get but I’ve always liked Bob. If he’s got something to offer I’m sure he’d be a good clubman. Never really imagined him in a non football role though to be honest
Bob missing the 2016 granny was a travesty - a real shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not get him
He most probably got the flick from WA.
Who wants him in the media?
Woke fence sitter

I can totally disavow this comment, he was actively courted by BOTH NSW's teams last season but wanted to get home to Victoria. He loves Melbourne and can pick and choose from any number of positions which have been made open to him.

He'd be great for team culture, moral and leadership, whether or not he wants the pressure that goes with Wrighty's job is yet to be seen. And he'd hold his own with anyone (let alone Ned)

Nothing so easily signals a f-wit as using woke in a pejorative way
Just hope he picks elsewhere.
His support of Eddie Maguire on the indigenous matter was totally appalling.
On radio he basically endorsed his exit.
Eddie made a mistake.
But by god he did more for the club and the Indigenous peoples than 95 per cent of the population.
There is plenty who rushed to judgement.
Eg Hawthorn debacle

Maybe when we get to a time when people candidly say “I left because I had the shits because the boss is an utter tossbag” then maybe we can call them legitimate reasons.

Look at John Noble for example - when he requested the trade it was all about needing to be close to his family. And with Collingwood being a family club with family values, surely we understand? Now the deal is done he’s being a lot more candid and the “family” line was clearly BS.

Yeah, sure, you can say that Noble has been replaced by Houston, we’re better off, what’s the fuss?

Ginnivan also didn’t have nice things to say about Collingwood after he left. Neither did Adams. How often do you ever hear players publicly say anything less than complimentary about a former club? Rarely, if ever.

Petryfor leaving raised a lot of eyebrows.

Wright leaving raised a lot of eyebrows. People made excuse that he was always going to leave to join the Devils. What’s the excuse now?

One of our staff members has us before the courts. Sure, there are concerns over that staff member, but it’s not as if Collingwood / Kelly are smelling of roses over it either.
I have faith in the club. Surely the board is strong enough to sack anyone they believe is causing disharmony in the club? Why would they choose to lose quality people and keep a dick head? I get tired of everyone assuming that every negative whine by someone leaving the club must be 100% accurate and the club the bad player in each case.

Eddie made a mistake.
But by god he did more for the club and the Indigenous peoples than 95 per cent of the population.
Eg Hawthorn debacle
Give me a spell, it was beyond time for Eddie to leave and his response to the Do Better report was ridiculously tone deaf and putting sponsorships at the club at risk.

That will sway the wokes v blokes clearly in favour of the wokes.

Why would Ned make that appointment lol
Hearing some of his comments on SEN makes me feel enormous trepidation about his appointment to any role in the club. He's very pleased with himself and seems to believe his own press with regard to being the best bloke in the room. Just my opinion folks.

Eddie made a mistake.
Eg Hawthorn debacle
You're doing a great job of making me want him more!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back