Collingwood rumor is officially quashed by AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

They rumour I had heard is that the players had elevated levels, but that the levels were below what is considered a positive test. So the AFL saying they haven't been told of any positive tests would 100% agree with that.

The same thing happens in cycling all the time. The guys in the lab know what normal looks like, and they can be sure when someone has been using, but because they have to set a fixed number that is a positive test the user doesn't fail the test.

The users know what that number is and have their bloodwork constantly monitored to make sure they stay below while still getting maximum benefit.

They rumour I had heard is that the players had elevated levels, but that the levels were below what is considered a positive test. So the AFL saying they haven't been told of any positive tests would 100% agree with that.

The same thing happens in cycling all the time. The guys in the lab know what normal looks like, and they can be sure when someone has been using, but because they have to set a fixed number that is a positive test the user doesn't fail the test.

The users know what that number is and have their bloodwork constantly monitored to make sure they stay below while still getting maximum benefit.

The only conclusion to make out of AFL's statement that they haven't been told of any positive results is exactly that - there were no positive results.

The rest my friend is just your dribbling spin on it.

I think it was the man on the grassy knoll and he acted alone! :rolleyes:

ive only been on the soccer and cricket pages over the last month.

people really have too much time on their hands during summer. maybe some of you should go camping or the beach or some outdoor activity.

and i hope a lesson is learnt here, rules should be applied consistently.

Okay, it's official. This is all the conclusive proof we need.

We can put this to bed, once and for all.

Collingwood footballers have never taken performance enhancing drugs.

Collingwood footballers are not taking performance enhancing drugs.

Collingwood footballers will never take performance enhancing drugs.

We must listen to Andy Demetriou and Adrian Anderson when they speak The Truth!

ASADA, the federal government agency does the testing.

Nothing to do with the AFL.

ha ha. Like injunctions mean that Hawthorn players never took recreational drugs, Hawthorn players are not taking recreational drugs and Hawthorn players will never take recreational drugs. We must listen to injunctions when they stop anybody from speaking the truth! :rolleyes:

As has been mentioned earlier the incident with the injunction is no way related to this. The stealing and selling of medical records is something that should have been stopped and was.

What I find funny about this issue is the amount of people who are so convinced that the rumour is right apropos of nothing other then an internet rumour. It appeared on the internet so it must be true and the AFL must be covering it up.

I am not saying that the AFL's word should be treated as gospel, but of course neither should rumours that have started on the internet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point being that under ASADA rules there would be no way to keep it secret if any players were found to have taken performance enhancing drugs. Idiots who post ridiculous statements about AFL coverups have no clue what they're talking about.

Well StKilda have been accused of covering up that schoolgirl scandal. Some have said money was involved.

Funnily enough this gets released....

http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2011/January/31-01-11.1.html

and rightly so... the girl is around to enlighten us on what a lovely bunch they saints are... the jilted 16/17 year old that should have been left alone in the first place..

wheras we have been wrongly accused to taking banned performance enhancing substances.. one has elements of truth whilst the other is a croc of shit..

Only with bloody Collingwood would the AFL step forward to quash an internet forum rumour, talk about playing favourites.

I don't recall them coming out and saying anything about the gay footballer from Essendon, any of Fev's alleged antics or the 100 strikes Buddy Franklin had accrued over the past 3 pre-seasons.

That being said they won 1 out of 2 grand finals this year and probably deserve the special treatment
Who is the gay Bumber?:eek:
I have heard nil of this one.
Any initials forthcoming or at least a PM?

Alright, let's please just look at the situation rationally and forget the team is Collingwood for a second.

Derryn Hinch released a statement on his website saying that he had been fielding rumours of players taking performance enhancing drugs...and he mentioned the club was Collingwood.

He also advised readers to "Watch this space".

Of course the AFL had to respond to this. They have quashed the rumours. If it were just internet rumours, then I doubt the AFL would've had much to say. However, when a leading radio broadcaster with a huge following makes such a statement, then the AFL had no choice but to react quickly before the rumour got out of hand and other news broadcasts run with it.

This isn't the first time that a radio broadcaster has used Collingwood to drum up ratings. Neil Mitchell felt it his obligation to report that Beams and McCarthy were under investigation for an alleged sexual assault. There was no reason to name them as they deserved to be innocent until proven guilty. As it turns out, they were not charged yet another man was. However their reputations took a hit.

It seems to me that the media is sinking to all time lows now to generate interest. They are now doing the same with St.Kilda. Already we've seen Barrett retract a statement.

Gone are the times when a journalist would get the facts first then report. Now, as long as the rumour is on the internet, it is fair game. With sites like BF rampant with this stuff, the AFL is right to quash these quickly...especially if they find their way onto the air.

Pretty sure Big Footy mods squashed all those rumours and actively moderated any mention or discussion of them.

Something they failed to do in this case, for no apparent reason.

Time out there big fella.

Reasons were given. Repeated several times in fact.

For a few reasons the thread ended up being closed just before the AFL came out and denied the rumour.

Alright, let's please just look at the situation rationally and forget the team is Collingwood for a second.

Derryn Hinch released a statement on his website saying that he had been fielding rumours of players taking performance enhancing drugs...and he mentioned the club was Collingwood.

He also advised readers to "Watch this space".

Of course the AFL had to respond to this. They have quashed the rumours. If it were just internet rumours, then I doubt the AFL would've had much to say. However, when a leading radio broadcaster with a huge following makes such a statement, then the AFL had no choice but to react quickly before the rumour got out of hand and other news broadcasts run with it.

This isn't the first time that a radio broadcaster has used Collingwood to drum up ratings. Neil Mitchell felt it his obligation to report that Beams and McCarthy were under investigation for an alleged sexual assault. There was no reason to name them as they deserved to be innocent until proven guilty. As it turns out, they were not charged yet another man was. However their reputations took a hit.

It seems to me that the media is sinking to all time lows now to generate interest. They are now doing the same with St.Kilda. Already we've seen Barrett retract a statement.

Gone are the times when a journalist would get the facts first then report. Now, as long as the rumour is on the internet, it is fair game. With sites like BF rampant with this stuff, the AFL is right to quash these quickly...especially if they find their way onto the air.

The irony is that Hinch got these "questions he was supposedly "fielding" straight from Saintsational and BigFooty.
The rumours revolved, firstly on Saintsational and then BigFooty, around an article which clearly stated that the AFL had had no, zero, none, not a ****ing sausage of notification from ASADA of any AFL player testing positive to anything. The only tenuous link to the AFL or any AFL player was the fact the article claimed the nation wide tests in many individual and team sports were carried out about the time of the AFL and NRL Grand Finals.

Every assumption was drawn from there, totally ignoring the part where it was clearly stated that the AFL had notification from ASADA of any AFL player testing positive to anything...period.
Now some dumb ****wits on here will use the Hinch article to justify the original fictitious crap which was allowed to propagate here.
It's a viscous cycle of bullshit driven by attention seeking people like Hinch, some psoers on this forum and Saintsational and some very rubbery oversight for what ever reason.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Hinch was knocking off an underage girl at some stage or is that just a rumour which should be discussed at length, in the absence of any first hand dismissal by the great buffoon himself? Wouldn't that be statutory rape or some other heinous crime?

This rumour thing could be fun or it could get to be a real ****ing handful.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood rumor is officially quashed by AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back