Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:

Eddie has really put his club in awful spot. The fact that he comes out time and time again and blindly defends his players actions, even when it's obvious they're in the wrong has left him and Collingwood open to all this criticism and it's well deserved. Unfortunately for the CFC Eddie is everywhere and his opinions get heard constantly, then the supporters have to deal with the fallout and hear all the sh!!t.

There is clearly something wrong at Collingwood, Eddie's stupidity doesn't help anyone, it's not the 90's anymore Ed, people have eyes and ears and can access information for themselves. They aren't going to believe everything you feed them.

FWIW De Goey maybe cleared (which doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen) but Ed really needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to other clubs, I can't wait to hear him talk over everyone and justify his stance on this.

Fully expect leaked sh*te sheets on the complainant. If CFC is party to this it should go down big time before the Courts.
will be very interesting. Is it new evidence?

Or re-examination of the evidence? Post-#metoo, things that were sweepable before may be sticking out from under the rug now. Who knows.

Quite serious if charges have been laid, fair enough and appropriate JDG stays in the Collingwood program, but surely he is not selected to play?

Wasn't there a story about something like this here a while ago? Maybe it was a news article where someone else was hung out to dry after the AFL club's lawyer showed up to defend the player but not the non player friend, there were no charges laid against the player and then the non player was left to wear all of it.
You might be getting confused with some other currently-listed Collingwood (alleged) rapist; you can read about it here.

Eddie has really put his club in awful spot. The fact that he comes out time and time again and blindly defends his players actions, even when it's obvious they're in the wrong has left him and Collingwood open to all this criticism and it's well deserved. Unfortunately for the CFC Eddie is everywhere and his opinions get heard constantly, then the supporters have to deal with the fallout and hear all the sh!!t.

There is clearly something wrong at Collingwood, Eddie's stupidity doesn't help anyone, it's not the 90's anymore Ed, people have eyes and ears and can access information for themselves. They aren't going to believe everything you feed them.

FWIW De Goey maybe cleared (which doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen) but Ed really needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to other clubs, I can't wait to hear him talk over everyone and justify his stance on this.

So just to be clear this didn't necessarily mean this didn't happen?? Even though cleared

What I don't understand here - and the reason is Eddie's presence - is why the club would take sides in this with an undetermined outcome. Their statement takes the side of the player, why do this? They risking up in a bad place from doing this, for a player who has at least pretty questionable personal ethics.

Just say "It is a serious matter, before the courts, we understand that these can be complex issues, we support Jordan but we acknowledge his accuser has a right to be heard" Refer anything else to his lawyer and say you'll review his participation in the club football program later. Gives the media nowhere to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not good but basically just complete self preservation.

That stuff relating to 2018, calling it a ‘historical’ charge like he’s George Pell or something, facing sepia coloured allegations from years gone by...

Immediately ruling out a stand down pending the case - interesting to see in 2020.

DeGoey and Collingwood are a prime target for the court of public opinion at the moment - will have a few looking for another pound of flesh I think.

Yep, self preservation in the face of charges of this nature. Shocking.

I’m very surprised he hasn’t been stood down. This isn’t drunk and disorderly. This is very, very serious. The AFL will absolutely cringe at having this guy running around on the TV every week. I can only assume they’ve ticked it off, staggering.

So just to be clear this didn't necessarily mean this didn't happen?? Even though cleared

Of course. Legally they were cleared so no issue there, but charges may not have been laid for a number of reasons. That is a rape, so there should have been physical evidence if as the article says she went to the police the same day. The issue in rape cases is proving if consent was given. Sexual assault can be harder to prove, but just because it can't legally be proved doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did OJ kill his wife? Do you think guilty people don't get let off for a range of reasons?

Yep, self preservation in the face of charges of this nature. Shocking.

I’m very surprised he hasn’t been stood down. This isn’t drunk and disorderly. This is very, very serious. The AFL will absolutely cringe at having this guy running around on the TV every week. I can only assume they’ve ticked it off, staggering.
How can you stand him down if he hasn't been found guilty of anything?

I agree with this. Im uneasy standing down players for anything but the most serious offences and/or anything that subjugates the assumption of innocence.

In a criminal sense, indecent assault generally relates to touching without consent and is obviously on the lower spectrum of sexual assault offences when compared to rape, for example.

Sexual assault
Racism
Alcoholism
Drink driving
Covid-19 breach
Drugs/Recreational drugs
Illegal Betting
Indecent exposure
Sexting
Crowd troubles

Is there anything else I missed?

I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood are caught up in a Juventus like match fixing, paying off officials. Last 3 to 4 years has been staggering.
Yep

You forgot to say Ed's a buffoon.

Of course. Legally they were cleared so no issue there, but charges may not have been laid for a number of reasons. That is a rape, so there should have been physical evidence if as the article says she went to the police the same day. The issue in rape cases is proving if consent was given. Sexual assault can be harder to prove, but just because it can't legally be proved doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did OJ kill his wife? Do you think guilty people don't get let off for a range of reasons?
Sure they do.
And no it is not rape. We don't know the details yet. However..
you do seem to have made up your mind he is guilty or will treat him so even if cleared.rIght??

Can you call them 'so many rapists' just because it was unproven?
How many rapists do we have roaming around?

Also feasible the victim wasn't totally a victim!
The stats are around 5% or so are found guilty. So based on that, 20 times as many are roaming around free

Sexual assault
Racism
Alcoholism
Drink driving
Covid-19 breach
Drugs/Recreational drugs
Illegal Betting
Indecent exposure
Sexting
Crowd troubles

Is there anything else I missed?

I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood are caught up in a Juventus like match fixing, paying off officials. Last 3 to 4 years has been staggering.

I believe the coach has tried to change his own ways and drag his club along with him. He now speaks eloquently and maturely. I’ve grown to like him. However Collingwood’s issue is they will never get rid of a talented player who plays up. They‘d never do what Beveridge did when he got rid of Stringer or even Goodwin who punted Hogan. Or even what Brisbane did with Beams. That’s why their culture remains an issue because the top dozen or so players know they‘re safe no matter what.

Its the seriousness of the charges and whether you want him running out in your jumper every week before he’s found not guilty.

It’d be the same as the public face of any organisation. That’s what players are.

Not to mention what an absolute shitshow the whole episode is gonna be. Last week was a circus at Collingwood. What about this? The players and coaches don’t need it.

It’s not about legal guilt, it’s about reputation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back