List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

It's funny how much angst their is over Henry but none at all over Chugg and McMahon being delisted which gets to the points. It's not about rules or anything being unfair. It's about being upset 1 player has chosen to leave and trying to blame the system.

The angst - from most genuine Pies supporters is the circumstances pertaining to the transaction, not the players decision to leave the club..

People are lashing out, but they’re frustrated given the reasoning behind his request for a move. This is further exacerbated by Collingwood’s perceived poor list management accountability and poor performance at the trade table.

Collingwood are a business and also a sports club which relies on thousandfold members and corporate sponsorship to run effectively. One of the unique elements of sporting industries is the mechanics of player trading.

Collingwood don’t need or in this case want to facilitate a trade, and just like Henry who wants to leave as his contract has expired, Collingwood don’t have to accept a mediocre trade deal to appease an out-going asset.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s incorrect. Henry has just said he wants to play with his brother. Not necessarily that he wants to move away from Collingwood seeking other opportunities. You can bet a number of clubs would be interested in him if that was the case.

Hawthorn are actively shopping Mitchell around. They did it last year as well. He has been playing fewer minutes in the midfield. They want draft picks to rebuild.

But I would think they would want something reasonable otherwise they may as well holding in to him.
How can a question be incorrect?

But thanks for educating me on the bleeding obvious.

What are Henry’s options if we don’t accept a trade? Sign a deal with us or go into the draft? Is that right?
If this is the case I would hold on. Back ourselves to give him game time and hopefully live the place too much to want to leave again just like Papley at Sydney.
No it's not about GIFTING him game time it's about him EARNING it.

They also didn’t trade down a few spots to get him. So that’s two times they havent played hardball to get him
They tried to. Once they realised he would be available in the teens they tried to trade in to the first round but couldn’t get a deal done.

How can a question be incorrect?

But thanks for educating me on the bleeding obvious.
The ‘?’ does not belong at the end of your statement.
If it was a question you would begin the question with ‘Are Geelong….’
If you made a grammatical error then my answer is ‘No’.

The ‘?’ does not belong at the end of your statement.
If it was a question you would begin the question with ‘Are Geelong….’
If you made a grammatical error then my answer is ‘No’.
That's incorrect (to borrow your phrase).

If I write 'The dog is yellow?' it is still a question.

Try to lecture someone who has a lesser understanding of the English language than yours in future, please

I've seen him having dinner at the Harp, so not sure about that.
My sister lives there and sees him out and about around willy.
I remember when he first got the job she said they saw him out the front of a house with a real estate agent.
2 and 2 pretty likely he lives there but not certain.

Attached is Henry's Draft Profile. It lists his Areas of Improvement as being Tackling and Defensive Pressure. These deficiencies have been an issue since juniors and are still his issues now. Yet there appears to have been minimal to no improvement in this area. So my question is over what period of time would the club realistically expect to see improvement in this area?

That profile is exactly right, doesn’t make enough of his weakness in a contest.

No improvement in 2yrs, you’d think that should be a worry for Geelong.

The angst - from most genuine Pies supporters is the circumstances pertaining to the transaction, not the players decision to leave the club..

People are lashing out, but they’re frustrated given the reasoning behind his request for a move. This is further exacerbated by Collingwood’s perceived poor list management accountability and poor performance at the trade table.

Collingwood are a business and also a sports club which relies on thousandfold members and corporate sponsorship to run effectively. One of the unique elements of sporting industries is the mechanics of player trading.

Collingwood don’t need or in this case want to facilitate a trade, and just like Henry who wants to leave as his contract has expired, Collingwood don’t have to accept a mediocre trade deal to appease an out-going asset.

Agree with everything you said. And you did it without a single insult thrown a players way or pretending to that the system is unfair. Kudos.

I was going to put forth a lengthy reply but after reading it I figured what's the point, everything that needs to be said is summarised in the TL;DR version below:

TL;DR - I'm not sure why you're even pursuing this to be honest, as supporters of our club we should be getting behind them not relenting on getting fair value in trade for a promising young player we've already put two years of development into.
I'm 100% behind the club getting the best deal we can. I'm 100% against personal insults against players who have done nothing but play within the rules forced onto them.

That profile is exactly right, doesn’t make enough of his weakness in a contest.

No improvement in 2yrs, you’d think that should be a worry for Geelong.
which may explain why Geelong are reluctant to give a first rounder for Henry. Which is irrelevant as we won't release him for anything less than a 1st (or a 2nd and a lot of other things eg a player)

If the mooted Grundy for 27 and a slide of 16 forward to 13 from Dees eventuates could we go back to Cats and say 13, 27, 41 & Henry for 7 & 25.

So Henry and 41 for a 6 pick round 1 upgrade and a 2 pick 2nd round upgrade. 41 may not be used by us anyway.

Go to the draft with 2 live picks (7 & 25) and Noble upgrade.

If the mooted Grundy for 27 and a slide of 16 forward to 13 from Dees eventuates could we go back to Cats and say 13, 27, 41 & Henry for 7 & 25.

So Henry and 41 for a 6 pick round 1 upgrade and a 2 pick 2nd round upgrade. 41 may not be used by us anyway.

How are we getting Mitchell and Fiorini then ? Should not be involving the pick in the 20s from Dees in trade with Geelong that is ridiculous overs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The effective value of that pick upgrade according to the points system is us giving away Ollie Henry for pick #67.

We could trade #41 to a team looking for draft points in exchange for a future pick, so you can't write off its value due to us potentially not using it.

Take #27 out of the deal and it's the equivalent of us gaining pick #25. Take #41 out and it's the equivalent of pick #37.

I’m sure this has probably been mentioned, Jack Henry to the pies….?
Then he and Ollie can play together next year. Jack will play in 2 flags in a row.
We’ll give them out 3 shit picks in the 3rd round. If they add them up together, they could equal a first round pick, even though they won’t use them for matching points/ bids.
They won’t miss him they will have that Bowes guy that everyone seems so fond of these days (whoever he is)
Solved!

Screw Tom Mitchell, we should focus on getting Rhys Mathieson. He's the big bodied bull we've been looking for. We can't rely on Adams anymore. His body is breaking down. Mathieson should be at bargain basement price. Can't go wrong.

If we get 13, I hope we can combine it with our future first and jump up past Geelong, I know it's unlikely but how good would that be, take the player they are all over

I have nightmares about us trading another future first anytime soon. Do yourself a favour and don’t look up how that went for us last time!

hardly - to be fair I do live in Geelong but have also managed to get myself kicked out of the Geelong BF board.
I'm just being pragmatic not one-eyed.
Maybe pragmatic. But shhh. We don’t use big words like that here. This is Big Footy. We are the bottom feeders of the Footy world 😬

Screw Tom Mitchell, we should focus on getting Rhys Mathieson. He's the big bodied bull we've been looking for. We can't rely on Adams anymore. His body is breaking down. Mathieson should be at bargain basement price. Can't go wrong.
Screw Tom Mitchell
but lets get Rhys Matheison fmd.

You have no idea, anyone that doesn't want Tom Mitchell has no idea. He literally will improve our middle by that much next year. He will make De Goey even more dangerous, Daicos/Crisp as well.

Vomit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back