List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not unheard of. Travis Cloke tore up the last year of his $800k contract to move to the dogs on a reduced two year deal. If Lynch is desperate to have another crack at a premiership, I can see him going down this path. For some veterans winning premierships is more important than the money. It's no different to players turning their back on North's 2 million per season offers
Restricted free agency contracts can’t be torn up, the AFL put that provision in place when Sydney offered Buddy his enormous long term deal. Every cent of the deal must be paid.

TC is a different cat, though...
trash can boomerang GIF

Unless we start drafting some talented youth Nick isn’t playing many more finals in his career.

Collingwood players in 2026-35 also deserve to play finals footy.
Don't worry mick, I'm just as worried as you but given a good run with injuries, we could win it again. It feels like the club is prepared to accept a bit of long-term pain for some short term gain.

Injury prone, old and on a massive contract. I wouldn’t be giving anything below pick 40 even if Richmond was paying a massive chunk of his ridiculously large salary.
Richmond should keep him. They need senior players to lead the young fellas and a big bloke to straighten them up (if in doubt kick it long to CHF) - their salary cap shouldn’t be a concern for the next couple of years.

Unless we start drafting some talented youth Nick isn’t playing many more finals in his career.

Collingwood players in 2026-35 also deserve to play finals footy.
Honestly after 2021 I thought we wouldn’t play finals for a decade. We went prelim, flag. The right system and buy in takes you a long way. Our list has holes everywhere now and we’re still competitive with anyone. We arguably played some of our best footy mid year when we were thread bare thin injury wise and blokes like Richards, Sullivan etc stood tall. Our draftees like Ed, Harry etc need to take the step this year though

Last edited:
Lynch’s contract is a FA deal so I doubt it can be torn up. Best case would be that he agrees to a two year extension at $250-300k pa so you’re left with 3 years at $2-2.1m which you structure based on our cap situation. The argument from some will be “why” from his camp which is a case of a simple guaranteed 3 years and $500-600k v the uncertainty of 1 and none.
Add in the fact that he will be staring at the next to bottom rung of the ladder for the best part of three year should he stay on the north side on Brunton Ave. You take his contract, the trade would be minimal to nothing, this one has legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall a certain poster posted about us receiving a player and a pick.
All hell broke loose not long after as the Petracca story broke.
I won’t call you out, (you know who you are).
If you have anything to update us with, it would be appreciated.
I remember the post. Mitch Lewis was the player I had in mind. Hawks picking up Barrass and Battle and still apparently looking to fund Perryman. Mitch Lewis who misses the start of next year with an ACL might be seen as obsolete at Hawthorn following the development of Dear? They have a known interest in Gruzewski too who could move to them this trade period.

Last edited:
Picking Mitch Lewis up whilst out with a long term injury is absolutely not what our list needs in the immediate future.
He’s one hell of a forward when fit. If we get a draft pick for him, biding the time could be well worth it.

He’s one hell of a forward when fit. If we get a draft pick for him, biding the time could be well worth it.

I suppose if Checkers has a only a year or two left he'd be a good pairing with McStay for a couple of years after that.

But I think this list has another premiership in it, which is why I hope we get Houston. Even if it means shedding a best 23 player in addition to Noble.

I suppose if Checkers has a only a year or two left he'd be a good pairing with McStay for a couple of years after that.

But I think this list has another premiership in it, which is why I hope we get Houston. Even if it means shedding a best 23 player in addition to Noble.
I think Lewis will be back by round 6 next year, could still play a big part for us

I think Lewis will be back by round 6 next year, could still play a big part for us
He's 26 and has played the same number of games as Nick Daicos. Never more than 15 in a year. He'll probably be really good if he ever has a good run at it, but Hawks would want more than you'd be willing to pay. Stringer doesn't train and breaths in hamburgers and he's fitter than him.

He's 26 and has played the same number of games as Nick Daicos. Never more than 15 in a year. He'll probably be really good if he ever has a good run at it, but Hawks would want more than you'd be willing to pay. Stringer doesn't train and breaths in hamburgers and he's fitter than him.
Seems to get injured most years. If his body came good and you got him cheap, it could be worth a shot

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back