List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
This auto response should available in place of the dislike/thumbs down option

Of all the different boards, the Cats seem to be the most precious and very fast to kick oppo posters out. They will not tolerate a different view point. I thought this was the reason we have these forums - some robust debate.
In our Qualifying final against them I accidently posted on their game day thread thinking it was ours posting straight away without read all the posts. I got banned for 1 week because I posted saying "Thank **** we've got Tay Adams and Degoey in the middle" Lol they are so precious.

By looking at the numerical value of points we harvest from a trade, they can be traded to teams who need points or used to move up the order or used to trade into next year's draft.
Have you actually done any research on teams that need points who we can trade with to “move up the order?”
As it stands, Brisbane was the only team in that position, and they’ve already done their points trades with other clubs. And no clubs are going to be moving their future picks for “points” this year. The whole league learned the folly of doing that from us when we traded what turned out to be pick 2 away for a couple of second rounders 2 years ago.
It's getting to stage of accepting the numerical value of Pick 12 in terms of points or sending Henry off to the PSD/ND and watching as a team takes him for free. I know which one I'd prefer.
Yes, let’s just accept other clubs garbage because of points that are irrelevant to us. As I said, completely asinine. What a great way to announce to the entire league that we can be walked all over at the trade table.

Tom Browne said that his manager told him that he won’t be signing a new contract at Collingwood
Prior to the situation they find themselves in now. But if there is a choice between collingwood and the draft, its a no brainer.

I think most players decide their position during the bye round. He certainly would have been pissed to have been dropped when we started qualifying for finals. Nothing worse than watching as AJ play really well just before and squeeze you out. Adding to it, Henry witnessed his brother win a flag. For his childhood team. With players he's mates with. It would have sealed the deal.

Fly and the coaching team want Henry but can tell his heart is not in playing for the Pies. It's so weird because he's close with a number of the players.

A deal will likely not get done on our terms. Way the reports are going, there's a chance it falls through and we get 12 months to inflate his value.
this wouldn't be the worst outcome.
Henry has talent and I'd rather not waste the 2 years of development. And even if he leaves, his increased value will increase what Geelong have to pay.

I doubt we would do it, it's too one sided

I’d be tempted to do that just to spite Geelong, but that’s a very lop sided deal in the Hawks favour. I wouldn’t want us trading out of the first round again.

I would do it from our end. I don’t think Hawthorn would do it and I don’t think the majority of Pies fans would either. In terms of deals that have been floated it’s definitely one of the better ones, IMO.

I just think the way Hine has drafted in the last 10 years we are more likely to land a star with 6 then we are with 16 and future 1st which might be anywhere from 8-18 gives ourselves the best chance to at least get 1 very talent kid in.

Lets say its 16 and 13 and the Grundy pick for 6 and future 2nd which could be around 23 and Mitchell thrown in.

Personally I hope so too.
I got kicked out of the Geelong board simply because I said that Collingwood wanted a first rounder. Can't wait till Maynard lines up on him next year
On the afternoon we lost the 2011 granny to those pr1cks, a drunk Cats supporter reversed into my 67 Holden and smashed in the front end.

At first he admitted fault, then when I couldn’t get a cop to attend as they were “too busy elsewhere” he flipped me off, said “Geelong rule, Pies are sh1t” then reversed his story and said I rear ended him and sped off.

I’ve never wanted to cave someone’s head in so bad.

That’s Geelong supporters in a nutshell. Arrogant bogan swine.

If you got kicked off their board, wear it like a badge. They’re called the handbaggers for a reason.

Worst supporters in the league.

Of all the different boards, the Cats seem to be the most precious and very fast to kick oppo posters out. They will not tolerate a different view point. I thought this was the reason we have these forums - some robust debate.
So the Geelong board is more like a fanatical religious cult than a forum. :p

No it doesn’t. It has the value of pick 25 and 38. Stop using ******* points to value trades when we don’t need points. It’s asinine.

Seriously… *.

good point

Tom Browne said that his manager told him that he won’t be signing a new contract at Collingwood

Why would he say anything different? makes sense to put the pressure on Collingwood.

Henry doesn't sound like a kid who could handle going through a ND or PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the afternoon we lost the 2011 granny to those pr1cks, a drunk Cats supporter reversed into my 67 Holden and smashed in the front end.

At first he admitted fault, then when I couldn’t get a cop to attend as they were “too busy elsewhere” he flipped me off, said “Geelong rule, Pies are sh1t” then reversed his story and said I rear ended him and sped off.

If you got kicked off their board, wear it like a badge. They’re called the handbaggers for a reason.

I hated them long before this year, but them winning the flag has turned them all into super dickheads

So the Geelong board is more like a fanatical religious cult than a forum. :p

Cooper Stephens worth a 1st.

Henry worth a second.

The best advise I can give is wait until they pony up pick 7 in a deal and then give them a spray.

if they pony up im getting them speyed not sprayed

I just think the way Hine has drafted in the last 10 years we are more likely to land a star with 6 then we are with 16 and future 1st which might be anywhere from 8-18 might as well give ourselves the best chance to at least get 1 very talent kid in.

Lets say its 16 and 13 for 6 and future 2nd which could be around 23 and Mitchell thrown in.
It’s 13 possibly turning into 3 that has people gun shy. I get it myself because with our profile in close games and ease of fixture I wouldn’t be shocked if we slid. I just have faith we won’t because 2022 ended very differently to 2020.

Handing Mackie the reins during trade period is like getting the work experience kid to operate heavy machinery. Doomed to fail.

I trust Wrighty to get us bang for buck. Or hold Ollie. Either way it works for me.

In our Qualifying final against them I accidently posted on their game day thread thinking it was ours posting straight away without read all the posts. I got banned for 1 week because I posted saying "Thank * we've got Tay Adams and Degoey in the middle" Lol they are so precious.
In 2019 when we beat them in the Qualifying final, I posted "bad luck and that I had a soft spot for the Cats because a deceased close family friend was a mad Cats fan". I also was banned and when I protested the mods said I should know better than to post on their board after losing a final to the Pies.

Fair to say that soft spot disappeared there and then.

sorry about your car mate. As someone who lives in Geelong and had to endure 2011, their inability to even acknowledge any weaknesses of their players is unparalleled. I'm as one-eyed as any Collingwood fan but Cats supporters are next level.
Don't get me wrong, Geelong is a great place to live but when it comes to trade period (especially after they won a flag) their fans are so full of hubris.

Grundy’s style of play suited Buckley’s dour , slow , backwards , safety first style of coaching modus operandi , Fly style is the exact opposite , run and gun , manic helter skelter take it on at all costs without fear method .
You’ve got this completely wrong.
An athletic, mobile Ruckman, who can run all day fits the new game plan exactly. ie.Grundy

That’s why Fly said Grundy makes us better.

In 2019 when we beat them in the Qualifying final, I posted "bad luck and that I had a soft spot for the Cats because a deceased close family friend was a mad Cats fan". I also was banned and when I protested and the mods said I should know better than to post on their board after losing a final to the Pies.

Fair to say that soft spot disappeared there and then.
I was looking back on the thread I got banned from - about 70% of the posters respectfully disagreed with me which is fine. The other 30% just hurled abuse. Which I don't care about.
But it's clear the mods were in the 30% group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back