List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langdon , especially around season 3-4, held onto the ball looking for better options instead of going 1st opportunity. He used his pace to make sure he didnt get caught when space tightened and he rarely was but he often looked rushed in that setting.

Think part of what gave him confidence to hold onto the ball longer was knowing he had pace to get out of trouble.
It was a bit of a shame that he wanted to be Pendles with the ball, should have copied Jack Crisp.

James Hird was extraordinary to say the least. Absolute Star. Could also play anywhere. He was as good as it gets at AFL level.

Haven't seen anything too special from Ollie yet.
Give it time and you will see plenty special from Henry. He is one player we will be very sorry we were unable to keep.

Lachie Cowan making his debut for Carlton this week. He is the one I really wanted with our 2nd rounder (we took Ryan), and could have grabbed him with our second second rounder, except we traded that away for a pick next year! I think we will regret this one.

Don’t think grundy was ever highly rated by fly. His first interview he stated that Grundy “needs to build a better relationship with his midfield”. Thats about as close as Fly gets to potting one of his players. He obv felt it didn’t change too much whilst he was coach, whilst GW would’ve also been keen to see the back of that contract the first day he walked into the club. The amount of sh*t that guy has had to clean up is pretty staggering. I think recruiting will be next…

Last edited:
Don’t think grundy was ever highly rated by fly. His first interview he stated that Grundy “needs to build a better relationship with his midfield”. Thats about as close as Fly gets to potting one of his players. He obv felt it didn’t change too much whilst he was coach, whilst GW would’ve also been keen to see the back of that contract the first day he walked into the club. The amount of sh*t that guy has had to clean up is pretty staggering. I think recruitment will be next…
I think unnecessary interference with the football department is the next issue that faces us.

It's time this was ratified and made official policy to stop sht storms like the Treloar, Beams and Grundy catastrophes overtaking the club.

Beams return was the first and that was sheer interference from the pres - that situation was largely responsible for the Treloar rubbish and the lack of cash for Grundy's outrageously inflated contract.

If we want to be regarded as a professionally run organization that needs to start at the very top.

That was all / mostly solved when Eddie left the building, wasn’t it? Don’t think there’s too many telling GW what to do. The board might’ve tried when it came to JDG, but he has so far been vindicated by Jordy’s on-field performances ever since.

Kelly is also a football guy though, so he may want to dip his toe into list management and recruiting. I think Derek is under the Kosh here, and approaching ‘retirement age’. Reckon the old 1990 magpie premiership players are lining up a replacement already…

Ignoring a gifted Darcy Moore, no decent KPP being (nationally) drafted since Ben Reid - ie in 15 years - is a damaging stat, and one that we have desperately been trying to mitigate ever since

Last edited:
That was all / mostly solved when Eddie left the building, wasn’t it? Don’t think there’s too many telling GW what to do. The board might’ve tried when it came to JDG, but he has so far been vindicated by Jordy’s on-field performances ever since.

Kelly is also a football guy though, so he may want to dip his toe into list management and recruiting. I think Derek is under the Kosh here, and approaching ‘retirement age’. Reckon the old 1990 magpie premiership players are lining up a replacement already…

Ignoring a gifted Darcy Moore, no decent KPP being (nationally) drafted since Ben Reid - ie in 15 years - is a remarkable stat, and one that we have desperately been trying to mitigate ever since
It seems almost solved CS but if no provision is made for it to recur in future the door remains open for a repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ignoring a gifted Darcy Moore, no decent KPP being (nationally) drafted since Ben Reid - ie in 15 years - is a remarkable stat, and one that we have desperately been trying to mitigate ever since
Ned IS a footy guy, so it would be stupid not to at least tap into his expertise from time to time, but he is smart enough to realise that in GW we have one of the best in the business.

100% ClickBait s**t from Browne again

Did you even listen to it? The meeting happened, and Browne hosed it down saying there was nothing in it, just that Nick is family friends with Silvagni.

Did you even listen to it? The meeting happened, and Browne hosed it down saying there was nothing in it, just that Nick is family friends with Silvagni.
Been that way since Nick was a little boy. Stephen would take him along to football games.

That was how he was brainwashed into following Carlton when he was a youngster. He saw the error of his ways........

That was how he was brainwashed into following Carlton when he was a youngster. He saw the error of his ways........
Of all the guns I’ve ever been afraid of losing, Nick is not one of them. You can see how much he and Josh love playing together, they’re a package deal and even if they thought about leaving (which their Dad won’t allow) no club would be able to orchestrate a trade for them both anyway.

Of all the guns I’ve ever been afraid of losing, Nick is not one of them. You can see how much he and Josh love playing together, they’re a package deal and even if they thought about leaving (which their Dad won’t allow) no club would be able to orchestrate a trade for them both anyway.
I'm not saying they would ever leave, but SOS tried his best when they were kids.

Our added depth to plug holes this season with Mcstay, Bobby Hill and Tom Mitchell will be telling provided all three stay fit and injury free.
My concern is still the full back position FRAMPTON looks lost and i think no good doesn't seem like a smart footballer. What can one expect when he couldn't hold a spot in the Adelaide side then slide to SANFL and still shit.

We should have 2 targets at years end KING FROM GOLD COAST OR RAID THE BULLDOGS TALL STOCKS.ALSO MACKAY FROM NORTH MELBOURNE, injury free he is the man we need for the gorilla forwards.

Our added depth to plug holes this season with Mcstay, Bobby Hill and Tom Mitchell will be telling provided all three stay fit and injury free.
My concern is still the full back position FRAMPTON looks lost and i think no good doesn't seem like a smart footballer. What can one expect when he couldn't hold a spot in the Adelaide side then slide to SANFL and still s**t.

We should have 2 targets at years end KING FROM GOLD COAST OR RAID THE BULLDOGS TALL STOCKS.ALSO MACKAY FROM NORTH MELBOURNE, injury free he is the man we need for the gorilla forwards.

I’m not sure our salary cap would extend to 1 of them let alone both. I think we’ll be targeting FA’s more toward the bargain basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back