List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, Hine is currently rubbing his hands together ready to take the next Draper, Richards, Murley, Harrison, Poulter with that pick
I keep hearing how bad Hine is.
How the heck did we end up with a list challenging for the flag?

I never said that Khamis wasn’t worth recruiting. I’m questioning why you’d seemingly be so thrilled or “stoked” to get him. He’s probably worth a punt. But for every Leigh Brown, Markov, Hogan etc there’s a Tyler Brown etc who get recruited from another clubs depth on “potential” who are out of the system again in 1-2 years.
I’m sorry this it staggers you that people keep trying to have a level head instead of getting excited over what will likely be a low level recruit.

I was excited because I personally rate Khamis. Which I had said initially.

Every time I’ve seen him I’ve liked what I saw.

Not really my fault Bevo doesnt see it.

I keep hearing how bad Hine is.
How the heck did we end up with a list challenging for the flag?

I'll acknowledge that he's pretty good with smaler players like mccreery and ginnivan but he hasn't done much with players over 192cm or thereabouts. Also, I think he spends too much time picking players who are good footballers at junior level but dont have athletic skills like bianco.....i call them safe draft picks....the ones that everyone else leaves because they know that their limited athleticism will limit their impact in the long term. I'm also far happier with Hine under Wright....I didnt like him as the recruiter/list manager in the past. He was preening too much during that period.

Peter McKenna's sperm may have declined.

Peter Yagmoor didn't play enough games.

Peter McCormack?

why can we put a program in place that gets sperm from people like peter daicos and match it with talented female athletes? It would still be father son.

If colleen daicos objected, we could freeze the sperm. In fact, we could freeze several batches anyway.

None of this would be outside the rules....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

…why? I get that Khamis looks like he has a high ceiling, but the fact is he still hasn’t cracked the 22 of a middle of the road side 3 years in.
And Doedee… a double knee reco defender. Sounds like Scharenberg mkII.
I agree on Khamis. We won't play him as a forward - the position where most of the hype is coming from. He'll be in defence and he's still raw there.

I have the same concerns about Doedee. His injury history is not good. Kreuger on the list is bad enough.

I'm not one for Collingwood to just pick up anyone but a lot of the top clubs are in the media as teams looking to build to their lists, my concern is we just dont want to be satisfied in what we have post this year.

i know we are probably doing things behind the scenes, if so great but come on boys time to be the flavor of the month!!

I'm not one for Collingwood to just pick up anyone but a lot of the top clubs are in the media as teams looking to build to their lists, my concern is we just dont want to be satisfied in what we have post this year.

i know we are probably doing things behind the scenes, if so great but come on boys time to be the flavor of the month!!
I agree, although it might be that we're putting things in place for the trade period in 2024, as there are a few questions about our list that need to be answered between now and then such as retirements and player improvement

I like the idea of Baku as a Howe replacement at half the price of Doedee without the injury concerns.
Replaces Ruscoe, Kelly and Wilson playing bigger than his size as a Utility who can play forward or back.
I'd throw our 1st at Gold coast for Hollands, they need points and list spots.
Make a reasonable offer to James Jordan
And see what Hawks would want for Granger-Barrass
I back our development program.
If you back our development program, I can't see why we'd need to look further than Ryan or even Dean to replace Howe when the time comes?

I agree, although it might be that we're putting things in place for the trade period in 2024, as there are a few questions about our list that need to be answered between now and then such as retirements and player improvement
Agreed. There's not much quality available this year .. but a lot seem to be becoming available next year via FA & end of contracts. Which, as you say will align with us having a few retirements.

I don't want to pick up someone just for the sake of it. Much prefer to develop what we have over this pre season and wait for the big catch next year.

Agreed. There's not much quality available this year .. but a lot seem to be becoming available next year via FA & end of contracts. Which, as you say will align with us having a few retirements.

I don't want to pick up someone just for the sake of it. Much prefer to develop what we have over this pre season and wait for the big catch next year.
I think it's as much about any potential retirements as it is about some of our younger players like Macrae, Allan, McInness and others.

It feels as though we'll be treading water for the next year or so, knowing that the list is ageing but hopefully isn't standing on the edge of the cliff just yet. Our playing style and the way in which our coaching and fitness staff have prepared the players might also give us some breathing space, as we seem to have multiple ways of getting from A to B, with some more effective than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back