List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Ralph saying that Nick Daicos now "has to be" the saviour of Collingwood.

Gee I'm going to love seeing him squirm - these fools have NFI - Nick, Kruger, Lipinski, Dib and the possibility of trading the left overs to move up the draft next year is a serious consideration.

22, 36, 41, 43, 46, 48, 58, 79
So:
79 for Lips
58 for Kruegs
Daics Points Required

Daics.PNG
Dib # 48
Which means CFC have to clear 4 spots on the list at this point.......Is my understanding.

I sincerely hope we didn't assume that our pick would be high enough to even threaten a Daicos bid, given that even last year Daicos was touted as a top 5 pick. It presumes that the club knew we would finish near the bottom and traded the pick out anyway.

I hope so too but seeing as it’s how it has played out hopefully we’ve reminded them just how well that deal worked out for them and they should do the righty by us.
Wishful thinking maybe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We had 36, 41, 43 and 48. Together they went close to matching a bid at #3 and would have matched a bid at #4, I believe.

Now we have given up our 2022 second rounder, for pick 22 and some more later 2021 picks.

If a bid for Daicos comes in and we haven’t traded back out of 22, then that is the first pick which disappears. NOT all the later picks we’ve been stockpiling. We would keep those later picks and if we wanted to use them, turn over half our list for players who are not highly rated.

Presumably, we haven’t lost our minds and we will trade 22 out again. After last year, I hope it’s not for magic beans.

A really clever/shrewd deal by whoever did it for you guys, Pies get into the position to snag young Daicos plus the Suns get a lot of benefit out of it next year as there list is very full right now.

22, 36, 41, 43, 46, 48, 58, 79
So:
79 for Lips
58 for Kruegs
Daics Points Required

View attachment 1252635
Dib # 48
Which means CFC have to clear 4 spots on the list at this point.......Is my understanding.

Well Good Chance that Cox/Lynch could be Traded and De-List Sier so that is 3

Terribly sorry for wanting what’s best for our club Dave…

Well I think it's a Good(Not Great) Trade.

Guess we have lot of Experts on here that can do better then People at the Club

These numpties probably don’t even know about Dib as a NGA.

I’ve got a bit of a worry that a top 40 bid will come for him. And the club knows it.
These people appear to know less than me, and they get paid for that!

I hope so too but seeing as it’s how it has played out hopefully we’ve reminded them just how well that deal worked out for them and they should do the righty by us.
Wishful thinking maybe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Very wishful thinking - they acted with perfect legality and utter ruthlessness.

Graham has already shown he won't take any of that sort of SHT, this is a new era of player recruitment/management and clubs are going to have to deal with it.

My prediction is that it will be #22 for Lipinksi and the Dogs’ 2022 3rd. Hopefully it’s actually #22 and a few of the later picks for Lipinksi and the Dogs’ 2022 2nd.

22 should not even be contemplated going on either the Lipinski or Krueger trades. These guys aren't getting games at their current clubs FFS.
They aren't second round players as it stands right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph saying that Nick Daicos now "has to be" the saviour of Collingwood.

Thanks PS! That actually came across like the genesis of this thread over the last five pages, but without the foresight of the flexibility the move offers in 2021.

Assuming pick 22 is used in a way that prevents it being eaten by a bid the concern for me still remains King’s point that there’s a black hole from picks say 10-60 which we’re going to have to either carry this year or next. Unless we trade someone out that sits in that top 10-20 list bracket I can’t see any way around it if we attract both Lipinski and Kreuger…

Another good thing about this pick swap is that we got in before the Dogs. They need to find a lot more points to cover a bid on Darcy. It means that if they want pick 22 they'll have to give good value. As it stands, they only have pick 17 that carries points.

22 should not even be contemplated going on either the Lipinski or Krueger trades. These guys aren't getting games at their current clubs FFS.

I agree and pray to the flying spaghetti monster that you are right.

Umm, if we get the Dogs' future 2nd rounder back, it solves the problem of having the 22 pick swallowed up by a Daicos bid. It values Lipinski at roughly pick 45-50 which is about right

I take the day as we went for the each way bet

Prior to this trade I reckon a lot of us had as our ideal Daicos, retain 2022 1st and 2nd and use 2022 3rd and 4th and possibly trade of Lynch et al to get in Kreuger, Lipinski +/- Dib without going into 2022 points debt. Maybe that was a step too far and GW has seen the expendable part of that is 2022 2nd

Job now is to turn 22 into something more palatable than just Daicos points. I suspect it will end up being a trade on the night once we know where Daics is bid on. Presumably we will have a number of pre arranged options with a club or clubs to be done depending on where the Daicos bid comes in. That would require some work but would give us flexibility to maximise benefit of the points we have left over.

In that senario I doubt we can draft out then back into 2021 in a meaningful way so hopefully getting a 2022 2nd rounder is the option we can achieve.

Well I think it's a Good(Not Great) Trade.

Guess we have lot of Experts on here that can do better then People at the Club

It was a bit unfair to suggest he follows another club, dave. You spend 95% of your posts on here bagging the club, as is your right, and nobody questions your passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back