List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, if we get the Dogs' future 2nd rounder back, it solves the problem of having the 22 pick swallowed up by a Daicos bid. It values Lipinski at roughly pick 45-50 which is about right

The problem then is that the Bulldogs future 2nd is next door to useless when it comes to getting a live pick in this draft post a Daicos bid…

Flexibility we didn’t have before. We were coming from a position of disadvantage and now we are on an even playing field. That’s a win.

Doing something smart with pick 22 is the next challenge. I’d throw that out for lipinski with suitable 2022 picks coming back to us. After that we can offer chook feed for Kreuger or take him in the PSD.

The future picks we traded away aren’t going to revalue any worse next year.
I like the idea of breaking up pick 22 but I wouldn't be giving it to the Dogs because they can't give us back anything from this year to maintain some points. If we give them anything from this year it is at most a combination of late picks. I prefer to break up 22 with a club like Geelong for pick 30 and a future 2nd or Sydney, Richmond for a similar deal. Richmond don't want some of their later picks. We could possibly get Richmonds 40,44 and possibly a future 2nd for pick 22 because they won't even use pick 40 and 44.

Thanks PS! That actually came across like the genesis of this thread over the last five pages, but without the foresight of the flexibility the move offers in 2021.

Assuming pick 22 is used in a way that prevents it being eaten by a bid the concern for me still remains King’s point that there’s a black hole from picks say 10-60 which we’re going to have to either carry this year or next. Unless we trade someone out that sits in that top 10-20 list bracket I can’t see any way around it if we attract both Lipinski and Kreuger…
There was no way to avoid that black hole Sco - perhaps control it's size and damaging effects - it's now a matter of mitigating it's effects.

GW was up front is saying we have a hangover from last years trade debacle, it's not as dramatic but certainly it is operating to force us into more pragmatic actions than we have in the past.

I expect a mix of current, future picks, player retirements/trades/delistings to reshape our list THIS year with a changing of the guard and a new mandate on players and their managers. For too long this aspect of our club has been reactive and we must have a poor reputation amongst those managers as unrealistic/soft targets. Hoping to see a more open and inclusive attitude that allows a degree independence without abrogating duty.

Good Deal I think

I'd now do this for Lipinski
Collingwood get: Lipinksi, 2022 2nd Round-Pick from Bulldogs
Bulldogs get: Pick 22

The Dogs will expect to be challenging again next year so should accept. We do this and we still have 2095 points, which is enough for Daicos unless he goes at pick 1. Then we can move out Sier, Lynch, Cox etc if we need to, to make up the remaining 305 pts just in case.

If the Dogs don't do this trade I can see us potentially splitting pick 22 into two later 2nd round picks for points and giving the Dogs any of our picks in the 40s.

Have you seen that show where a bloke ends up trading a red paper clip for a house? It took 14 trades along the way.

Graham Wright is just getting started. And I don't think he's gonna show us what's on the whiteboard.

(But it probably looks something like this!)

Attachments

• 45148419-9764987-A_bizarre_whiteboard_that_Gen_Mike_Flynn_and_MyPillow_exec_Mike_-a-33_1625672...jpg
    45148419-9764987-A_bizarre_whiteboard_that_Gen_Mike_Flynn_and_MyPillow_exec_Mike_-a-33_1625672...jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 85
Umm, if we get the Dogs' future 2nd rounder back, it solves the problem of having the 22 pick swallowed up by a Daicos bid. It values Lipinski at roughly pick 45-50 which is about right

I'd rather give them a pick in the late 40's or 50's straight up & do something a little more creative with 22. Even if it happens on draft night.

Jon Ralph saying that Nick Daicos now "has to be" the saviour of Collingwood.

OK, we we're way off the mark on our Daicos draft predictions. Collingwood have now secured him. What are we going to talk about now. I know, let's heap shite loads of pressure on the kid. Maybe the pressure will get to him and he wont be BOG in his first game and we can say "told you so".

I'd be interested in people thoughts on Jared Brander and whether he was worth chasing - too good to not be on an AFL list in my view, and may come cheaply. Not sure what the knocks on him are but there is a lot to like about his size and can play forward or back.
trade him for pick 79 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather give them a pick in the late 40's or 50's straight up & do something a little more creative with 22. Even if it happens on draft night.

You got an example of 'something more creative?' Coz right now the fear of that pick 22 being swallowed up into ND is causing some folk conniptions. I'd hate for them to suffer all the way until draft night...

I cant listen to people who dont understand how things work.
The fox footy team analysing that have no idea how the system works.

Montagna says "we have nothing else in this coming draft".
We took 5 players inside 31 last year-------we loaded up last year in anticipation for that this year.
We took more picks than the other "rebuilding" sides in North, Hawthorn and Adelaide.

They just dont get it.

Downgrading our future second from a likely early 20’s pick to a likely late 30’s pick for another clubs depth player is not good business.

You got an example of 'something more creative?' Coz right now the fear of that pick 22 being swallowed up into ND is causing some folk conniptions. I'd hate for them to suffer all the way until draft night...
Not to worry those sufferers will find something else to be drama queens about - it's the nature of the beast.

I cant listen to people who dont understand how things work.
The fox footy team analysing that have no idea how the system works.

Montagna says "we have nothing else in this coming draft".
We took 5 players inside 31 last year-------we loaded up last year in anticipation for that this year.
We took more picks than the other "rebuilding" sides in North, Hawthorn and Adelaide.

They just dont get it.
How can we replace those future 2 picks we traded away? Well maybe by getting in 2 extra picks last year. It's so simple lol?

But that's the best part. :) No idea. I'll leave it to Wrighty. But we have a truck load of picks in this draft & there are a hell of a lot of possible scenarios that may play out. This is just part one I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back