List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amartey is another from the Swans that has shown a bit and is behind those guys.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Make it happen. Amartey is a good player. Shown a lot of promise. With Buddy likely to sign on and Logan McDonald in the 2s, he's very gettable.

If Lobb stays at Freo, Josh Treacy worth a look as well

Call me crazy but I’d rather keep Magden than WHE. I think magden will still improve and puts his body on the line for the team, WHE is just a down hill skier who does something flashy once every 3 weeks then spuds it up most weeks.
I don't think we'd keep both Murphy and Madge. So I think it'd depend on how the rest of the year plays out for those two.

Make it happen. Amartey is a good player. Shown a lot of promise. With Buddy likely to sign on and Logan McDonald in the 2s, he's very gettable.

If Lobb stays at Freo, Josh Treacy worth a look as well

I like Treacy’s aggression. Not sure on whether there is reasonable output to go with that.

Only 19 yo but. Aggressive, built like a brick shithouse, good set of hands, a lot to work with.

He was one I was hoping we’d take in the rookie draft when he went undrafted but Freo swooped before we could pick him.

Possibly a good thing in the end…. We ended up with a kid called Ginnivan with our first pick!

He was one I was hoping we’d take in the rookie draft when he went undrafted but Freo swooped before we could pick him.

Possibly a good thing in the end…. We ended up with a kid called Ginnivan with our first pick!

I liked Treacy in his draft year and hoped he could be trained into a Ned Kelly type fullback.

I wouldn't trade for Amartey or Treacy though. Good players that can play a role when surrounded by better players.

Cerra had played 76 games in 4 years at Freo and was well and truly established as best 22. Literally the only similarity between him and Logue is they were picked in the top 10.

It’s a pointless circular discussion but Logue seems to get picked whenever he’s fit and available. He’s played 8 WAFL games 2018 to 2022 seasons inclusive afaik. All of which says he’s highly rated. I certainly rate him on the limited viewing of Freo games I get. Feel free to downplay that as much as you like. I’ll leave it there.

Call me crazy but I’d rather keep Magden than WHE. I think magden will still improve and puts his body on the line for the team, WHE is just a down hill skier who does something flashy once every 3 weeks then spuds it up most weeks.
You're crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can we get for Henry and Macrae?
We should keep them. Their brothers took time, these two will as well. Personally, I'd just play them for the rest of the year, new coach, new players, you nee to experiment short term to find out what will work long term. We're not in contention this year, may as well plan to be in the next few.

I think it’s a lose-lose for both Collingwood and Hoskin-Elliott to stay together beyond 2022. I think it’s foolish for us to reconstruct a 10-15 touch winger who will be 29 years old with no improvement left when we’re supposed to be rebuilding, and this will be Hoskin-Elliott‘s last chance to find himself a gig at a finals team where he can have a crack at a premiership. I think he’d be silly to tie himself to a side which (most likely) won’t give him the chance to go deep in finals again

I hope we can trade him for another third rounder or thereabouts

We should keep them. Their brothers took time, these two will as well. Personally, I'd just play them for the rest of the year, new coach, new players, you nee to experiment short term to find out what will work long term. We're not in contention this year, may as well plan to be in the next few.

and lot of 2020 Draft Picks have not come on very Quickly

They were both very poor last week

It’s a pointless circular discussion but Logue seems to get picked whenever he’s fit and available. He’s played 8 WAFL games 2018 to 2022 seasons inclusive afaik. All of which says he’s highly rated. I certainly rate him on the limited viewing of Freo games I get. Feel free to downplay that as much as you like. I’ll leave it there.
So did WHE for the most part before he was traded, which is why he’s a very good comparison. Early pick, injury prone, and fringe 22 as a result, despite their talent.

I’m sorry that you can’t see that and have to resort to snarkiness to try and end the debate.

Hoping they, along with Reef, play every game after the bye.

I think it’s a lose-lose for both Collingwood and Hoskin-Elliott to stay together beyond 2022. I think it’s foolish for us to reconstruct a 10-15 touch winger who will be 29 years old with no improvement left when we’re supposed to be rebuilding, and this will be Hoskin-Elliott‘s last chance to find himself a gig at a finals team where he can have a crack at a premiership. I think he’d be silly to tie himself to a side which (most likely) won’t give him the chance to go deep in finals again

I hope we can trade him for another third rounder or thereabouts
Off to the Cats he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back