List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin isn't leaving Richmond. I would be very surprised if Martin is in another club’s jumper next year. I would think he would retire before playing for another club....
Not really sure you’ve been paying attention for the past 6-8 months then. High chance Martin goes to Sydney next year.

Not really sure you’ve been paying attention for the past 6-8 months then. High chance Martin goes to Sydney next year.

I have been paying attention, and imo he won’t leave Richmond, and if he did want to live in Sydney, where he has family, does he need to be playing footy? He may want to do something completely different with his life, that's why l think he would rather retire then play for another club...

I have been paying attention, and imo he won’t leave Richmond, and if he did want to live in Sydney, where he has family, does he need to be playing footy? He may want to do something completely different with his life, that's why l think he would rather retire then play for another club...
Non of the noise around him indicates that. He’s already seriously considered leaving Richmond twice. I don’t think he has the loyalty to the club you believe he does.

If I was Mihocek, I would be pissed at the club at the McStay offer of $600k per year for 5 years. That deal should frankly be going to Mihocek as he is a far superior player to McStay and did the club a favor by staying on the rookie list for 3 years and getting paid unders while our salary cap situation was a mess.

McStay isn't good enough to elevate the team to being a contender. If we have money to spend, I would rather bank the savings for a better player in next year's free agency market.
We have zero idea what is, or is not, being offered.

So guessing

McStay as free agent
Taranto + Hill fir our 2022 1st
Logue…not sure how this gets done (2023 1st? Or it doesn’t get done

I was hoping we’d somehow be getting into / higher in the draft but the above isn’t a bad haul
We wont give away our 1st this year

But if de goey goes, we give GWS our compo pick instead.

We won’t get a compo pick for JDG if we get McStay via FA. Or at least the compo won’t be anywhere near enough to satisfy GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we might use our first
I think we’ll be looking for ways to get back in higher than our original pick using a range of 2022/23 picks

If JDG leaves were not getting much compo w McStay coming in
If he leaves, I assume we’ll match and force a trade
Edit: in this scenario, the pick/s we receive JDG will be better than our first so I think we’ll trade it

You can trade lower picks for McStay - Brisbane need picks for father/son points.

Get a first round compo for De Goey for a trade and still have 2022 first.

Judging by the way Wrighty moved around picks last year as a chess master, I back him in to get done what needs to happen. Seems to have good relationships with other clubs. He also moves quickly and early based on last year’s machinations.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What would it cost to get Taranto and Hill to come over?

And if we do land McStay, Taranto and Hill who’s spots in the 22 are they takings.
Rather we chase Taranto & Hill and forget about McStay. I don’t see how we could afford all three and re-sign JDG.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back