List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomlinson is a good player. Left the Giants as a free agent, big move to the Dees, then did his ACL and fell behind May and Lever, who are top defenders. I think he'll be a great pick-up for us, he really fills a need.

Yeah i think Tomlinson would be a shrewd pickup. A very capable AFL level defender and absolutely fills a need.

How many DFA’s can we sign? Does the extra 3 delistings open up more spots?

I assumed we’d sign just Membrey and Tomlinson. Interesting if we are going after someone like Carroll.
Guys we're looking at for VFL would also get medicals, I'd assume.

We'd be a pretty attractive destination for a delisted guy hoping to get a second chance next year. We're clearly open to adding guys from our VFL team - last year we added Eyre and Long from VFL and it's likely that next year we'll be shopping for some mature depth.

I’d trust Carroll doing a medical with Pies if he was from Vic, it would make sense. But he is from WA and there has been talk of West Coast being interested. He could easily just go home.

I’d trust Carroll doing a medical with Pies if he was from Vic, it would make sense. But he is from WA and there has been talk of West Coast being interested. He could easily just go home.
4 years in Melbourne - his whole adult life really - if he's made some good connections, it'd be easier to stay put.

If you think Sam Weideman has plenty of talent then I’d say you don’t have particularly good judgement.

Oh, and he didn’t lose his key forward spot to Fritsch, the 188cm medium/small forward. He just wasn’t good enough to warrant a spot in a forward line that was screaming out for a key forward. That should be enough to indicate his level of talent.

Indeed. It’s the same situation with Weideman in Melbourne’s forward line as it is with DGB in Hawthorn’s defence. Every opportunity if they were good enough, and the team moved on.

If you think Sam Weideman has plenty of talent then I’d say you don’t have particularly good judgement.

Oh, and he didn’t lose his key forward spot to Fritsch, the 188cm medium/small forward. He just wasn’t good enough to warrant a spot in a forward line that was screaming out for a key forward. That should be enough to indicate his level of talent.
Seen him twice live kick 5 without trying (long story)
He's 10 times the player frampton or membrey is.
He's an even better fit to the structure than I dare say Houston who somehow fell into our lap due to ports incompetence and noble leaving due to being ****ed over at selection 23

He's an even better fit to the structure than I dare say Houston who somehow fell into our lap due to ports incompetence and noble leaving due to being ****ed over at selection 23
There's your problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well according to a Blues fan, Carroll has removed Carlton from his Instagram bio. Definitely gone. GWS and Collingwood with interest is the rumour.

“If he goes to Collingwood🤬” they are not happy 🤣
He might end up back in the west but I can certainly understand why we might be interested. He'd be very handy depth

He’s only ever kicked a bag of 5 once in his entire career in the AFL so you’re either lying or you’re talking about VFL in which case, who cares?

I could almost understand you saying he’s better than Frampton, but Membrey?
You’re saying that 76 games for 77 goals Sam Weideman is 10 times the player than 179 games for 293 goals Tim Membrey is?
You’re saying Sam “never kicked more than 19 goals in a year” Weideman is 10 times the player than 3x St Kilda leading goal kicker Tim Membrey is?

Membrey kicked over 50% more goals this year in an outfit that struggled to hit the scoreboard than Sam Weideman did in his career best year.

Don’t even get me started on your claim he’s a better list fit than Houston. What. The. Actual. ****.

Are you his mum or something? Sorry Mrs Weideman, your son is crap, which is a shame given how good his grandpa was.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back