List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I realize.

Only querying the “nearly all” claims. I look at our list and I’d guess that about 1/2 weren’t either on those longer term deals, or don’t have the leverage to demand the 2-3% increase aligned to TPP. They just accept the deal offered. I’d have thought that a couple of veterans wouldn’t be getting it either given Sidey renegotiated recently to spread his payments over additional years. Wasn’t the only one either if I remember correctly.

In the scheme of things, a player on (say) $400k, you’re only talking $8-12k to cover the 2-3% TPP has generally risen by. But the club would be reticent to just give every player that, especially with so many younger players on the list who’ll all need to be re-contracted on likely more.

It’s not about capturing the “intra” CBA rises, they are known. It’s when the contract period crosses over into the next CBA.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was Mihocek, I would be pissed at the club at the McStay offer of $600k per year for 5 years. That deal should frankly be going to Mihocek as he is a far superior player to McStay and did the club a favor by staying on the rookie list for 3 years and getting paid unders while our salary cap situation was a mess.

McStay isn't good enough to elevate the team to being a contender. If we have money to spend, I would rather bank the savings for a better player in next year's free agency market.

What was Checkers getting paid while he was on the rookie list? What’s he on now?

It’s not about capturing the “intra” CBA rises, they are known. It’s when the contract period crosses over into the next CBA.

It is, but I’m yet to read anywhere that the “intra” CBA rises are excluded or not captured from those types of deals. Happy for you to link to where that’s been reported.

It’s called logic. I don’t have links but I know what I have been told by people who know.

Logic? You think it’s logical that a player would forgo 2-3% per year intra CBA over its 5 year duration (current CBA from memory 2017-2022) while worrying about the % increase CBA to CBA? I understand the priority of that last CBA signing given the suggested 15-20% jump in TPP year 1 but I doubt we’ll see anywhere near that sort of increase again anytime soon.

Logic? You think it’s logical that a player would forgo 2-3% per year intra CBA over its 5 year duration (current CBA from memory 2017-2022) while worrying about the % increase CBA to CBA? I understand the priority of that last CBA signing given the suggested 15-20% jump in TPP year 1 but I doubt we’ll see anywhere near that sort of increase again anytime soon.

The logic is that it’s relatively easy to negotiate/document/capture the intra cba rises in contracts. Not for a moment am I suggesting they aren’t in most contracts (wasn’t that the bit you were questioning?). The more “important” issue is the next cba rise. That is what the bigger/longer contracts will capture.

If I was Mihocek, I would be pissed at the club at the McStay offer of $600k per year for 5 years. That deal should frankly be going to Mihocek as he is a far superior player to McStay and did the club a favor by staying on the rookie list for 3 years and getting paid unders while our salary cap situation was a mess.

McStay isn't good enough to elevate the team to being a contender. If we have money to spend, I would rather bank the savings for a better player in next year's free agency market.
Jack Riewoldt took a pay cut to fit Lynch in.
Sometimes the big picture trumps individual financial rewards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would it cost to get Taranto and Hill to come over?

And if we do land McStay, Taranto and Hill who’s spots in the 22 are they taking?
You never stop adding quality to your team if you can get it. Don't forget, Pendles and Sidey are going to need replacing over the next couple of years. I would take Hill over Taranto any day. Hill was a gun junior and is obviously struggling with life in WS, as well as having injuries and he would come cheap. Taranto is already slow and will get slower IMO, plus would be way over priced.

So we're currently linked in the media to McStay, Logue, Taranto, Hill. Am I missing anyone?
So guessing

McStay as free agent
Taranto + Hill fir our 2022 1st
Logue…not sure how this gets done (2023 1st? Or it doesn’t get done

I was hoping we’d somehow be getting into / higher in the draft but the above isn’t a bad haul

It just means we are pro active this year as compared to the previous From the above mentioned players , would love to get Taranto Ice Cream to Collingwood, absolute bull of a player , would fit in perfectly with his skill set and age profile, get it done Pies. make Taranto priority one target at seasons end .

So guessing

McStay as free agent

I was hoping we’d somehow be getting into / higher in the draft but the above isn’t a bad haul
We ain't taking Taranto, he is way over priced for us. Hill would command a late second rounder and Logue, our future first

It just means we are pro active this year as compared to the previous 5 years

It was a sincere question. I wanted to know if we've been linked to anyone else in the media.

So guessing

McStay as free agent

It would be tough to do it all. I doubt we could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back