List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gave TradeDraft a laugh but the article makes a lot of sense. McStay is not a required player, nor is he worth the money or length of contact reported to be offered to him. We would most likely be repeating the Chris Mayne error, overpaying someone we don't really need or have a spot for, and should be concentrating our drafting efforts elsewhere. It beggars belief that we can perform so well on field but, even with Wright at the helm, continue to recruit very ordinary players on rather high salaries. Picking up a 28 year old who has no more ceiling on a 5 year contract is ridiculous.
He might look better in a top 4 side though

It not because we have supposedly cooled on him but take Taranto as Meh for me considering the cost

Grundy is the key in us getting 3-4 genuine recruits

Need to be pushed out

Henry, I want to keep but if it will give us something good in return then not not fussed either way.

We just need to be aggressive this trade period to set us up for a longer period

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie Constable is 23 and Fiorini is 25. Constable couldn't get a game at the Cats at age 22 because their midfield runs deep and they were mainly playing the older players. Clarke also couldn't get a game at the Cats and he's doing really well at Freo. Not sure why Constable hasnt had much game time at the Suns. Injury perhaps or was it attitude? Either way, the Suns have an extended list and probably only saw Constable as back up. Not sure its a fail at Geelong, and dont know what happened with the Suns. With regards to Fiorini, i haven't seen him play so cant make a judgement on him. My guess is Fiorini wont be as cheap as Constable, as Fiorini is contracted until end of 2023.
1661501278752.jpeg

I don't know why Hill requires energy given he was fine coming to us last year until we pulled out and he's basically been a done deal to us all year. Like we're expending energy on a player that doesn't need anymore convincing to come to us. FMD.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn't Hill say no to us multiple times and only wanted to go to Essendon?

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong into Bailey Scott too apparently. Fair dinkum they'll have a list of 83 players next year

You gave TradeDraft a laugh but the article makes a lot of sense. McStay is not a required player, nor is he worth the money or length of contact reported to be offered to him. We would most likely be repeating the Chris Mayne error, overpaying someone we don't really need or have a spot for, and should be concentrating our drafting efforts elsewhere. It beggars belief that we can perform so well on field but, even with Wright at the helm, continue to recruit very ordinary players on rather high salaries. Picking up a 28 year old who has no more ceiling on a 5 year contract is ridiculous.
Which makes me wonder that with someone like Wright at the helm and Fly as coach (yes, I know Fly doesn’t draft), then surely there has to be some Rhyme or reason for a move like this.

Surely the powers that be know our deficiencies and not hamstring us with over priced contacts again too in the process.

Didn't Hill say no to us multiple times and only wanted to go to Essendon?

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Your recollection is not correct, Hill's situation was played out in the Stan documentary Show me the money. He chose Collingwood but the club spoke to his agents and said said they didn't have the picks to get a deal done. Essendon then moved in but GWS refused to move him and he stayed at GWS.

Can someone please explain to me why we would have any interest in Tom Mitchell? A plodder who kicks helicopters, hardly ever looks where he’s kicking. I would be ropable with list management if they went down this path.

it seems we can’t afford Taranto, so we should be looking for another young mid in the 22-23 year old bracket, I hope this is what they are doing. Apparently Tanner Bruhn is a lock for the cats according to the media.
Just because some idiot said we're interested in Tom Mitchell doesn't mean we are. The Hawks have been trying to fob him off with no takers.

Worst case scenario and players leave (Grundy / Ollie - don't think he willl but spitballing)
Hope we grab picks that net us Humphries and Hollands
Use other picks + our own first to move up and grab best KPF available

Why would we want, or even have room in our 22 for Hill?

I feel like McCreery and Ginnivan can provide what we need from small forwards, particulary with Elliott in the front 6 as well.

Surely a KPF is more a list need at the moment.

Don't want Taranto either - we've already got a topnotch ball-winner who's substandard using it in Adams.

We need a mid with polished delivery IMO. Taranto is not the droid we're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back