List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele is our new tagger. And he's good at it, whilst also playing well himself.

And besides, he's been very open about the possiblity of not playing every game with younger guys coming through.
Fly is also pretty happy to move magnets around. I imagine Sidebottom, alongside Lipinski, WHE, Perryman, Pendlebury, Crisp, McCreery and De Goey will all spend time in different spots around the ground.

Fly is also pretty happy to move magnets around. I imagine Sidebottom, alongside Lipinski, WHE, Perryman, Pendlebury, Crisp, McCreery and De Goey will all spend time in different spots around the ground.

I honestly hope Fly does what I was hoping he’d do in 2024 and give the older blokes some VFL time to both manage them through as well as help guide the kids coming through

I get that injuries probably didn’t allow it to happen in 2024 but hopefully we have a better run at it next year

Perryman comes in for Sidebottom.

Sidey had a great last 6 weeks, let's not forget he was awful before then.

Sidey should be depth.
I rkn Sidey will make a great professional sub. Versatile and someone who can make a lot of impact in a short amount of time.

Also saves consistently playing young players as sub that absolutely kills their development.

They had a chance to open a premiership window, but instead chose to reduce the likelihood of opening a spoon window in 7 years time.

They’ve opened up their messiah window and simultaneously wedged open their mediocrity roller door.

He just came 5th in the Copeland. Bit more than depth. "Awful" is clearly wrong.

He had yet another strong year and can play several positions. Sidebottom is still best 23

Does he finish 5th if we don't have the injuries?

Most of our team missed big chunks, Sidey credit to him played 22 games.

You’re missing my point. I’m comparing role players that have averaged no more than 2.5 games a year to fill a role player issue. These guys coming in aren’t top 25 players on your list.
To compare Gawn and Moore who are needle movers in your club and both average more than 15 games a year through 8 plus year career Including your said injury they have. Is simply stupid and missing the point.

We are talking who fills the role better and more reliable for list spots in the 40’s.
I don’t think any of these players in consideration are viewed as top 30 players in your club, they are in case of emergency via injury play them. You can’t do that if they are bloody injured all the time.

All of them are insurance players only.
Personally I’d choose Kreuger over Hayes. Better the devil you know.

And I’d only bring in one insurance player, be that Tomlinson or Membrey, but Membrey is my preference. Hopefully keeping Kreugs as well with some rookie list shuffling while Smit and Steene get another year in the legs.

The other thing that surprisingly I've seen a few in the media mention is...what if all these players become guns?

How are they gonna keep them all? How are they going to manage their cap?

I'm shocked they haven't used some of those picks to steal a couple of gun experienced players to help the transition
I’d be looking to raid Richmond in 2-3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 4 to Oct 11: Free agency window
Oct 7 to Oct 16: Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

Thanks Jen. When does pre-season training start?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I believe they are forwards. They'll be U15 next year

It would be incredibly fortunate to get the Rocca boys as “protected” father-son picks in a few years’ time when the rest of the draft will be completely monopolised by Tassie’s priority picks.

Here’s hoping the Rocca lads really do kick on and become as good as their fathers!

A lot of very unsourced contract rumours coming out, but today IS the day that the players are supposedly finding out their fates for 2024, so the information hitting the aether is plausible... Who's got the real sources?

It would be incredibly fortunate to get the Rocca boys as “protected” father-son picks in a few years’ time when the rest of the draft will be completely monopolised by Tassie’s priority picks.

Here’s hoping the Rocca lads really do kick on and become as good as their fathers!

Hopefully North are onto their second rebuild by then and still a basketcase so Sav's kid chooses us

I rkn Sidey will make a great professional sub. Versatile and someone who can make a lot of impact in a short amount of time.

Also saves consistently playing young players as sub that absolutely kills their development.

I like it. It worked well for Hawthorn this year using Bruest as a super-sub.

Now that the dust has settled, just a couple of thoughts. Up until a few weeks ago, we are the only team to have flagged recently with a generational player 20 years of age. Neither Melbourne, Geelong, or Richmond have one, which is why everyone bailed ship from the Tigers. If they had another Dusty, both Dimma and the players would have stuck fat.

Our nemesis will be Brisbane, the two Ashcroft boys are coming through after they flagged, much like us with Nick. They are both elite, and I expect they are going to be out biggest threat over the coming years.

Fly is smart, he knows we have Nick and other clubs don't, and will be chips in every year. Next year we will land someone big, to continue to replace the retirees. Obviously key Back, key forward and ruck are going to be holes needing to be filled down the track, our game style allows us to not rely heavily on key positions players.

I think we add Tomlinson before anyone else, as back up, Hayes also would be worth a punt, but I think Curtis Taylor gets onto a list somewhere, he is at least serviceable, would consider him too. I can't see Bytel staying on, or Long/Sullivan, one of them may be delisted as well.

Now that the dust has settled, just a couple of thoughts. Up until a few weeks ago, we are the only team to have flagged recently with a generational player 20 years of age. Neither Melbourne, Geelong, or Richmond have one, which is why everyone bailed ship from the Tigers. If they had another Dusty, both Dimma and the players would have stuck fat.

Our nemesis will be Brisbane, the two Ashcroft boys are coming through after they flagged, much like us with Nick. They are both elite, and I expect they are going to be out biggest threat over the coming years.

Fly is smart, he knows we have Nick and other clubs don't, and will be chips in every year. Next year we will land someone big, to continue to replace the retirees. Obviously key Back, key forward and ruck are going to be holes needing to be filled down the track, our game style allows us to not rely heavily on key positions players.

I think we add Tomlinson before anyone else, as back up, Hayes also would be worth a punt, but I think Curtis Taylor gets onto a list somewhere, he is at least serviceable, would consider him too. I can't see Bytel staying on, or Long/Sullivan, one of them may be delisted as well.
Thankfully, in terms of our nemesis being Brisbane, they have lost their most important front half player. I think that will be even more impactful than our losing Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back