List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just did an age profile check on our list
Age 30 or over 8 players
(we may add Membrey and Tomlinson)
Age 25-29 range 12 players
(including Houston & Perryman)
Age 25 and under 17 players before draft.
(may add another 3 18 year Olds)

Not as bad as the nuffiies in the media keep making out about our age profile & how we should be be hitting the draft.

I like it.

Disagree though. I mean, we’re making a bet. And I have us as contending next year for sure, but among a number of contenders. A good team next year? 75%. Then I have us plateauing. A good team following 2 years? 50%. Beyond that it’s speculative..

The drop off in 2026 due to premiership hangover maybe? ;)

No guarantees, however, a core of Daicous brothers, Moore, Degoey and now Houston is a very classy top 5 to build around for some time. Then add AA potential in IQ and Maynard, it is not looking to shabby. Post 2026 depends on the longevity of this core. I also think McStay and Crisp and Possibly WHE will be around for a while.

I think getting a top line tall defender over the next few years will be our biggest need to transition post Moore, however, hopefully that is well after 2027.

Age 30 or over 8 players

Not as bad as the nuffiies in the media keep making out about our age profile & how we should be be hitting the draft.
Firstly, I think this is an older skewed age profile compared to average. We are either the oldest or second oldest team in the league.

But I think the real issues the media keep pointing out is that the lack of quality / experience from our young and mid tiers, and that most of our best 22 is still very old (e.g. not a lot of genuine young talent coming through)

Firstly, I think this is an older skewed age profile compared to average. We are either the oldest or second oldest team in the league.

But I think the real issues the media keep pointing out is that the lack of quality / experience from our young and mid tiers, and that most of our best 22 is still very old (e.g. not a lot of genuine young talent coming through)
The young/er players we are missing are the pillars, rucks and KPs - the rest is pretty good.

Age 30 or over 8 players

You got to dig a little deeper and look at the quality of players under 25.
Green is players above average for their age, yellow is where they should be and red is for poor players

Quaynor (24) - Was really poor in 2024, okay role player overall

Hill (24) - Good small forward, brilliant some weeks, quiet other ones.

Mcreery (23) Decent role player
Dean (23) Might make it as an okay tall defender

Macrae (22) Really poor player
Parker (22) Might be a decent player, physically a bit of a worry.
Mcinnes (21) almost got delisted

Daicos - Superstar

Long - Poor player
Steene - Too early to say
Harrison - Gonna struggle to make it with a 12 month ACL

Allan - Shows promise

Ryan - Been mediocre at VFL level
Jiath/Smit/Demattia - Too early to comment.

If you were to compare that to most other teams in the AFL, we're a long way behind. Nick Daicos is the only one stopping us from coming virtually dead last in talent under 25.

Hopefully we can do the Geelong method and keep adding stars every year to keep us in contention, if not then there's a massive rebound coming.

I like it.

Disagree though. I mean, we’re making a bet. And I have us as contending next year for sure, but among a number of contenders. A good team next year? 75%. Then I have us plateauing. A good team following 2 years? 50%. Beyond that it’s speculative.
Yep. And realistically where would you see those percentages if we just went the draft, without Schultz, Perryman and Houston, but an extra first round pick and 3 second round picks in this draft?

For me: 50, 25, 10, beyond that speculative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byre. Bytel. Kreuger delisted

Disappointed for all 3, but l guess if you were listing who was in trouble in terms of remaining on the list, these 3 players would be on there.
Krug's is a little unlucky, but 13 games in 3 years, didn't really cut the mustard, let alone the big mans inability to stay injury free in a season. Definitely has the ability, but just can't be relied on to get through a season....Thanks Freddie...
Bytel got to play a few games, and l think that was great for him to know he could get back and play senior footy. Unfortunately with Perryman and Houston coming in and maybe both Membrey and Tomlinson, we need to start clearing the decks, and Bytel was an obvious choice to make way, being more of a depth player....Thanks Jack
Eyre we just never saw much. He has the potential but his body isn't going to let him ever achieve that...Thanks Josh

Wish all 3 boys the best going forward...🤍🖤🤍🖤👏👏👏

How wouldn't he know Perryman?
Considering he has been in the AFL system since 2017, and played 129 games.
Surely Lyon Chop is either being ignorant or just a smart arse....
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Age 30 or over 8 players

That middle group has improved the balance a lot over the past 2 off-seasons.

lol... to notice that, did you both zoom in and have a good gander?

just wondering and nothing wrong if you did
I plead the fifth.

Pendles by himself skews the average age, let alone Sidey.

You got to dig a little deeper and look at the quality of players under 25.
Green is players above average for their age, yellow is where they should be and red is for poor players

Quaynor (24) - Was really poor in 2024, okay role player overall

Hill (24) - Good small forward, brilliant some weeks, quiet other ones.

Mcreery (23) Decent role player
Dean (23) Might make it as an okay tall defender

Macrae (22) Really poor player
Parker (22) Might be a decent player, physically a bit of a worry.
Mcinnes (21) almost got delisted

Daicos - Superstar

Long - Poor player
Steene - Too early to say
Harrison - Gonna struggle to make it with a 12 month ACL

Allan - Shows promise

Ryan - Been mediocre at VFL level
Jiath/Smit/Demattia - Too early to comment.

If you were to compare that to most other teams in the AFL, we're a long way behind. Nick Daicos is the only one stopping us from coming virtually dead last in talent under 25.

Hopefully we can do the Geelong method and keep adding stars every year to keep us in contention, if not then there's a massive rebound coming.
My list was just an overview on age breakdown and when you dig deeper yes there is a bit of the unknown with a number of our youngsters.
But I'm quite excited with the youth we have led by our little master.
I see real upside in Allan, Harrison, Parker, Jiath, Demattia, Smit, Steene , Dean and still hold high hopes for McInnes.
Hope we can nail our selections in this year's draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back