List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

My view of it, is that our primary inside mid depth will be in the team already.with Crisp, Nick, JDG, Titch, Perryman, Pendles, Sidey, if we get a mid injury, one of them who has been playing on a flank switches to mid - leaving a flank open for the depth guy to play in.

I'd prefer to have the nqr guy out on a wing than in the centre square.

So I'd only keep that many depth mids if I thought they were a good chance of being senior players and tbh, I don't.
I think it would have just come down to seeing Sullivan and Long as superior players and better able to produce decent performances at AFL level. I'd agree with that. Sullivan especially gave pretty good service for a while. Long is a big body and great tackler.

I'd maybe agree that centre square is a more important position than the flanks, but this is changing. Strong runners on the flanks are critical to how we play. There are also different centre square roles. I think Long and Sullivan are more capable at certain roles (Long defensive, Sullivan extractor) than Bytel is in his.

I think it would have just come down to seeing Sullivan and Long as superior players and better able to produce decent performances at AFL level. I'd agree with that. Sullivan especially gave pretty good service for a while. Long is a big body and great tackler.

I'd maybe agree that centre square is a more important position than the flanks, but this is changing. Strong runners on the flanks are critical to how we play. There are also different centre square roles. I think Long and Sullivan are more capable at certain roles (Long defensive, Sullivan extractor) than Bytel is in his.
I would have still let at least one of them go to get a runner as I think that's where our depth shortage is. But they may be bullish enough on Markov getting his shit together again and Parker, Jiath, HDM being ready to not be concerned.

Gary Lyon on sen this morning said he didn’t know who perryman and peatling were before this trade period, is not the kinda gotcha moment he thinks it is. For a self proclaimed footy expert to not know players that are being chased by multiple clubs undermines whatever credibility he may have had.

A bit forgetful is Gary - forgot his best mate had a missus too.

Liverpool FC keep me sane during this time.
A lot of my son's friends at school are soccer mad, so he decided he should follow a team.
The only advice I gave him was not MC or MU, not Arsenal or Chelsea.
I also said his grandfather followed Newcastle United (which was how he came to choose Collingwood when he emigrated), that we followed Leeds when we lived in England for a couple of years, and that the Spurs coach is an Aussie.
He chose Liverpool, and, of course, that means he now hates Everton.
His current favourite player is Mo Salah.

Membrey has shown he can be relied on to kick 30-40 goals a year. For a side that doesn't rely on offensive prowess to win games, those goals are worth their weight in gold. Which combined with tbe fact that we never really had checkers and mcstay play a stretch of games together, ultimately makes me feel we will lean more towards membrey than tomlinson.

Although I wonder, can we open another senior list spot by dropping AJ to the rookie list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of my son's friends at school are soccer mad, so he decided he should follow a team.
The only advice I gave him was not MC or MU, not Arsenal or Chelsea.
I also said his grandfather followed Newcastle United (which was how he came to choose Collingwood when he emigrated), that we followed Leeds when we lived in England for a couple of years, and that the Spurs coach is an Aussie.
He chose Liverpool, and, of course, that means he now hates Everton.
His current favourite player is Mo Salah.
Great advice brother 👍

Membrey has shown he can be relied on to kick 30-40 goals a year. For a side that doesn't rely on offensive prowess to win games, those goals are worth their weight in gold. Which combined with tbe fact that we never really had checkers and mcstay play a stretch of games together, ultimately makes me feel we will lean more towards membrey than tomlinson.

Although I wonder, can we open another senior list spot by dropping AJ to the rookie list?
Fly did mention he would like a player who scores goals

We have no tall forward depth, no way all of Cox, McStay and Checkers stay on the park every game , unfortunately at least one will get an injury.
reckon Steene/Smit might be expected to step in and provide similar'ish cover (ruck/forward) to what a Kreuger provided last year

also get a sense Smit might surprise in 2025

but yeah, wafer thin re tall cover forward & back

Do we have room for both with Eyre, Kreuger and Bytel delisted? I think we need both.

His skills remind me of my eight year old nephew.
I got the impression watching him that he was deferring to other players, rather than going in hard for the ball.
He needs to be told to just go for it.
He's a big boy, but to me, he still looks a bit unformed - needs a big preseason in the gym.

If we plan on carrying 6 on the rookie list we need to open up 2 more
Or we can carry 4 rookie and 38 on the primary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back