List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to suggest Balta as a free agent option, then saw he re-signed for 7 years last week. Earlier had been wondering if Tigers would trade him seeing as they're rebuilding, surprised that he's atill just under 25. Unfortunately they see him as a part of their future.

I'm not sure of the school level of the peeps around here...if he is a restricted free agent, North can just match. And North would have the most free cap space in the comp. It would take a miracle to pry him out without offering North something like two early round firsts. Something we don't have.

Give it up, LDU won't be at the Pies.

I doubt he's a target for us.

But no one has kept anyone who has nominated yet.

How does it work?

You match the pick. Does the player have to sign the contract with you? Or is it now an uncontacted player requesting a trade situation?

If it's the latter, he's 2 years away from unrestricted free agency. Not a strong trading position.

Yep. Having already won a flag and having Nick at 21, us making a move similar to Carlton and hitting the draft this year would have made more sense than it does for them. The opening up of a great trade option, took this off the table.

Only justification I can see for Carlton is their cap is bursting or they knew Houston preferred Pies. A club with such a long flag drought needs to be pushing hard now that they finally have a half way decent list.
Cap is bursting. Thats why they let their best small fwd go and the best clubman also go. They know TDK will command huge money to stay on.
So much for their talks earlier in the year that they will all take less to stay together.....

Yep. Having already won a flag and having Nick at 21, us making a move similar to Carlton and hitting the draft this year would have made more sense than it does for them. The opening up of a great trade option, took this off the table.

Only justification I can see for Carlton is their cap is bursting or they knew Houston preferred Pies. A club with such a long flag drought needs to be pushing hard now that they finally have a half way decent list.

Their cap is pretty tight.

They thought that they could certainly get Houston.

They told Young, Owies and Kennedy to look for new homes in the hope of getting draft capital and freeing up space in the cap.

That backfired on them and they played it off by going the draft route.

Signing Houston and keeping all those players would mean that they can’t afford to retain TDK after next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How does it work?

You match the pick. Does the player have to sign the contract with you? Or is it now an uncontacted player requesting a trade situation?

If it's the latter, he's 2 years away from unrestricted free agency. Not a strong trading position.
If north match an LDU offer they have to trade him to the team he signed with or he can opt for the draft

How does it work?

If the player is matched it is like they become an OCC player with a contract in front of them. They can take their clubs offer, go into one of the drafts or be traded like any normal player.

Tomlinson will be an interesting watch. If, as it looks, we are moving Reef to defence, then he'd play similarly to a Tomlinson. KPD height but more of a runner, interceptor than a defender.

That being the case do we back in Reef/Dean/Frampton (plus Ryan as a shorter option but similar type), or sign a 32 year old stop gap?

Their cap is pretty tight.

They thought that they could certainly get Houston.

They told Young, Owies and Kennedy to look for new homes in the hope of getting draft capital and freeing up space in the cap.

That backfired on them and they played it off by going the draft route.

Signing Houston and keeping all those players would mean that they can’t afford to retain TDK after next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The thing I thought was rather amusing was how they told Kennedy, Young and Owies to look elsewhere, and I presumed it was to open up cap space to play for Houston but no interest came for those players. Soon Houston to Collingwood was too far along and the Blues traded for pick 3, only then for Kennedy to move clubs. I imagine Kennedy would have been on at least 400, maybe 500k a year.

I wonder for how long the Bulldogs were interested in Kennedy, and wonder if they'd made moves at least a week earlier, if it would have changed where Houston ended up.

With Kennedy, Owies, Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham moving on, plus Williams closing in on the end of his deal, Carlton should be in a much better cap space going forward.

Still amazed at the continuing “faith” that AJ can somehow turn around a half a decade of underperforming.
I no longer believe it’s the catch all excuse of “not giving an F”. He’s had his chance and I now believe he simply is a great footballer at a lesser league. A league where he can stand on opponents heads and defenders are not at a standard to prevent that happening.
Time to give someone else with the catch all “potential” tag that AJ has built a career on a chance.
What about trying him down back?

2025 FREE AGENCY LIST
*Qualifies as previously delisted
^Qualifies as previously moving clubs as a free agent

ADELAIDE
Matt Crouch
Darcy Fogarty
Wayne Milera
Lachie Murphy
Reilly O'Brien
Brodie Smith
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE
Joe Daniher^
Darcy Gardiner
Ryan Lester
Cam Rayner
Brandon Starcevich
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
George Hewett^
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Orazio Fantasia*
Matt Kennedy

COLLINGWOOD
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jeremy Howe
Brayden Maynard
Brody Mihocek
Scott Pendlebury
Steele Sidebottom
Oleg Markov*

ESSENDON
Sam Draper
Jayden Laverde
Jake Stringer

FREMANTLE
Andrew Brayshaw
Nat Fyfe
Oscar McDonald*
Alex Pearce
Jeremy Sharp*
Michael Walters

GEELONG
Mark Blicavs
Jeremy Cameron^
Tom Atkins

GOLD COAST
Rory Atkins ^
Sam Collins*
Brayden Fiorini
Sean Lemmens
Alex Sexton
David Swallow
Nick Holman

GWS
Callan Ward
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN
Luke Breust
Jack Gunston
James Worpel
Seamus Mitchell*

MELBOURNE
Jake Melksham
Charlie Spargo

NORTH MELBOURNE
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Brynn Teakle*
Aidan Corr^
Toby Pink*

PORT ADELAIDE
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Tom Clurey
Kane Farrell
Dylan Williams*

RICHMOND
Noah Balta
Tom Lynch^
Dion Prestia

ST KILDA
Zaine Cordy ^
Brad Crouch^
Jimmy Webster
Liam Stocker*
Hunter Clark

SYDNEY
Joel Hamling^
Jake Lloyd
Lewis Melican
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Robbie Fox

WEST COAST
Oscar Allen
Tom Cole
Jamie Cripps
Jack Darling
Jayden Hunt^
Jeremy McGovern
Jack Petruccelle
Dom Sheed

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*
Liam Jones would be handy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Collins could be very interesting. Seems to bleed for the club, but he is a Vic boy approaching the end of his career. Great defender, and the perfect kind to compliment the more attacking Moore.

Not a free agent but I'd love the club to chat with Nick Murray. Very underrated player outside of SA who will play a lot of good footy.

Sam Collins could be very interesting. Seems to bleed for the club, but he is a Vic boy approaching the end of his career. Great defender, and the perfect kind to compliment the more attacking Moore.

Not a free agent but I'd love the club to chat with Nick Murray. Very underrated player outside of SA who will play a lot of good footy.
Yeah, don't see getting Collins out of GC.
But, Murray would be good value and not 24 til December.

Yeah, don't see getting Collins out of GC.
But, Murray would be good value and not 24 til December.
I wouldn't know Collins' personal situation, but he was an Oakleigh Charger, like many Pies. Never say never. To me, he reads as someone very committed to seeing success up there though.

Like what? Like somebody who thinks he’s relevant but can’t win a fight anymore?
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back