List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

As you say, we can still top up with FA's of one kind or another - plus more trades now that future trading is being opened up.

As for the younger ones, I'm a bit more optimistic:

Daicos (wow, we're lucky), Hill, Quaynor,, McCreery: very content - elite traits .

Allan, Harrison, Parker, Jiath, Demattia, Steene, Smit: will be fine to solid, IMO.

McInnes, Dean, Ryan, Macrae, Long: still hopeful.
My question for the under 25 fetishists is how often is a premiership team stacked with under 25 year olds. How many did Brissy have? How many did we have? Geelong? Richmond?

We've got the age profile of a premiership team and we're going to try to keep it that way.

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't keep Bytel ahead of one of these guys who all look to be primarily mids.

The way I see it, our best 22 is going to have a stack of players who can roll through the midfield and are better options than these guys. So we're more likely to need flanker depth than centre square depth and I think we're short on flanker depth.
As if we would ever be short on flanker depth with Dekka in charge. lol

Out of contract & not re-signed. Starts with us as of November 1.
I understand that but it doesn't mean he is Delisted.

Saints could have a 1 year offer on the table for him but he has declined to sign.

It's like Bailey Smith, just because he was out of contract doesn't mean he could be picked up as a delisted free agent.

I'll await confirmation St Kilda delists him, I don't trust Ross Lyon or SOS.

As if we would ever be short on flanker depth with Dekka in charge. lol
We were last year. Without any injured flankers. They're our midfield depth and whe was our tall forward depth. So we spent a fair bit of the year with VFL level inside mids playing on the flanks and wings in the AFL. I think 3 depth inside mids and Allan developing is overkill and we'd be better balanced if we hadve shifted one out and replaced him with a dasher. Absolutely delighted though with everything else were doing.

Saints could have a 1 year offer on the table for him but he has declined to sign.

It's like Bailey Smith, just because he was out of contract doesn't mean he could be picked up as a delisted free agent.

I'll await confirmation St Kilda delists him, I don't trust Ross Lyon or SOS.

Contracts expire Oct 31
You are then a DFA
But likely saints will delist him before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smith wasn't a FA. Membery is. He obviously knows Saints weren't re-signing him, hence why he looked elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a way we can see how many goals have been kicked against players. Just looking at Frampton's stats and Tomlinson's stats, Tomlinson is better in pretty much every stat.
Have you learnt nothing from the footy journos in trade week. Just make it up and sound confident.

So if Bailey Smith didn't get traded Geelong could've picked him up as a DFA?

That's not how it works. You need to be officially "delisted" to be picked up as a DFA.

'Smith's contract with the Western Bulldogs expires at the end of the 2024 season.

He is not a free agent so any suitor will have to trade for the player, or run the risk of him going through the pre-season draft.'

My question for the under 25 fetishists is how often is a premiership team stacked with under 25 year olds. How many did Brissy have? How many did we have? Geelong? Richmond?

We've got the age profile of a premiership team and we're going to try to keep it that way.
Brisbane this year had 10- most were 24 years old

We had 8

Geelong had 7

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back