List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Mihocek is going to struggle next year after his torn pec tendon.

He won't have the same strength to wrestle as before.

He's also 32 and pretty banged up
It would definitely help them to rotate.
Brodie got really hammered before McStay got back.

Thought Skunk was cooked halfway through the year but after a brief stint in the VFL he looked back to his best again.

We managed to string together some wins to end the season and Tim played a big role in that, kicked 14 goals in the last 6 games so definitely still has some good footy left.

He’s a very smart forward with a great goal sense and a reliable set shot. Not a key forward but leads well as had a solid overheard mark. Loves sitting at the ball drop and grabbing em with a trademark vertical jump.

One of my favourites, think he will play some quality footy for you. Wouldn’t surprise me if he boots 40+ if played in a role that suits him.
Cheers for the intel.

Any idea why Saints cut him? Seems like he was still playing v strong footy…

How’s his defensive pressure?

Any positional flexibility or pure stay at home forward?

Gary Lyon on sen this morning said he didn’t know who perryman and peatling were before this trade period, is not the kinda gotcha moment he thinks it is. For a self proclaimed footy expert to not know players that are being chased by multiple clubs undermines whatever credibility he may have had.
I didn’t hear it for context however, my guess is he’s having a crack at the $ on offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will miss Membrey and you guys will love him.

Unfortunately, it was a case of the club offering him one year deal and him wanting a 2 year deal.

Being UFA, he’s not reliant on the trade period.

Just a very valuable and underrated second forward. He can take spectacular vertical jump marks. During the game death, he can go back and take marks. Reliable kick. My only issue with him is taking too much time if he’s in the middle of the ground to make the kick selection. Otherwise, he’s super reliable and durable. As long as Mihochek takes the gorilla back, he will heavily feature at the top of your goal kicking list.

Probably right, but it could be that we only realised Membrey was going to be available later on. He just seems a much better fit to me.
If we only realised later on then Leppa is a bit slow on the uptake. It was pretty widely reported early on that he wasn’t being offered a new deal and would be up for grabs.
In terms of fit, I’d say they were looking at Hayes because he can ruck (albeit undersized) which would allow him to play alongside McStay and Checkers in Coxs role. Not sure where Membrey fits in a fully fit forward like, but if the last 2 years are anything to go by that’s not going to happen a lot anyway.
Going to stick to me being right here.

Can either of them play ruck if Cameron and Cox go down?

I don’t understand letting Kreuger go at all.

We went through it last year. Cox and Cameron injured at the same time and having no ruckman.

Then Mihocek, Cox and McStay injured at the same time this year.
I have a feeling the club will be keen to blood the two young rucks if that eventuates.

I have a feeling the club will be keen to blood the two young rucks if that eventuates.
Smit in particularly I think. Wouldn’t surprise to see him get a few games.

Why did St Kilda delist him?

My take is they have Sharman coming through as that third tall and the preference is to pair him up with King for the long term in Membrey’s role.

The Saints aren’t wrong to do that. We wouldn’t have a need for Membrey either if we’d been able to retain Henry or Reef had solidified his role there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Smith wasn't a FA. Membery is. He obviously knows Saints weren't re-signing him, hence why he looked elsewhere.
Martin wasn’t a FA. MM is right St Kilda need to delist Membrey in order for him to be signed as a DFA and if his contract just lapses he goes through the draft process.

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 4 to Oct 11: Free agency window
Oct 7 to Oct 16: Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft
When does the Pies preseason start? I think I heard Nov 11 somewhere?

Martin wasn’t a FA. MM is right St Kilda need to delist Membrey in order for him to be signed as a DFA and if his contract just lapses he goes through the draft process.
Isn’t Membrey a UFA anyway?

Saints played best football when King was out and Membrey was one of the main targets.

30 goals for a team that plays crap slow footy.

Got me stuffed why they haven't resigned him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back