List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does any player take a free agency offer? Dogs cap is bursting, they’re not going to be able to get close to the offers he’ll get imo.
I think they'll keep him, but JUH will be on the market next year.

They're spending too much on tall forwards

Go Away GIF

There's a world of salary caps where you can invest too much into one area of the ground.

Teams don't play 3 mids in an attacking role together - one of the mids is a smotherer of the opposition at stoppage.

If Melbourne get Petracca and Clarry back - they're the only team that trumps our two attackers in JDG and Nick. Viney plays defensively when lined up with them.

If we have big dollars to spend, we'll spend it elsewhere is my bet. Might change if JDG's issue means he's no longer a mid.

Agree, I don't think LDU is the perfect target for us others think he is. That defensive mid is the bigger concern for us, we've relied on pendlebury in this role, titch to a lesser extent and at times tried long, macrae and co in there. I think we've targeted perryman to help round that group out.

If we hit FA next year I think brayshaw or richards are better "all rounder" mids, and a key defender or forward are potentially bigger priorities-not sure if there are many in the fa class. Howe strikes me as the hardest of our vets to replace.

Saints played best football when King was out and Membrey was one of the main targets.

30 goals for a team that plays crap slow footy.

Got me stuffed why they haven't resigned him.

Membrey missed 4 games himself and still kicked 30 goals. He looked really good at the tail-end of the season for the Saints. Plus he kicked 30 goals 9 behinds so his accuracy, as usual, was excellent.....

"Leppa blowing up at everyone".........?? :rolleyes:

Can we get people to start writing articles on journalists and their performances.

Does this peanut understand the phrase sliding doors.

Edit: I really cant believe the AFL allow that type of jouranlism posted on their site. Not everyone loves fluff pieces , but this absolute tripe he has written is just personal negative opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to have all the pieces except decent KD depth. If not tomlinson, I hope they have someone else in mind. If Moore got injured, Frampton and Dean could be a disaster
Bit surprised if it's true that we've picked member over tomlinson. Membrey is good and I'm a bit surprised saints are not retaining, but tomlimson slots straight into our best 22 ahead of frampton/dean. Membrey might require a reshuffle or he plays on the assumption one of mcstay, mihocek or elliott are injured/managed.

Given how many list sports we have freed up I'd be shocked if we didn't add Tomlinson
With our 3 picks in the 50s (I know they will come in), I think it would be a shrewd move to take both Membrey and Tomlinson. That scenario fills lots of gaps in the short term and gives us some time to develop/trade/recruit for the future.

I think they'll keep him, but JUH will be on the market next year.

They're spending too much on tall forwards
Even with JUH on the market they’ll still need to plan for at least $1m per year for Darcy (he’ll be getting bigger offers than anyone in history), in addition to Naughtons, English’s and Bonts contracts.
If Richards is getting $1m offers (he will be) I don’t know that they’ll be able to get close to them even without JUH on the books.

Damian Barrett is a knob. Trying to make a story out of little in terms of our off-field changes but giving no credit at all for our trade success. He says that Port's loss of Houston was the worst trade in history. So, Damo, if its that terrible a deal for Port, wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the Pies nailed it? But no, Damo can't bring himself to say anything positive at all about Collingwood. Miserable bstard.

And as far as the off-field stuff goes, I reckon we're now in the resolution phase. Unhappy people have left, replacements are being appointed. Our "back office" is going to be much more stable for season 2025 than it was for season 2024.
Agree, that is my sense of it. Not that we would know from the outside. Absolutely loving what Fly and Leppa are bringing to the leadership team.

Damian Barrett is a knob. Trying to make a story out of little in terms of our off-field changes but giving no credit at all for our trade success. He says that Port's loss of Houston was the worst trade in history. So, Damo, if its that terrible a deal for Port, wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the Pies nailed it? But no, Damo can't bring himself to say anything positive at all about Collingwood. Miserable bstard.

And as far as the off-field stuff goes, I reckon we're now in the resolution phase. Unhappy people have left, replacements are being appointed. Our "back office" is going to be much more stable for season 2025 than it was for season 2024.
Knob is too kind...
As for off-field, yeah, I mean there's more than enough stability in the footy department with Fly, Leppa, Fraser, Hine in place & Kelly CEO. (Although, maybe Ned could pull his head in a bit, yeah?)
As for coaching, LOVE that Boyd is back; players love Selwood; Skipworth highly rated; plus, VFL program shaken up with a change of coach to Otten seems timely.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back