List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We've gotta go the free agent path as we've got no picks. LDU is the obvious one
Had a quick look at the list of the FA for next season that we would want - Restricted or otherwise, I dont see many viable options.
Fogarty - Probably stays.
Rowell - will stay.
TDK - Will stay
SDK - Will stay
Alex Pearce - Stays
Miles Bergman - Restricted.
LDU - Restricted. And Id say will stay.
Windhager - Restricted.

If I missed any, list them.

He needs to be put in a set position and left there i think so we can see what he can actually do. I rate him
To be fair he’s been pretty set as a forward for most of his career so far with brief runs through the middle.

I think 2025 is going to be the attempt to do with him what we did with Murphy. Get him in the gym, set him a key defensive role and see if he can flourish with it. Make or break year for him regardless.

Had a quick look at the list of the FA for next season that we would want - Restricted or otherwise, I dont see many viable options.
Rowell - will stay.
TDK - Will stay
SDK - Will stay
Alex Pearce - Stays
Windhager - Restricted.

Strong rumour that the Lions will make a play for TDK

Reef and Fin, bye bye at the end of 2025
Everyone said that about Richards last year. Turned out to be true but not in the way we were all expecting!

12 months is a long time in footy so let’s not delist them before their contracts run out.

You realise he is a restricted free agent?

Are you aware of what that means?

Fair dinkum, it's like kindergarten around here.
North won’t match a bid if they’re cellar dwellers again and we’re top 4, it just wouldn’t be worth it for them.

So yeah they can match but it will be highly dependant on finishing positions.

Membery is better than that.

Kicked 30+ goals in the 7 of 8 seasons he's played more than 12 games.

Kicked 293 goals at 65% accuracy.

Avg 19 games a season.

He'll play.
Good contested mark as well and more than capable of smashing up packs of defenders.
always seemed to play well versus the Pies.

North won’t match a bid if they’re cellar dwellers again and we’re top 4, it just wouldn’t be worth it for them.

So yeah they can match but it will be highly dependant on finishing positions.
They traded in some experience. I can see them improving. I reckon 8-9 wins

Rowell - will stay.
TDK - Will stay
SDK - Will stay
Alex Pearce - Stays
Windhager - Restricted.

Ed Richards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, nothing is ever certain. I think they'll improve, just a matter how much.
The only team you could guarantee being below them at this point is Richmond. The rest of the bottom 4-6 are pretty even.

I am really hoping that Ash Johnson can have a great preseason and that Bobby Hill gives him some of his manic enthusiasm.
He has the skills.
Could be anything.
At 27 times running out to be a consistent player.

It’ll all come down to how North do next year, it’s been quoted that he wants to see a rise up in the ladder before he considers his future there. If they finish bottom 2 again he’ll be up for grabs I feel
Not sure, I reckon Zurhaar was rumoured to want to see improvement before he re-signed and yet he re-signed despite North looking just as bad as the year prior.

Rowell - will stay.
TDK - Will stay
SDK - Will stay
Alex Pearce - Stays
Windhager - Restricted.

Bont

Damian Barrett is a knob. Trying to make a story out of little in terms of our off-field changes but giving no credit at all for our trade success. He says that Port's loss of Houston was the worst trade in history. So, Damo, if its that terrible a deal for Port, wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the Pies nailed it? But no, Damo can't bring himself to say anything positive at all about Collingwood. Miserable bstard.

And as far as the off-field stuff goes, I reckon we're now in the resolution phase. Unhappy people have left, replacements are being appointed. Our "back office" is going to be much more stable for season 2025 than it was for season 2024.

IF Port did the worst Trade ever does that mean we did the Best Trade Ever Then?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back