List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to laugh at Carlton fans bragging about going to the draft over going all in for a flag. At least we have a flag in the bank to go down this route.
Hopefully they continue to play it safe and we get to enjoy them having another 30 years of zero success.

So if we only pick up Membrey. Do we have enough list spots for the draft now, or do we need to move players to the rookie list?

Do we have to Draft 3 Players in National Draft

Have to laugh at Carlton fans bragging about going to the draft over going all in for a flag. At least we have a flag in the bank to go down this route.
Hopefully they continue to play it safe and we get to enjoy them having another 30 years of zero success.
Its all false Bigfooty bravado. I spoke to a couple of my Carlton flogs mates today and they even admitted one pick in this years draft aint helping them in the near future or while Cripps is still in his prime. They were spewing we got Houston and didn't want to talk footy much after that

The frustrating part is the glimpses of absolute brilliance he shows. Hes got Buddy like freakish traits
Maybe but I can't see him doing 100 in 100.

Great post.

Carlton invested 1st, 2nd, F1st and Owies (lets say he is worth a 2nd or the same as Noble) into pick 3 (ignoring the late picks which are meaningless imo)
Pick 3 projects as the following:
25% Dow like bust
25% okay/above average player 100-200 games (WHE type)
25% good 200 gamer (Taylor Adams type)
23% very good player (Scott Burns type)
2% generational player (N Daicos type)

Don't get me wrong I would have done the same if I was Carlton presented with pick 3. However in this draft there is a good chance that 12 and 14 would have been at least as good with the depth it has. On top of that if Carlton recruitment and development stuff up and let's face it that's fairly normal for them then that's a lot in investment for a dud.

Now our investment for Houston was basically 1 first rounder less than Carlton.

F1st, 2nd, Noble (lets say 2nd) and Richards (lets say 3rd).

Now imo Houston does the following for us because he appears to be very durable.

5% He gets injured and plays less than 25-50 games (He is durable so very unlikely)
25% chance he plays 50-100 games of good football but he is mostly not elite like he has been for the last 2 years.
70% He plays 100 -170 games of mostly good to elite standard and wins 1-2 more AA guernseys.

Now if my predictions are correct (for this sort of thing I'm usually pretty good) then who has gotten the best deal overall?

The answer us us easily when you consider we payed 1 less 1st compared to them and we are much more likely to stay in our window over the next 4 years.
I think it's low percentage. There's not that many in the league that you'd pay that much in trade for.

And WCE have copped it, but Liam Baker is a ripper. They'll get the average pick 3 return from him and they also got pick 12 in a highly rated draft on top.

IF Port did the worst Trade ever does that mean we did the Best Trade Ever Then?
Dave I feel that we gave Port what used to be called "the rough end of the pineapple".
Not the roughest but up there.

Not sure, I reckon Zurhaar was rumoured to want to see improvement before he re-signed and yet he re-signed despite North looking just as bad as the year prior.
They had a small purple patch after playing us later in the year and he went early and signed on off the back of that iirc.
Then they were trash again for the final few rounds. Seems like LDU has a bit more sense which doesn’t surprise me as Zurhaar doesn’t strike me as a Rhodes scholar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think that not having a flag in the bank would be all the more reason to go hard at the trade period when you’re in a window.
We could have been forgiven for turning around and saying we got our flag, let’s hit the draft and rebuild. But I’m glad we didn’t because if we keep topping up like we did this year and replacing the older guys who are dropping off with younger versions we’ll be competing for flags consistently for a very long time.

I think it's low percentage. There's not that many in the league that you'd pay that much in trade for.

And WCE have copped it, but Liam Baker is a ripper. They'll get the average pick 3 return from him and they also got pick 12 in a highly rated draft on top.
Not many? I don’t think there’s been a more expensive trade in league history off the top of my head, outside of Judd to Carlton which was pick 3, Kennedy (previous years pick 3), and pick 20 for Judd and 46.
I can’t think of any other trade giving up multiple first rounders without getting at least a second round back.
To me, two first rounders, a second rounder and a player should be a trade that gets a top 3 player in the league under contract. That’s the type of trade Melbourne would have accepted for Petracca and they spent it all on a draft pick! It’s absolute madness and I can’t believe the media are praising them for it, because the same trade for a top 5 player in the league would be described as paying overs.

Not many? I don’t think there’s been a more expensive trade in league history off the top of my head, outside of Judd to Carlton which was pick 3, Kennedy (previous years pick 3), and pick 20 for Judd and 46.
I can’t think of any other trade giving up multiple first rounders without getting at least a second round back.
To me, two first rounders, a second rounder and a player should be a trade that gets a top 3 player in the league under contract. That’s the type of trade Melbourne would have accepted for Petracca and they spent it all on a draft pick! It’s absolute madness and I can’t believe the media are praising them for it, because the same trade for a top 5 player in the league would be described as paying overs.
Those early picks are just so coveted.

In the Tom Green draft, GWS ended up paying 3 first round picks to get up to pick 3 to make sure they got a pick before a bid on Green. I can't remember who they took, but he's no Jeremy Cameron.

Those early picks are just so coveted.

In the Tom Green draft, GWS ended up paying 3 first round picks to get up to pick 3 to make sure they got a pick before a bid on Green. I can't remember who they took, but he's no Jeremy Cameron.
They got Lachie Ash with that pick.

Reef needs start the preseason in defense and not be moved.

If it doesn't work out then so be it.

We will at least know if he is up for it.

It’ll all come down to how North do next year, it’s been quoted that he wants to see a rise up in the ladder before he considers his future there. If they finish bottom 2 again he’ll be up for grabs I feel

I'm not sure of the school level of the peeps around here...if he is a restricted free agent, North can just match. And North would have the most free cap space in the comp. It would take a miracle to pry him out without offering North something like two early round firsts. Something we don't have.

Give it up, LDU won't be at the Pies.

Still amazed at the continuing “faith” that AJ can somehow turn around a half a decade of underperforming.
I no longer believe it’s the catch all excuse of “not giving an F”. He’s had his chance and I now believe he simply is a great footballer at a lesser league. A league where he can stand on opponents heads and defenders are not at a standard to prevent that happening.
Time to give someone else with the catch all “potential” tag that AJ has built a career on a chance.

I'm not sure of the school level of the peeps around here...if he is a restricted free agent, North can just match. And North would have the most free cap space in the comp. It would take a miracle to pry him out without offering North something like two early round firsts. Something we don't have.

Give it up, LDU won't be at the Pies.
If he wants out a certain club will make it happen.
It happens regularly

If he wants out a certain club will make it happen.
It happens regularly

Yeah? Let me know the last time a player of his quality left as a restricted free agent? Makes no sense for Nth not to match any bids and then trade. And the it will require 2x early firsts.

No wonder we always have complaining fans. Gotta have rocks in your head to think we are in a position to get LDU.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back