List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That reporter who’s purportedly on the money posted McDonald was about to re-sign, then responded to his own post with a BUTWAIT not done yet, other teams have offered more! Feels like his manager simply pushing his price up if we’re to believe this dude is in the know.

Luke McDonald would be a great get. More likely that this is just contract negotiations and he'll stay a Swan. Source: vibes. Talk seemed to be they were close to a deal.
Logan.
Luke plays for north.

I've posted in this thread "has Logan McDonald signed yet?" about 5 times this year and people would rather talk about Josh Battle 😂

I've posted in this thread "has Logan McDonald signed yet?" about 5 times this year and people would rather talk about Josh Battle 😂
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Logan McDonald would be a great get. More likely that this is just contract negotiations and he'll stay a Swan. Source: vibes. Talk seemed to be they were close to a deal.
If LM doesn't resign within the next month, we might be in with a fair shot of luring him.
I recall an interview before he was drafted and just idolized Pendles....

Is McDonald that good?
He's pretty dang good. Really good aerobic capacity so he gets to lots of contests, strong on the lead, good kick for goal, and decent below his knees. Also still young.

But I'm unsure about the price some are bandying around (top 8 pick seems lots)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's pretty dang good. Really good aerobic capacity so he gets to lots of contests, strong on the lead, good kick for goal, and decent below his knees. Also still young.

He's one I think is still carrying the glow of draft year profile, but hasn't really franked it with performance yet. No risk as he's already a solid player.

Great for the future, as he could become Tex Walker, but the tricky thing is: is he currently an approvement on Checkers and McStay? So in terms of next year, would you change our forward balance?

He's one I think is still carrying the glow of draft year profile, but hasn't really franked it with performance yet. No risk as he's already a solid player.

Great for the future, as he could become Tex Walker, but the tricky thing is: is he currently an approvement on Checkers and McStay? So in terms of next year, would you change our forward balance?
I don’t know the answer to that question except :

talls take time
top ten talls are hard to find,
and surely they would be looking more long term than just next years forward balance if the right player came along, given the age profiles of checkers and mcstay.

I think the draft ranking is definitely bleeding into it, but he is still already quite handy.

I think, if we assumed no improvement between now and next season, he's as good as McStay. I would back him to improve in that time.

It is probably all rather moot as we can't afford him I reckon

I don’t know the answer to that question except :

talls take time
top ten talls are hard to find,
and surely they would be looking more long term than just next years forward balance if the right player came along, given the age profiles of checkers and mcstay.
Agree with that. I just think it's tricky when you're in the premiership window and talking about a bloke who you'd play immediately.

I think the draft ranking is definitely bleeding into it, but he is still already quite handy.

I think, if we assumed no improvement between now and next season, he's as good as McStay. I would back him to improve in that time.

It is probably all rather moot as we can't afford him I reckon
Overall, he's probably better than McStay already for most teams, but I don't think he'd be as good for us as McStay as he's not as good in a marking contest.

Agree with that. I just think it's tricky when you're in the premiership window and talking about a bloke who you'd play immediately.
Yep zero trade currency and not much dead wood on the list to clear cap space. Suspect our next big signing will be a free agent at the end of next year post some retirements.

Plus.

Who knows what our opinions of Kreugs will be by the end of the season. Only 24 so ideal age demographic.

Probably because Battle is infinitely more gettable.

For a former pick 4 who’s currently starting to establish himself as his teams number 1 tall target (was going at just under 2 gpg to round 10 but has had a lean few weeks recently), I’d say it’s not unreasonable. We’d probably have to cough up our future first and a solid best 22 player to even get them to the table.

Overall, he's probably better than McStay already for most teams, but I don't think he'd be as good for us as McStay as he's not as good in a marking contest.
Sydney would love a player like Noble or McCreery. We would have to give one up to get McDonald. Looks like future trading is going to allow for future firsts, so the deal could get done somehow. I'm not sure there's anything in it though

Sydney would love a player like Noble or McCreery. We would have to give one up to get McDonald. Looks like future trading is going to allow for future firsts, so the deal could get done somehow. I'm not sure there's anything in it though
I think we have enough AFL quality forward flankers to cover McCreery.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back