List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

is it time the club undertake a review/overhaul of its recruitment/development programs?

Im not knocking Hyne. We have won flags under his watch. I just think like any corporation, change after a long period can bring new fresh ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How do you think we ended up with our premiership lists? By bottoming out and picking our core players with top picks. It’s delusional to think you’d win a premiership without spending time at the bottom. You don’t get to pick up the Pendles, Dale Thomas, Nick Daicos, De Goey, Sidebottom, Beams etc by finishing 9th every season.
Nah mate, you're delusional, plenty of clubs have won flags without taking a turn on the bottom and some clubs go down and stay there. The bottoming out and securing stud players with top 3 picks for a 10 year dynasty is your fantasy not the real world AFL. Your prediction won't come to pass even trying to talk it into existence.

Oh man, this is the best one yet!
Comedy gold.
rarely visit the collingwood thread - so not privy to discussions that have previously taken place around this subject

i can see why people avoid these online discussions though when obnoxious responses like this are thrown back at you - what a muppet of a response to a question that was asked in good faith

Jesus don’t talk about quinlan. Out of all of them, it is the one which hurt the most. He would have made the difference in us winning three to four flags in that period of time
yep, that was the one!!! absolute tragedy. I dont think Plugger would have made the difference to us, we were on the way down I think. But Bernie, playing under Tommy, it breaks my heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rarely visit the collingwood thread - so not privy to what discussions have previously taken place around this subject

i can see why people avoid these online discussions though when obnoxious responses like this are thrown back at you - what a muppet of a response
What did you expect?
Of course the club will review how the year went and what can be done to improve.

Very much doubt it would be an extensive review of our recruitment process. I can only assume you are thinking about Hine.

Maybe if you had provided context to your question, you would have received a more considered response.

What did you expect?
Of course the club will review how the year went and what can be done to improve.

Very much doubt it would be an extensive review of our recruitment process. I can only assume you are thinking about Hine.

Maybe if you had provided context to your question, you would have received a more considered response.
maybe you should learn to be a little more gracious and not act like a d*ckhead

Brian Taylor was very good for a few years but other than that, you're spot on
Craig Davis was serviceable - we "famously" missed on getting Bernie Quinlan through a stuff up - somone went to meet him in the pub but he was waiting in the donut shop or something.....

Nah mate, you're delusional, plenty of clubs have won flags without taking a turn on the bottom and some clubs go down and stay there. The bottoming out and securing stud players with top 3 picks for a 10 year dynasty is your fantasy not the real world AFL. Your prediction won't come to pass even trying to talk it into existence.

Herp derp. How do you think we built the core of our premiership lists? Tell me. Hint: it started with finishing second last in 2005. This “fantasy” is literally what happened to this very club.

Last edited:
What do you mean clubs have won flags without taking a turn on the bottom? Who in recent years besides Geelong have done and what do you think will happen when Danger, Hawkins and Cameron retire? When they fell out of the 8 they had pick 10 which they used for Connor O'Sullivan, if they dropped out of the 8 this year they could bring in Bailey Smith or use their 1st to replace one of their key forwards.

How would you build a premiership list? Do you think the Geelong model is the only way or have Sydney, Carlton and even the Hawks on their way to being in the top 8 for the next 4-6 years?

rarely visit the collingwood thread - so not privy to discussions that have previously taken place around this subject

i can see why people avoid these online discussions though when obnoxious responses like this are thrown back at you - what a muppet of a response to a question that was asked in good faith
I was trying to tell him last week that Wright was overrated and our list management has been a disgrace. The flag was won off the back of mainly Buckley’s core from 18/19 plus Nick Daicos. Nothing to do with Wright and his underselling of our players and overpaying for incoming players. The Lachie Schultz deal was the worst deal in the club’s history.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back