List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I was trying to tell him last week that Wright was overrated and our list management has been a disgrace. The flag was won off the back of mainly Buckley’s core from 18/19 plus Nick Daicos. Nothing to do with Wright and his underselling of our players and overpaying for incoming players. The Lachie Schultz deal was the worst deal in the club’s history.
And Buckley took Malthouse's premiership core and flew it into the ground like a dart! You and I remember the pre Fly years VERY differently.

I was trying to tell him last week that Wright was overrated and our list management has been a disgrace. The flag was won off the back of mainly Buckley’s core from 18/19 plus Nick Daicos. Nothing to do with Wright and his underselling of our players and overpaying for incoming players. The Lachie Schultz deal was the worst deal in the club’s history.

So Bobby Hill had no influence on us winning.

And Buckley took Malthouse's premiership core and flew it into the ground like a dart! You and I remember the pre Fly years VERY differently.
Don’t rate Bucks as a coach at all. Just saying it was the core that was already there that won us last years flag and almost won in 18 with a crap coach. One could argue that if Nick was in the 18 side, we’d have won that flag by plenty and potentially 19 too. Just my opinion. I don’t rate the current list management team. There are too many howlers both with trades and drafting.

Where have you been for two seasons? Why weren’t you telling us this all during finals and after the GF?

It’s so odd that you only show up during losses.

Should've had a flag in 2018 if it wasnt for terrible umpiring

Where have you been for two seasons? Why weren’t you telling us this all during finals and after the GF?

It’s so odd that you only show up during losses.
Do you agree with the Schultz trade? The Henry trade? McStay was a FA, heavily influenced by Leppa. Nothing to do with Wright. Bobby Hill is a brilliant, inconsistent flashy player and we could’ve have the same output from Adams in the GF as we did Mitchell, if he was fit.

Do you agree with the Schultz trade? The Henry trade? McStay was a FA, heavily influenced by Leppa. Nothing to do with Wright. Bobby Hill is a brilliant, inconsistent flashy player and we could’ve have the same output from Adams in the GF as we did Mitchell, if he was fit.
Clubs have wins and loses in trades. Go through any clubs trade history. We won the flag last year, and have been very successful. Campaigners like yourself only show up when there’s some losses.

He performed in the biggest game of the year and got BOG. You could argue he won us the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it’s not what you get. It’s what you give up to get them. Anyone can sell something at a loss and say “yeah I sold it”. Or anyone can overpay for something and say “yeah I bought it.” It’s about value and getting the best deal possible. We just don’t and Wrighty certainly never does!

And it’s not what you get. It’s what you give up to get them. Anyone can sell something at a loss and say “yeah I sold it”. Or anyone can overpay for something and say “yeah I bought it.” It’s about value and getting the best deal possible. We just don’t and Wrighty certainly never does!
That's the way, let it all out

Literally traded in a good batch of our premiership team, but keep throwing your tantrum.

Herp derp. How do you think we built the core of our premiership lists? Tell me. Hint: it started with finishing second last in 2005. This “fantasy” is literally what happened to this very club.
In 2005 we picked a generational player at pick five. A player who was predicted to go at the end of the round An inspired choice. Apart from him and sidey, the current side contains only one top ten pick we selected in the open draft. Darcy and Nick don’t count being fs.
Good example of not needing to bottom out, unless can snag a Harley

rarely visit the collingwood thread - so not privy to discussions that have previously taken place around this subject

i can see why people avoid these online discussions though when obnoxious responses like this are thrown back at you - what a muppet of a response to a question that was asked in good faith
Unfortunately our board has about 6 posters who constantly do this.

Didn’t Wright recruit McStay? Without him we wouldn’t have made the GF.
Didn’t Wright recruit Bobby Hill? Norm Smith Medalist.
Didn’t Wright recruit Mitchell? Almost BOG in the GF.
Didn’t Wright recruit Frampton? Who did a job on Andrews.
So l do think Wright had a big part in winning the flag.
Yes,he did play a big part in us winning the flag.Without the five players he recruited at the end of 22 we not only wouldn’t have won the flag in 23 we probably wouldn’t have made the top four..He filled in a lot of the holes on our list left by Hine.Unfortunately there’s still a few more holes to fill as the list ages.

Do we take a chance on Rory Lobb now that he’s been converted by Dogs as a backman ? he actually looks ok in his new role ….

Do we take a chance on Rory Lobb now that he’s been converted by Dogs as a backman ? he actually looks ok in his new role ….
I reckon the Dogs would be foolish to trade him to be honest. And yes, I’m convinced if we want to go for another flag next year then he is a good target.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back