List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind the idea of Brodie another I would look at is Hewitt from Carlton.

He should be in that team right now and still only 28.

We simply don't learn from our past mistakes, that's gambling on future picks. It has never ended well for us before. And it won't be now
But Freo had counted on a downfall this year. They were smart.
You trade future picks when down the ladder hoping to improve. Not when the only way is down from 1st.

Fiorini, Garcia, Hewitt, Brodie… all potentially relatively cheap pick ups that could strengthen and replenish the midfield

Apart from Garcia who is 23… the rest are handily in that 26-28 bracket

Got too many project and maybe mids in Macrae, Bytel, Long, Sullivan

Cull 2-3 of those and bring in players like aforementioned… who have already performed at AFL level midfield

We simply don't learn from our past mistakes, that's gambling on future picks. It has never ended well for us before. And it won't be now
But Freo had counted on a downfall this year. They were smart.
It wasn’t a gamble. We paid what he thought he was worth.

When its a future pick, you don't know what it is. Given you have to rely on the following year. Hence the gamble.
A top 10 pick he isn't.
16-20 probably would be.

It was a gamble in every sense

It is correct we wouldn't be whinging about the trade if we were top of the ladder. But we aren't. That's the risk with future pick gambling - you are gambling what you pay on your ladder finish. What is likely a top 10 pick on top of pick 34 last year for a small forward is a terrible, terrible result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is correct we wouldn't be whinging about the trade if we were top of the ladder. But we aren't. That's the risk with future pick gambling - you are gambling what you pay on your ladder finish. What is likely a top 10 pick on top of pick 34 last year for a small forward is a terrible, terrible result
All future trades are variable. It’s the same for every team.

We knew what we were getting and were comfortable with the price.

Fiorini, Garcia, Hewitt, Brodie… all potentially relatively cheap pick ups that could strengthen and replenish the midfield

Cull 2-3 of those and bring in players like aforementioned… who have already performed at AFL level midfield

This guy gets it.:thumbsu: Agree with you 100%.

Because they thought we would be top 4 so it would be in the 16-18 range, If they thought it was gonna be a 8-10 pick, no way would they have done the deal.
No pressure forward role player is worth that. So yes, it was a gamble.

Would be nice if the AFL introduced protected picks like the NBA, in some form or another.

Obviously it would make future picks less attractive, but would save clubs (like ours) from themselves sometimes.

We need a good distributor off half back. We also have quite a few others of course but if you are able to add quality cheap, then you might as well
We'll be tight on list spots so I think we'll need to be selective who we target imo

You always do this thing where you deny the obvious then when it gets pointed out to you you say "yeah well obviously but its fine, I trust the club".

Because they thought we would be top 4 so it would be in the 16-18 range, If they thought it was gonna be a 8-10 pick, no way would they have done the deal.
No pressure forward role player is worth that. So yes, it was a gamble.
You’re assuming that. Not factual.

You always do this thing where you deny the obvious then when it gets pointed out to you you say "yeah well obviously but its fine, I trust the club".
Maybe it’s you who doesn’t understand.

Absolutely agree. I’d swap those tradeables in as suggested in a heartbeat.

Macrae, Bytel, Sullivan, Markov, Cox, Lipinski, Frampton, Edward Allen, McCreery, Johnson, Begg and Dean. That's a third of our list that would barely get a game at any other club right now. Please tell me the majority of these players aren't contracted for next year?

Add in Carmichael and Murphy as forced retirements along with Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Elliott, Mitchell, WHE retiring in the next few years. **** me it's hard to be optimistic when we get reamed at the trade table every year.

Macrae, Bytel, Sullivan, Markov, Cox, Lipinski, Frampton, Edward Allen, McCreery, Johnson, Begg and Dean. That's a third of our list that would barely get a game at any other club right now. Please tell me the majority of these players aren't contracted for next year?

Add in Carmichael and Murphy as forced retirements along with Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Elliott, Mitchell, WHE retiring in the next few years. **** me it's hard to be optimistic when we get reamed at the trade table every year.
Yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, no.

Macrae until 2025
Cox 2025
Lippa 2027
Frampton 2025? I think
Allan 2026
McCreery 2027
Johnson 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back