List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a big difference in the situation of Nick Daicos and Sheezel.

Nick Daicos chose to play for Collingwood and has a long history with the club. Sheezel has no such affiliation with the Roos and ended up their not through his own valition. It could well be that he is happy there but wow if we can't even tempt someone away from the kangaroos well maybe we just call it a day and don't bother anymore.
Why would someone like Sheezel choose to leave a side that appears to be on the up, particularly when he's likely to be one of their top earners in the near future, if not already?

The AFL isn't the EPL or La Liga - your earning capacity exists within the constraints of the league.

Sheezel was described as Hawthorn fanatic growing up. If he was to leave North, why wouldn't he leave for Hawthorn?

Why would someone like Sheezel choose to leave a side that appears to be on the up, particularly when he's likely to be one of their top earners in the near future, if not already?

The AFL isn't the EPL or La Liga - your earning capacity exists within the constraints of the league.

Sheezel was described as Hawthorn fanatic growing up. If he was to leave North, why wouldn't he leave for Hawthorn?

Unless the guy has a phobia of crowds then maybe I would understand.

But yeah I can't imagine why he would want to play for us. Come to think of it, why do we even barrack for Collingwood?

But yeah I can't imagine why he would want to play for us. Come to think of it, why do we even barrack for Collingwood?
Sheezel will be captain of that club in a few years. Wont get him out of there for a long time imo
He grew up a north supporter and its where he always wanted to be

Last edited:

What an arrogant and immature response - sook harder.

We, as Collingwood supporters, would give our left leg to play for the club. The reality is that not everyone grew up a Collingwood supporter (a fair few probably despised us), so to assume that we can just pick and choose anyone from anywhere and they'll come running is just fanciful.

This same kind of mentality quite obviously didn't hold sway when Lynch chose Richmond over us. It's arrogant and lazy to just assume that we'll attract players by reason of some kind of perceived superiority - I only hope that those in charge who are making the decisions don't hold similar views.

What an arrogant and immature response - sook harder.

We, as Collingwood supporters, would give our left leg to play for the club. The reality is that not everyone grew up a Collingwood supporter (a fair few probably despised us), so to assume that we can just pick and choose anyone from anywhere and they'll come running is just fanciful.

This same kind of mentality quite obviously didn't hold sway when Lynch chose Richmond over us. It's arrogant and lazy to just assume that we'll attract players by reason of some kind of perceived superiority - I only hope that those in charge who are making the decisions don't hold similar views.

If you think I would sook over a post in Big Footy, please don't flatter yourself. I stick to the topic and thats it.

Why shouldn't we be able to attract players? We are the reigning premiers. We have one of the biggest fan bases? Play in Marquee games? Have an amazing coach and culture. The opportunity to play in the same midfield as Nick Daicos. I

Comparing to Lynch is a bit misleading but that's ok. I will help. That was pre Fly and Jeff Browne. The club is in a much better place and fresh off a premiership. If we are not a destination club or a very attractive option then we never will be.

If you think I would sook over a post in Big Footy, please don't flatter yourself. I stick to the topic and thats it.

Why shouldn't we be able to attract players? We are the reigning premiers. We have one of the biggest fan bases? Play in Marquee games? Have an amazing coach and culture. The opportunity to play in the same midfield as Nick Daicos. I

Comparing to Lynch is a bit misleading but that's ok. I will help. That was pre Fly and Jeff Browne. The club is in a much better place and fresh off a premiership. If we are not a destination club or a very attractive option then we never will be.
How many players have actually been persuaded by the opportunity to play in marquee games over the years? Very, very few I suspect. If you’re a player choosing your future, how much consideration are you giving to H&A games played in front of big crowds? Qualify for finals and you play in front of big crowds, no matter what team you are. Bigger fan bases equals more media attention and more scrutiny from supporters. The older I get, the more I believe being the biggest club doesn’t make a difference when it comes to attracting talent.

Any North supporter could argue Nick Daicos should be interested in playing alongside Sheezel under Clarkson. It’s the same as you arguing we have a superior coach and culture.

How many players have actually been persuaded by the opportunity to play in marquee games over the years? Very, very few I suspect. If you’re a player choosing your future, how much consideration are you giving to H&A games played in front of big crowds? Qualify for finals and you play in front of big crowds, no matter what team you are. Bigger fan bases equals more media attention and more scrutiny from supporters. The older I get, the more I believe being the biggest club doesn’t make a difference when it comes to attracting talent.

Any North supporter could argue Nick Daicos should be interested in playing alongside Sheezel under Clarkson. It’s the same as you arguing we have a superior coach and culture.

Lol they could argue that re Nick Daicos and they would be the same people arguing that the world is flat.

Looks like Keane is going to thumb his nose at us. Another opportunity lost, albeit one that should have been seized upon a couple of years ago (or earlier).
He's probably been told that either A) We're not interested, or B) We're not prepared to pay the asking price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can and do attract players - to suggest otherwise is a strawman argument.

Sheezel is probably looking forward to playing in the same midfield as Wardlaw and LDU under a coach who is considered by many to be one of the best of all time.

Your argument mainly seems to be that we're the biggest team in the competition who play in front of the biggest crowds. That was as true in 2018 as it is now. Lynch joined Richmond in 2019, following their 3rd placed finish in 2018 behind West Coast and ... yup, us. If we weren't a destination club or very attractive option then ... :rolleyes:

We can and do attract players - to suggest otherwise is a strawman argument.

Sheezel is probably looking forward to playing in the same midfield as Wardlaw and LDU under a coach who is considered by many to be one of the best of all time.

Your argument mainly seems to be that we're the biggest team in the competition who play in front of the biggest crowds. That was as true in 2018 as it is now. Lynch joined Richmond in 2019, following their 3rd placed finish in 2018 behind West Coast and ... yup, us. If we weren't a destination club or very attractive option then ... :rolleyes:

Go work in the Kangaroos membership department. You have almost convinced me.

Haha, another mature response.

To try and compare the Kangaroos and Collingwood as clubs is an absolute joke.

The only time the Kangaroos have been relevant in the last 30 years is when Wayne Carey and Pagan were running the show.

Sounds like he is really committed to the cause, couldn't imagine him switching clubs.

What's everyones thoughts on Bailey Scott? Being played out of position, he might want more midfield time. Will have to trade but OOC this year.

If you aren’t going to take in what he says ….

He is 120% right.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back