List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame about Bailey Smith because he is almost the perfect type player age speed etc

Another the Cats will get beat us to.

It's a shame about Bailey Smith because he is almost the perfect type player age speed etc

Another the Cats will get beat us to.

It's incredible the amount of players that love the Geelong lifestyle.

Surely the AFL would do some sort of investigation to make sure the salary cap is not being manipulated via land deals etc.

There are a lot of people on here that have thrown around suggestions of...
Players we should trade for.
Players we should retire.
Changes to the team we should make to give youngsters a go.

Facts are, that we have had so many injuries this year, if any of those youngsters were up to it, they have their chance.
Retiring players is an option but sadly the Pendles and other veterans are not the weakest links in the team.
It is the C graders that are getting games that do more damage to us.

Trading in players... With what????

We will lose trade value with the Ginni trade.
We are looking to be paying Pick 5 for Schultz.

Every time we trade away a future pick, we get f**ed up the a**e and I am sick of it.

There are very few free agents (and we rarely land them anyway), so I ask.
With what are we going to trade to get all these players people are dreaming about?

There are a lot of people on here that have thrown around suggestions of...
Players we should trade for.
Players we should retire.
Changes to the team we should make to give youngsters a go.

Facts are, that we have had so many injuries this year, if any of those youngsters were up to it, they have their chance.
Retiring players is an option but sadly the Pendles and other veterans are not the weakest links in the team.
It is the C graders that are getting games that do more damage to us.

Trading in players... With what????

We will lose trade value with the Ginni trade.
We are looking to be paying Pick 5 for Schultz.

Every time we trade away a future pick, we get f**ed up the a**e and I am sick of it.

There are very few free agents (and we rarely land them anyway), so I ask.
With what are we going to trade to get all these players people are dreaming about?
We actually won more with those C grade players than not. They weren't the problem.
Its the form of the senior players and lack of connection (whether thats because too many of them were injured for too long) thats doing damage. Too many out of form at the same time, which isn't ideal.

We could get Lobb with a nice payrise also "Lobb, who began his career with GWS then made his way to Fremantle, joined the Bulldogs at the end of 2022 on a three-year contract worth a reported $1.5 million" aka $500 k p.a
If Lobb has a year to run on his contract, then Beveridge will want to keep him given he’s turned into Steve Silvani.

Rory Lobb, Isaac Cumming and Conor Nash would be a dream

It's incredible the amount of players that love the Geelong lifestyle.

Surely the AFL would do some sort of investigation to make sure the salary cap is not being manipulated via land deals etc.
Time for a second expansion team in Geelong I reckon.

We actually won more with those C grade players than not. They weren't the problem.
Its the form of the senior players and lack of connection (whether thats because too many of them were injured for too long) thats doing damage. Too many out of form at the same time, which isn't ideal.
On the back of Nick Daicos carrying the team.

It's no coincidence since teams have put more time into him that our performances have suffered.

Rory Lobb, Isaac Cumming and Conor Nash would be a dream
Would Jhye Clark be a player we'd be interested in? Inside mid who will get bumped further down the line if the Cats get Smith - he's contracted until the end of 2026, so might be difficult. Apparently the family have strong supporter links with the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Jhye Clark be a player we'd be interested in? Inside mid who will get bumped further down the line if the Cats get Smith - he's contracted until the end of 2026, so might be difficult. Apparently the family have strong supporter links with the Pies.
For sure.
Could end up being a very solid mid rotation player.

Cats fans are dreaming over adding Smith and Oliver to their midfield this year.
Like Sydney, they have a conveyer belt which keeps on landing quality players in their lap every two or three seasons. That's one reason why Longmire and Scott have such impressive records as coaches. Having the cattle helps a great deal and more often than not they have had very good cattle at their disposal.

It's about where he wants to play.
If he had chosen Collingwood, a deal would've be done one-way or another.
Why nothing to give? Just because we don't have a 2024 first?
So Dogs will take Hawthorns 2nd for him will they?
Or do we potentially give away a top 5 pick next year?

What do you suggest we trade away to bring in Smith, Barass, Lobb and all the other names being brought up?

Bailey Smith is 100% not a midfielder we need based on what's unravelled since the bye. Cats can have him

The harsh reality is that we have been reliant on our seniors for maybe 2 seasons too long, we've blown our draft selections and have nothing to use for this coming year.
And in doing exactly this we got a flag. I for one am exceedingly grateful that we did this for two seasons.

If we hadn't, we very likely would still be sitting on no.15, and in year one or two of a rebuild, with eight-ten teams ahead of us. No.16 would still be years off.

I think its also known as the 'Devil's Choice'. Or major gain for future pain. Or something else, dunno, but I'd still take 2023 anyday.

Bailey Smith is 100% not a midfielder we need based on what's unravelled since the bye. Cats can have him
I struggle to see the attraction - he's not a ball winning midfielder and has some of the highest turnover numbers when kicking into the forward 50. On top of this he's coming off an ACL and no-one has seen him play since he suffered the injury.

I was a bit harsh with my thoughts on giving away future picks.

Then I looked back on how we have chosen with our first pick in the past 10 drafts.
Not inspiring reading, so perhaps it is better to get a proven player, than to back our own judgment.
2023 - DiMattia
2022 - Allen
2021 - Nick (that was a hard find)
2020 - Henry
2019 - Rantall
2018 - IQ (academy)
2017 - Stephenson
2016 - McLarty
2015 - Sier
2014 - Jordy

Charlie Clark and Riley Garcia from the dogs would be good economical pick ups. Tim membery and dougal Howard from the Saints. Elliott Himmelberg and James Borlase from Adelaide. There's heaps more as well that wouldn't cost a fortune

And in doing exactly this we got a flag. I for one am exceedingly grateful that we did this for two seasons.

If we hadn't, we very likely would still be sitting on no.15, and in year one or two of a rebuild, with eight-ten teams ahead of us. No.16 would still be years off.

I think its also known as the 'Devil's Choice'. Or major gain for future pain. Or something else, dunno, but I'd still take 2023 anyday.
100% with you on the grateful (more than grateful - every emotion from relief onwards) for a flag, VP, and glad we stuck with the veterans or we def wouldn’t have had the win in the big dance.
But TMS makes a valid point and our loss of pick 2 and this year’s first had nothing to do w the GF win and in fact, may have provides us with the foundation for next year’s one as well.

At the moment, I just want to somehow win our next four and make the 8 to try to defend in 2024.

Mad Pies fan.

So Dogs will take Hawthorns 2nd for him will they?
Or do we potentially give away a top 5 pick next year?

What do you suggest we trade away to bring in Smith, Barass, Lobb and all the other names being brought up?
Smith and Barass would require picks whereas Lobb may be more about a nothing pick and take on his salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back