List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a bit harsh with my thoughts on giving away future picks.

Then I looked back on how we have chosen with our first pick in the past 10 drafts.
Not inspiring reading, so perhaps it is better to get a proven player, than to back our own judgment.
2023 - DiMattia
2022 - Allen
2021 - Nick (that was a hard find)
2020 - Henry
2019 - Rantall
2018 - IQ (academy)
2017 - Stephenson
2016 - McLarty
2015 - Sier
2014 - Jordy
Not valuing the draft is folly IMO

2014 - don’t win without JDG
2015 / 2016 traded out first for Treloar - Sier was nearly (should have been) part of the flag in 2018
2017 - Stephenson IMO the main reason we won many games in 2018 (how was that Adelaide game in the wet?!)
2018 trade out for Beans when we could have traded elsewhere or traded up in front of IQ pick
2019 trade out for Beams - potentially bring in another young star
2020 - Henry a good pick (missed on Holmes) and should have traded for more draft currency
2021 had foolishly traded out pick 2 that we could have grabbed a young star or traded into 2022 if a bid came on Nick
2022 - one pick off Weddle and Allan still has time
2023 - Haz still has time / Morris was there so that’s on us

I appreciate the way you read it but there are different ways of looking at it

Most were old regime so see-ya

Hopefully Battle sees opportunity to help lead our defence (over the Hawks)

If he saw the game on sat, which team looks more enticing not ours that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% with you on the grateful (more than grateful - every emotion from relief onwards) for a flag, VP, and glad we stuck with the veterans or we def wouldn’t have had the win in the big dance.
But TMS makes a valid point and our loss of pick 2 and this year’s first had nothing to do w the GF win and in fact, may have provides us with the foundation for next year’s one as well.

At the moment, I just want to somehow win our next four and make the 8 to try to defend in 2024.

I was being glib, I know, and its never that simple.

Charlie Clark and Riley Garcia from the dogs would be good economical pick ups. Tim membery and dougal Howard from the Saints. Elliott Himmelberg and James Borlase from Adelaide. There's heaps more as well that wouldn't cost a fortune

We seem to be linked with a lot of Dogs players. Might be easier long term to try and poach their recruiter?

Although they have also been a beneficiary of Father Sons and Academy.

Not valuing the draft is folly IMO

2014 - don’t win without JDG
2015 / 2016 traded out first for Treloar - Sier was nearly (should have been) part of the flag in 2018
2017 - Stephenson IMO the main reason we won many games in 2018 (how was that Adelaide game in the wet?!)
2018 trade out for Beans when we could have traded elsewhere or traded up in front of IQ pick
2019 trade out for Beams - potentially bring in another young star
2020 - Henry a good pick (missed on Holmes) and should have traded for more draft currency
2021 had foolishly traded out pick 2 that we could have grabbed a young star or traded into 2022 if a bid came on Nick
2022 - one pick off Weddle and Allan still has time
2023 - Haz still has time / Morris was there so that’s on us

I appreciate the way you read it but there are different ways of looking at it

Most were old regime so see-ya
Small sliding doors moment for me. I was excited on the night when both Weddle and Allan were available with only Sydney ahead of us. Hawks swooped in and took Weddle. I slightly preferred Weddle and I think the club would have gone the same way if he was available.

Oh well. Allan still has two years. Hopefully he's the real deal.

Small sliding doors moment for me. I was excited on the night when both Weddle and Allan were available with only Sydney ahead of us. Hawks swooped in and took Weddle. I slightly preferred Weddle and I think the club would have gone the same way if he was available.

Oh well. Allan still has two years. Hopefully he's the real deal.
I feel the same way
Hopefully Allan develops real urgency on the ground for the contest and to push to next contest / transition
Boy has all the physical attributes to be a star
We need more flashes of ability

(I don’t want another Draper - thought he had all the tools but just couldn’t repeat effort)

Would Jhye Clark be a player we'd be interested in? Inside mid who will get bumped further down the line if the Cats get Smith - he's contracted until the end of 2026, so might be difficult. Apparently the family have strong supporter links with the Pies.
Yuck. Jaxson Barham type kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we should be asking the question, if anyone can get through to Clarry, it's Fly.
If Fly didn't like Ginni's little boy antics, I can't imagine he'd be too impressed by a bloke in his late 20's carrying on.

And before anyone says he may have sorted himself out .. if he had, why would Dees want to let him go?

Last edited:
I struggle to see the attraction - he's not a ball winning midfielder and has some of the highest turnover numbers when kicking into the forward 50. On top of this he's coming off an ACL and no-one has seen him play since he suffered the injury.
The whole game an is predicated on speed so any player who has it and is available we should be interested in. Hope that helps you with struggling to see the attraction.

Would Jhye Clark be a player we'd be interested in? Inside mid who will get bumped further down the line if the Cats get Smith - he's contracted until the end of 2026, so might be difficult. Apparently the family have strong supporter links with the Pies.
In his draft year he was all the news down here with Geelong trading up to get him as they believed he would be the next Selwood. Was injured in his first game and missed all the season b/c of injury. Despite the Cats midfield ills, he hasn't made any inroads this year. Not getting much midfield or game time and only averaging 54% TOG. Been sub 3 times & subbed off once. Not sure if he is playing injured or just out of form

If I remember correctly it was reported that we were very interested in him in our draft year, so could the club be interested if he’s gettable, sure that is a definite possibility. As to my thoughts or interest as a fan, I can’t say I’ve followed him closely enough to really have an opinion.

If I remember correctly it was reported that we were very interested in him in our draft year, so could the club be interested if he’s gettable, sure that is a definite possibility. As to my thoughts or interest as a fan, I can’t say I’ve followed him closely enough to really have an opinion.
Yeah during the ollie deal, we wanted their pick 7 with an exchange of picks, I think with the intention of getting him in the draft.
He knew it at the time. He was paying close attention to the trade, who would end up with that pick

Yeah during the ollie deal, we wanted their pick 7 with an exchange of picks, I think with the intention of getting him in the draft.
He knew it at the time. He was paying close attention to the trade, who would end up with that pick
Genuine question. Is he any good?
In and out of the side, starts as a sub, gets subbed off.
Is he much better than Macrae?
Admittedly, haven’t seen a lot of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back