List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies-Uniacke.

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology
LDU had a good day today. 33 disposals, 8 clearances, 7 I50s, 3 goals, 9 SI's

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon he's cooked.
If he's willing to play some VFL if he's not performing, I'd keep him. He's still a better fringe player than Long, Bytel, Sullivan, Macrae, Markov, Noble, Lippa - and none of that group are going places - so you wouldn't be concerned that hes keeping them from getting games or robbing them of a list spot if we cut there instead.

Last edited:
Sidebottom won’t be offered a contract extension.

We will stagger the retirements of our legends, and obviously Pendles and Howe ( who has triggered another year by playing against Carlscum).
The way WHE played yesterday, he's looking for a 5 year extension!!! But the hyphen has earnt another year, maybe two.
I feel Sidey might be the first cab off the rank, in terms of the club retiring our champions....🫤🫣⚪⚫⚪⚫🏆

Sidebottom won’t be offered a contract extension.
I would agree, however is ability to perform in finals is off the charts. Had similar form in 2023. Turned up for the finals, he’s a veteran and I’d love to have someone like him to call in a grand final.

I’d love to retain him, let’s face it we aren’t going to plug all the holes in our list with youngsters or trades in one year…we have many holes and we can afford to hold a spot for Sidey for one more year!!

We will stagger the retirements of our legends, and obviously Pendles and Howe ( who has triggered another year by playing against Carlscum).
The way WHE played yesterday, he's looking for a 5 year extension!!! But the hyphen has earnt another year, maybe two.
I feel Sidey might be the first cab off the rank, in terms of the club retiring our champions....🫤🫣⚪⚫⚪⚫🏆
I know Mitchell is contracted, but I reckon he’d be the first we let go.
Hyphen is a younger veteran. He can year by year for another couple at least.
Pendles, Howe and Sidey have earned the right to call their own shots.

Checkers and Elliot are wounded veterans. Love watching them play. And we need them. But anything could happen.

Last night really showed how much we just really need to find another genuine mid (or two) in the off season. They dont need to be A grade, but a solid in and under B-grader would make a big difference

Yes we have other holes as well, but this is the one we consistently struggle to fill, and will improve the impact of JDG and nick by multiples.

To be fair we've tried, thinking at least one of McRae, Sulli, McCreery, Long, would come good in this role, but they arent looking likely. HH is the only player on our list we havent tried that may have the potential to get there. But I'd be happy if Dekka only drafted genuine mids with all our picks this year.

Checkers and Elliot are wounded veterans. Love watching them play. And we need them. But anything could happen.
If he recovers from his injury, Titch will be needed for next few years. We miss his clearance work badly

I still have this feeling we’ll pull off another surprise Shoota style acquisition (minus trading a first rounder), more in the sense of getting a player that we had no link to and no reports saying that’d we get them.

Remember until that report that we were interested in Shoota there was no speculation prior that he was coming

Last night really showed how much we just really need to find another genuine mid (or two) in the off season. They dont need to be A grade, but a solid in and under B-grader would make a big difference

Yes we have other holes as well, but this is the one we consistently struggle to fill, and will improve the impact of JDG and nick by multiples.

To be fair we've tried, thinking at least one of McRae, Sulli, McCreery, Long, would come good in this role, but they arent looking likely. HH is the only player on our list we havent tried that may have the potential to get there. But I'd be happy if Dekka only drafted genuine mids with all our picks this year.
None are that first possession mid, but from outside last nights team McInnes, Allan or DeMattia might be worth trying. Left field options for the next 3 weeks are Sidebottom or Schulz.

Howe and Pendles are still key players for us. Sidey is the most dispensable. He's just a role player now. But he's still better than our other fringe players. I'd hold onto him ahead of Sullivan, Long, Bytel, Macrae, Markov, Lippa and Noble. Probably depends on whether we're bringing any in and whether he'd be OK to play VFL when or if the time comes next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have this feeling we’ll pull off another surprise Shoota style acquisition (minus trading a first rounder), more in the sense of getting a player that we had no link to and no reports saying that’d we get them.

Remember until that report that we were interested in Shoota there was no speculation prior that he was coming
Think that was more the exception rather than the rule. Even Schultz didn't know until late he was gonna leave
But we may see what pops of, as clubs do. Not that we have any picks, so I think we'll be mostly quiet.

Has anyone been watching GC this year? Where are they playing Lukosis? He has kicked 21 goals this year but his stats have fallen off a cliff. Wondering if they have been playing him deep forward?
Forward pocket I think. Generally supports the others around him. Doesnt really play tall or small, but sometimes you find him up the ground.

Yes, WHE most of us wanted him gone several years ago under Bucks.
But he is like a fine wine, has gotten better with age and is worthy of a 1-2 year extension.

Sidey getting more to the end, I think this should be his last.. 11 touches last night.
Tend to agree. His best games have been at half back this year
The wing roles are a real area of concern especially if Josh keeps at half back.
Wonder if that saves him

You'd think out of the vets, Sidey was always the first one to go.
The others for one more year. But we'll wait and see what happens.
Sidebottom and Howe will go one more, Pendles 1 or 2 more. No real rush to ship them out till we get more draft picks into the club. Load up for a tilt at the flag in 2025 and if it fails we begin a new era

Lipinski had 9 last week
exactly this.

i'd prefer to play Sidey in the high HFF role that Lippa has previously occupied.

Sidey's footy IQ and skills around goals are elite. Endurance to get up & back also make him a good fit for this role.

but we're balls-deep on small(ish) forwards (Hill, Schultz, Lippa, Elliott) in addition to the up & comers (Richards & HH).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back