List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU would be great. I don't see him leaving NM. He has already come out this year & stated he plans to stay. Moreso, if CP decides he likes NM's prospects

He'd be crazy to leave North who are on the way up after going through 4 years of pain.

They have a very very good list now, all they need is further development and keep trending up.

Will be a contender when Tasmania enter and pillage the draft for those who hold the ladder up.

Just imagine Pendles telling his wife they have a lodger to take care of over the pre-season.
The lodgers usually end up with the Crisp’s. I’m sure Mykala would be happy too, with three kids under six.

Very strange that we drop Richard after playing him ridiculously for the final 47 sec last week. What sort of messages does that send him? Richards final memories of his season are going to be bitter ones. Not exactly the smartest move if we want to re-sign him.

Meanwhile, a horribly underperforming, bruise-free Pat Lipinski gets selected week after week after week…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Really headscratching the way we've been "developing" our draftees

Very strange that we drop Richard after playing him ridiculously for the final 47 sec last week. What sort of messages does that send him? Richards final memories of his season are going to be bitter ones. Not exactly the smartest move if we want to re-sign him.

Meanwhile, a horribly underperforming, bruise-free Pat Lipinski gets selected week after week after week…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It makes sense to omit Richards if we’re wanting him to play a full game and don’t have him in the starting 22 at senior level. Only 47 seconds of play last week and crook the week before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the draft that we had the fire sale for as our management thought it was a strong one. Shows how much they have slipped in last 5 years

I don't think it was because we thought it was a strong draft. A few different factors.

1. Salary dumps due to salary cap issues - half our own doing, half covid related.
2. The salary dumps were unpopular and I'm convinced that the trading of our future first for not much was about marketing to appease us angry mob with a big draft haul.
3. Our salary cap strategy wasn't just about the high profile salary dumps - we also cleaned out experienced depth to replace with cheaper kids. Picking up more 18 year olds than normal. And we didn't want all of those draftees to be late picks.

If you go through that draft - it is looking like a dud draft and the last one that you'd want to have loaded up in - but we did. Here's the top 15:

1. Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

2. Adelaide Crows: Riley Thilthorpe

3. North Melbourne: Will Phillips

4. Sydney Swans: Logan McDonald

5. Sydney Swans: Braeden Campbell

6. Hawthorn: Denver Grainger-Barras

7. Gold Coast Suns: Elijah Hollands

8. Essendon: Nikolas Cox

9. Essendon: Archie Perkins

10. Essendon: Zach Reid

11. Adelaide Crows: Luke Pedlar

12. GWS Giants: Tanner Bruhn

13. North Melbourne: Tom Powell

14. Fremantle: Heath Chapman

15. GWS Giants: Conor Stone

16. Port Adelaide: Lachlan Jones

Really? He's 29 next year. We don't even know how well he'll recover from his injury. That's at least 3 young players we'd be giving up for the unknown.

Really? Petracca literally makes us premiership favourites in 2025 and is a great of the game. Mcreery has been borderline best 22 the whole year, easily replaceable by Richards, and Quaynor has been very mediocre

It makes sense to omit Richards if we’re wanting him to play a full game and don’t have him in the starting 22 at senior level. Only 47 seconds of play last week and crook the week before.
Excatly. This is the most sane, logical and likely explanation.

Most clubs do this with players named sub the week after if they’re not named for match fitness

Sydney has done it multiple times this year with their young players and you never hear them worry, oh is so and so gonna request a trade.

I dunno why we’re the only fanbase that goes to worst case scenario that every time a player gets dropped he’s gonna request a trade.

FWIW with HH out next year I think we’re likely to keep him than not.

Confirmation this morning Adrian Dodoro is finally leaving the Dons.

I won't renew my membership if we decide to recruit him.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
What role are we talking? If it’s to ease GW’s workload by replacing Selwood’s forgotten role I’m ok with it. They always seem to have a competitive list that underachieves, IMO, and his bum rap comes mostly from his trade negotiations which I think you’d love if he were your own.

Over the past 4-5 years they’ve added Durham, Caldwell, Caddy, Martin and Perkins who I think would all be better in our system. You go further back and he’s got Ridley, Redman, Draper, Stringer and Wright for basically nothing.

I think it’s culture that’s holding them back not talent acquisition because there’s enough on that list. They are the weirdest club to get a read on though (alongside the Roos who have so much talent and can’t bring it together).

I don't think it was because we thought it was a strong draft. A few different factors.

1. Salary dumps due to salary cap issues - half our own doing, half covid related.
2. The salary dumps were unpopular and I'm convinced that the trading of our future first for not much was about marketing to appease us angry mob with a big draft haul.
3. Our salary cap strategy wasn't just about the high profile salary dumps - we also cleaned out experienced depth to replace with cheaper kids. Picking up more 18 year olds than normal. And we didn't want all of those draftees to be late picks.

If you go through that draft - it is looking like a dud draft and the last one that you'd want to have loaded up in - but we did. Here's the top 15:

1. Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

2. Adelaide Crows: Riley Thilthorpe

3. North Melbourne: Will Phillips

4. Sydney Swans: Logan McDonald

5. Sydney Swans: Braeden Campbell

6. Hawthorn: Denver Grainger-Barras

7. Gold Coast Suns: Elijah Hollands

8. Essendon: Nikolas Cox

9. Essendon: Archie Perkins

10. Essendon: Zach Reid

11. Adelaide Crows: Luke Pedlar

12. GWS Giants: Tanner Bruhn

13. North Melbourne: Tom Powell

14. Fremantle: Heath Chapman

15. GWS Giants: Conor Stone

16. Port Adelaide: Lachlan Jones
Dud draft? I’ve got 9 future 100+ gamers on that list (1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13 & 16) with Chapman, Cox and Campbell probables. Of the next 5 I’m only putting a line through Macrae (not convinced 100% on Angwin though) and 3 were timing from being premiership players by 21yo!

Talent ID was the issue with Lord and Neale still on the board when we went with needs on McMahon. There was still talent there post 50 with Walker, Rioli, Edwards, Ford and Wehr all at least capable at the top level. Looking at it I’d have it third to 2014 and 2018 over the past decade.

Really? He's 29 next year. We don't even know how well he'll recover from his injury. That's at least 3 young players we'd be giving up for the unknown.
I think Melbourne’s response to the stories circulating gives an indication of his future and I wouldn’t worry about his age pre KB he’d missed two matches since 2016 so is good for another 6 seasons.

The question I have with a deal like that is can Parker or TJ come on enough to mitigate the loss of IQ and can we find another small pressure player? I think they’re yes’ so it’s a no brainer for an upgraded version of JDG.

Dud draft? I’ve got 9 future 100+ gamers on that list (1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13 & 16) with Chapman, Cox and Campbell probables. Of the next 5 I’m only putting a line through Macrae (not convinced 100% on Angwin though) and 3 were timing from being premiership players by 21yo!

Talent ID was the issue with Lord and Neale still on the board when we went with needs on McMahon. There was still talent there post 50 with Walker, Rioli, Edwards, Ford and Wehr all at least capable at the top level. Looking at it I’d have it third to 2014 and 2018 over the past decade.

You'll probably get a fiar few decent players who play a fiar bit of footy, but I think Picks 3-15 are looking a pretty ordinary bunch in comparison to the same range in other years.

Picks 3-8, you'd want them them to be tracking higher if you'd taken such a valuable recruiting chip to the draft. None of them would have held their value. Not many right throughout that early range would still hold the value of pick paid for them. Pick 20 Holmes probably the only one who has sky-rocketed in the first 20 picks of that draft.

You'll probably get a fiar few decent players who play a fiar bit of footy, but I think Picks 3-15 are looking a pretty ordinary bunch in comparison to the same range in other years.

Picks 3-8, you'd want them them to be tracking higher if you'd taken such a valuable recruiting chip to the draft. None of them would have held their value. Not many right throughout that early range would still hold the value of pick paid for them. Pick 20 Holmes probably the only one who has sky-rocketed in the first 20 picks of that draft.
That star power is why I have it ranked lower than the other two because on depth 2020 was pretty special given none of the vic kids played. Still though Goulden, JUH, Holmes and Thilthorpe is right up there.

Perkins and Hollands are the two that will define that 3-15 range. Both have that fwd mid ability that list managers kill for and like Rayner, JDG and Danger seem to be taking a little longer to dominate through the middle. Also don’t sleep on Powell the other 3 get all the hype in that Roos midfield, but he’s got LDU well covered at the same age and is clearly ahead of Wardlaw currently.

Am I the only one that has some reservations about Christian Petraccas ability to deliver…

……get off the healthy stuff and deliver a half decent chicken shnitty, then I’ll take him a little more seriously. PS chicken Cat Poo is not shnitty.

If Collingwood recruited Oliver, I'd microwave my head.
You have piqued my interest....I wasn't on board the Clarry train...but, there's been a development here...

Richards is an odd one, if we didn't need him, why pick him? Bobby Hill and him were brought into the side in 2022. Both play the same role. Hill is far and above Richards, so Richards is tradeable for me.
Reef and Finn can't seem to crack the big time, are they victims of the covid development?
If Elliott does retire, then so be it, he's earned it, he's sore. He needs to put himself first, not the side, we can always cover him.
I'd be happy with Trac, him and Titch in an under makes me pretty firm, but unlikely.
Hine needs to be told to stop with those cutesie speculative picks. Year after year of these bulltish picks who don't come on and clog our list and then become a bust leaving us with no trade value.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back