List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The chatter is that clubs will need to use a first round pick to match any bid earlier in the first round.

DVI points decay also set to increase noticeably making it much harder to bank later picks to match early bids, could even be the constraint that forces use of a first round pick to match an earlier first round bid.

Rules set to be clarified before this year's trade period, mechanics still to be worked out but they're both pretty strong themes coming out of discussions so far, if reports are to be believed.
AFAIK that chatter has been put to bed since the AFL released all the info on NGA and FS bidding changes for next year. Points table has changed and discount reduced. Nothing on having to use a pick in the same round as the bid, so we can safely assume that’s not going to be a requirement in 2025.

AFAIK that chatter has been put to bed since the AFL released all the info on NGA and FS bidding changes for next year. Points table has changed and discount reduced. Nothing on having to use a pick in the same round as the bid, so we can safely assume that’s not going to be a requirement in 2025.
I feel confident we’re safe for the same reason the Blues and Crows were safe this year because they won’t make such a drastic change without 12 months notice.

Thanks, I'd missed the fine print on that one, although reading through it again it may still functionally end up being that clubs will need to use a first round pick to match an earlier first round bid, depending on how harsh the adjustment to the DVI points scaling is and whether they stick with the discount reduction for FS picks.

Wont be able to stockpile picks, and think points will be removed after pick 40. So to match a first round bid, you'd probably need picks in the 20's and 30's

Thanks, I'd missed the fine print on that one, although reading through it again it may still functionally end up being that clubs will need to use a first round pick to match an earlier first round bid, depending on how harsh the adjustment to the DVI points scaling is and whether they stick with the discount reduction for FS picks.
Discount remains at 10%, but I haven’t seen any numbers on the scaling back of picks in the 20-40 bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that our season is winding down, & the rumours start flying thick & fast, could I request that posters be a bit more vigilant at giving the source (or ideally url) for their news & rumours?
I know quite a few do this already - just asking that we all keep the thread clear of the worst stuff.
I have it on good authority that Carlton are a pack of lying immoral scumbags who would rather cheat than achieve anything honestly They consistently fail and have a group of front running starved of success supporters
Source withheld

Keane has walked out on his second club in less than three years? If true, the alarm bells are ringing. Who’s to say we cough up a good pick and he doesn’t leave for Ireland again in March? No thanks
Pretty awful attitude to have if true

Who gets the nod to hop over his parents backyard fence this time?

On a more serious note after Lynch leaking the Dusty retirement info I'd say that's a pretty clear sign he (Lynch) might be out the door at Punt Rd a year early, strategy there is probably to do a Carltank and bulk up on some early first and second round picks for a few years given how shite their list currently is and will be with the rats deserting the sinking ship.

Of what they have on their list currently Balta is the one I'd be going after really hard given our position. RFA next year, pay him, give him a role and let him stick to it instead of being thrown all over the field the way the Tugs do with him and he'll a big upgrade for us either down back or up forward.
Noah played in McCrae’s Richmond reserves Premiership team.
Noah loves Fly.

I love what this guy could be, his potential is huge, get him to spend some time with Bruzzie and see if he can teach him the ways of the Bruz.

Players who can score from 60m+ are immensely valuable because they spread the defence and create space for other forwards. Think Jeremy Cameron. Presently we have no such players on our list. Lukosius is that player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back