List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish... There was no misconduct by the club. Petracca was interviewed several days after the incident and stated it was ultimately his decision to go back on. He told the club doctors that he felt ok at the time and he was fine to go on. He stated afterwards if he knew how serious his injury was he would never have gone back on. It was only after he went back on and couldn't run jump, bend or breathe that he came off. Even after he was taken to hospital and x-rays confirmed rib fractures they did not know the seriousness of the injury until about 8.00pm when his haemoglobin count dropped severely.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Does not matter.

How many times did Jonny Platten voluntarily walk back onto the ground after having his head knocked from pillar to post.

His case RE concussion will still stick.

Mate Gold Coast literally offered up pick 5 for Treloar and were willing to take his salary on, so you are wrong on that and or ignoring it.

Had he said yes that trade looks significantly better for us.
At the time GC were desperate, and unlikely to have known that we actually desperately needed AT’s salary off the books as while it had been reported our cap was tight, it hadn’t been reported yet that we desperately needed to shed salaries to stay under the cap. As soon as it came out that we actually needed to move him on his value dropped hard. So no I’m not ignoring it but I understand the circumstances. Our approach to GC would have been “Hey AT’s fiancée and daughter are moving up to Qld for her netball career, and we’re expecting him to ask for a trade, so we’re getting on the front foot and talking to you guys and Brisbane. What would you offer for him?”
What do you think their response would have been if we’d said “hey we’re going to be over the salary cap if we retain AT, what can you offer?” Not a top 5 pick, I can guarantee that.
Instead he refused and said Bulldogs or I stay.
This is ultimately why we couldn't bargain better then what was offered we got cornered, the firesale just added to it.
You’ve just hit the nail on the head with the first sentence here. Under normal circumstances when a player says “this club or I stay”, you either get the deal that the player is worth or you retain them. The fire sale is what changes the landscape completely, and I’m struggling to see why you’re denying it.

I have heard this rumour too, Carlton board seems to think we are after Brad lloyd hopefully not for head recruiter.
Would love for a change here but has to be someone elite...would love Jason Taylor or Dalrymple.

On SM-F731B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reportedly for Wright's role. Currently Head of Football at the Scum

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling, Battle and Bergman and we won’t need Petracca.
sold-ray.gif

They're already losing multiple experienced players.

If they think Lynch can get back on the park, they'd be crazy to let him go.

And if they don't think he can get back on the park, I don't want us to take him.
Quite correct. If they are paying his salary it might as well be for the Tigers. Young blokes look up to senior KPPs, instils confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, thats meant to be his new role according to reports.
I don’t mind it. Leppa doesn’t strike me as someone who would roll over easy in negotiations.

Bergman would be a cheaper and better option than Houston

Peatling if he's cheap would be a decent option to bring in, but hed want guaranteed game time and considering we will have the followihg players i would doubt it alot that hed get a game if our squad is fit:

N. Daicos, Pendlebury, Crisp, Mitchell, De Goey, Allan, and potentially Petracca

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling is a centre square mid. We don’t have many of them. Ideally neither Pendles nor Naicos would be in there next year. Allan is very promising but green. Mitchell and DeGoey are injury-prone. And we’re not getting Petracca.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Melbourne win this Petracca PR battle after Oliver, Smith and Goodwin controversies fckn credit to them.

Personally I think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and change in leadership will be inevitable.

It’s only Garry Lyon who’s best known for banging his best mates misso.

Peatling is a centre square mid. We don’t have many of them. Ideally neither Pendles nor Naicos would be in there next year. Allan is very promising but green. Mitchell and DeGoey are injury-prone. And we’re not getting Petracca.

You must be joking about not wanting Nick in the centre square? Or you’re confused about what a centre square mid is, because there’s nobody else you’d want in there over Nick receiving a dish out from an in and under type.

You must be joking about not wanting Nick in the centre square? Or you’re confused about what a centre square mid is, because there’s nobody else you’d want in there over Nick receiving a dish out from an in and under type.

What I meant is that I want Daicos receiving the first possession won from the contest by bigger bodied extractors. Daicos is at his most deadly with time and space, not getting crunched at the bottom of a pack. Peatling is such an extractor/tackler.

Last edited:
At the time GC were desperate, and unlikely to have known that we actually desperately needed AT’s salary off the books as while it had been reported our cap was tight, it hadn’t been reported yet that we desperately needed to shed salaries to stay under the cap. As soon as it came out that we actually needed to move him on his value dropped hard. So no I’m not ignoring it but I understand the circumstances. Our approach to GC would have been “Hey AT’s fiancée and daughter are moving up to Qld for her netball career, and we’re expecting him to ask for a trade, so we’re getting on the front foot and talking to you guys and Brisbane. What would you offer for him?”
What do you think their response would have been if we’d said “hey we’re going to be over the salary cap if we retain AT, what can you offer?” Not a top 5 pick, I can guarantee that.

You’ve just hit the nail on the head with the first sentence here. Under normal circumstances when a player says “this club or I stay”, you either get the deal that the player is worth or you retain them. The fire sale is what changes the landscape completely, and I’m struggling to see why you’re denying it.

I’m not denying it played a part but it’s not the only reason and the much larger reason was the players only willing to go to a single nominated club. Which you are denying was a major cause in us having poor negotiating terms.

Your GC theory/story is not how it went down, pies sort out parties to move him without informing Treloar assuming be ok with it and he’d follow her.

GC were able to come to the party with that pick, there were also talks going on with other clubs, it wasn’t until Treloar situation blew up and he nominated dogs, when Bucks pushed him out that the situation went south.

Regardless it’s all rumour so until petracca comes out and says make me a pie it’s just fantasy trading.

I just think a future first and maybe some change is much more realistic for a 29 yo (for season 25) gun who allegedly wants nothing to do with his club and willing to walk away from his contract. (Which is an important bit to this imaginary trade discussion).

My brother just texted me saying we should go after uncontracted Saint, Cooper Sharman. I haven't seen enough of him to comment either way, what are everyone's thoughts?

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a trier, doesn't really have the size or skill set to impose himself on games or give the opposition selection committee any headaches.

I don't mind the thinking though, we need to moneyball a few OOC / FA pick-ups going forward, indeed another OOC Saints player in Dougal Howard might fit into that category given our needs down back.

If you had a choice of keeping one and trading one of Reef and Richards. What would your choice be for each?
I’d trade whichever gets us the better deal. Both are fringe and would need a lot to go right to establish themselves. On the basis of no contract from us or any speculation of external interest Reef has zero trade value so I’d cut him and trade Richards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back