List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he's a free agent? would be just a straight-up trade.

Yep, you're right. My mistake. We'd probably still want more than a third though. I suspect if it eventuates we'd want any trade to contribute meaningfully to us trying to bundle up picks for Tyler Welsh while still leaving us with room to swing for a couple of mids (which is more complicated because no-one knows if the AFL will change pick values and F/S discounts this year or next).

Yep, you're right. My mistake. We'd probably still want more than a third though. I suspect if it eventuates we'd want any trade to contribute meaningfully to us trying to bundle up picks for Tyler Welsh while still leaving us with room to swing for a couple of mids (which is more complicated because no-one knows if the AFL will change pick values and F/S discounts this year or next).
Probably right. He is probably worth somewhere around pick 30-40 - pies would want that to be a future pick. Crows would want 2024 pick

We’ve had many years of evidence that shows Johnson is at best a player with a few flashes of brilliance but little impact outside of that, and at worst you’d be better off playing a man down.

I didn’t see his last vfl game, but outside of that his vfl form in general has been embarrassing. They had to remove him from the vfl forward line due to his performance
Second half of 2022 Johnson was good. He certainly can play well at AFL level. I also think there were times in 2023 where he played well. He is no flash in the pan player. He has been poor this year I agree. But your take is always negative so.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The efforts of Naicos and our aging stars have largely hidden the extreme lack of depth in our squad.

How do we improve this list?

We seem to have gone hard at the cap space strategy but it works only if free agents and player trades are available (which you need draft capital to get over the line)

Very worried about our next 2 years or so. I reckon this will be our wasted years like we had in 14/15, but we have the extra shit sandwich of Tassie. Not sure our strategy is looking great now

We seem to have gone hard at the cap space strategy but it works only if free agents and player trades are available (which you need draft capital to get over the line)

Very worried about our next 2 years or so. I reckon this will be our wasted years like we had in 14/15, but we have the extra shit sandwich of Tassie. Not sure our strategy is looking great now
Its probably the right time to bottom out if we focus on 2025/2026 as it's just right before the 2027 draft concessions for the Tassie side.

Just need to make sure we're not dumb enough to continue trading out future firsts for average players as we've been doing.

Why are we so excited to announce the re-signings of all our old guys when we look a bottom 4 team the last month?
Rather them Retire as we won’t be a Flag Contender for next 2-3 Seasons

We need midfielders and a premium key forward. Everything else is neutral for me
And a KPD - all of which have been an issue for 5 years and we have been vert fortunate to patch with low-cost additions such as Lipinski / Checkers

How about a future first for Owies…

We need to get to work or you’re right.
Grundy, Beams, even Treloar. We’ve given up a lot and there’s a time to pay the piper.

Losing I can handle
Missing the finals I can handle
Not having our first rounder makes me want to throw all the toys out of the cot.
Hated that f$&@ing trade before it happened, loathed it after, now I feel sick.
We should be given a ten-year future first trading ban.

Anyway, like I said, how do we fix this up-coming mess with little trade capital / few free agents available?
Time for the club to get to work (+ trade responsibly)

Schultz was the leading goal kicker for Freo for the 2 years prior to the Pies recruiting him. He was kicking around 30 goals per season (33 goals in 2023).
We were always going to have to cough up more than what was ideal but on the face of it back then, adding Schultz to a Premiership team made us even stronger.
It’s easy to look back in hindsight. I still think our ladder position and draft pick we now have to give up makes the trade look worse than it really is. Even Freo would have been expecting a very late first round pick this year.

Didn't strengthen a part of the ground or team that was lacking. Just added to an already strength.

It was an unessecary trade at a risky (high) cost.

And a KPD - all of which have been an issue for 5 years and we have been vert fortunate to patch with low-cost additions such as Lipinski / Checkers

How about a future first for Owies…

We need to get to work or you’re right.
Grundy, Beams, even Treloar. We’ve given up a lot and there’s a time to pay the piper.

Losing I can handle
Missing the finals I can handle
Not having our first rounder makes me want to throw all the toys out of the cot.
Hated that f$&@ing trade before it happened, loathed it after, now I feel sick.
We should be given a ten-year future first trading ban.

Anyway, like I said, how do we fix this up-coming mess with little trade capital / few free agents available?
Time for the club to get to work (+ trade responsibly)
Yea last years trade period ruined a great premiership year.

I just hope we don't do anything stupid this trade period. Just keep our 2 future firsts which are likely to be top 5-10 as we rebuild just before the Tassie team comes in.

Give more opportunities to Harrison, Richards, Reef, Macrae, Allan, Harry and Jiath. Target gun FAs only and keep our draft capital.

Also hoping we stop with our SSP/mid season draft overload strategy. Sick of wasting valuable game time on mature list cloggers like Bytel, Long, Sullivan, even Markov. Much rather pump games into the Harrison's, Richards, Reefs, Macraes etc as its much more enjoyable watching them have potential breakout games/moments.

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back