List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD's go on the rookie list, so Murphys senor list still is available. Come end of the year we'll have to sort through the rookie stuff. Maybe Smit for carmichael and Long for.. Bytel (if he gets delisted)? Then there is the question of Begg, of course too.

Yep. The quantum of the combined senior and rookie listed players remains the salient point. It's 2 spots that aren't available any longer.

Dan Houston would be incredible, absolute elite user.

TJ's brother, Changkuoth is out of contract, could be worth bringing him over. Both of them off half back would be pretty sweet. Might even confuse the oppo.

He's also friends with Bailey Smith.

Most people were happy to give up our 1st Rounder this year for Schultz as we believed that we were going to be a Top 4 side again and that pick was going to be Pick 14 plus.
Now that things aren't going to plan, everyone is whinging about giving our 1st rounder for him.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Top 10 is no guarantee that the player would be any good. How many Top 10 picks have failed over the years.

The board at the time of trade was pretty divided on the cost. Was not an after the fact call.

Pretty sure the player must tick on of these boxes to be selected in National draft by Hiney!

1. Plays for Oakleigh Chargers

2. Brother plays AFL

3. Dual sports

4. Supported Collingwood growing up

5. Currently injured
You forgot "Has had limited exposure to the elite pathways"

TJ's brother, Changkuoth is out of contract, could be worth bringing him over. Both of them off half back would be pretty sweet. Might even confuse the oppo.

Yeah, he’s one I’d love.

I think like most, I hadn’t even considered it a possibility as he seems a fan favourite, but I must admit it’s a bit weird he’s still unsigned.

Maybe his family can get in his ear about playing with his brother and the club they love.

Cal Twomey says a lot of clubs are trying to trade future picks in to the 2024 draft because of it’s incredible depth
Says the 2024 draft may not have the superstar top 5 talent but is a super draft in terms of depth. Says there will be players drafted in 40’s this year who would have gone in 20’s in prior years

Be interesting what measures we use to try and get back in to this draft

Do you think the constant media and fan criticism Schultz McStay and Mayne received in their first year at the pies makes it very hard for us to attract other players ?
Why open yourself up for the click bait onslaught

Agree with this.

Not to mention Schultz is our second highest goal kicker this year and might go on to kick 30 goals a year for the next 5 years for all we know. That's worth a first round selection IMO.

I was against a first for schultz but I certainly don’t hold it against him. If the team was clicking this year his stats would be better. The position he plays relies a lot on what happens upfield and that has been average to shithouse this season. I would like to see him get more involved upfield but I guess there are team limits on where he roams.

Correction. I mean I was happy to pay the 2023 first but not the future first.

Agree with this.

Not to mention Schultz is our second highest goal kicker this year and might go on to kick 30 goals a year for the next 5 years for all we know. That's worth a first round selection IMO.
He just needs to be a little flashier and a bit more swagger ;) to workmanlike for some, slowish start (to be expected) but is starting to show why we got him on board.

It’s tough coming from an oppo Club and being the little sh1t we didn’t like, he’s one of us we need everyone to embrace. Hawks have embraced Ginni and I know if I was going to war which of Ginni and Shultz I’d want beside me, it’s not the toilet shooter, it’s the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just needs to be a little flashier and a bit more swagger ;) to workmanlike for some, slowish start (to be expected) but is starting to show why we got him on board.

It’s tough coming from an oppo Club and being the little sh1t we didn’t like, he’s one of us we need everyone to embrace. Hawks have embraced Ginni and I know if I was going to war which of Ginni and Shultz I’d want beside me, it’s not the toilet shooter, it’s the other one.
Mayne was considered a Spud for first couple of years at Pies. Came good toward last couple of years and was essential.

Shooter has already started better at Collingwood.

Less injuries, full squad next year (hopefully) see how he goes.

Last edited:
Agree with this.

People are confusing criticism of the trade cost with criticism of Schultz himself.

We all want Schultz to succeed he'll I hope he kicks 40 and tops pressure acts for next 2 years.

But the cost to acquire him and the clubs propensity to trade future firsts like confetti at a wedding is the issue some of us have.

We have imo a poor record over the last decade at teh trade table both for outgoing players and incoming ones.

The attitude just get it done seems to be one way the good will people said it will build (from back then) from other teams just didn't eventuate.

Last edited:

Quick. But is he injury prone and not good decision maker since coming back from injury this time around? So far more about his goal celebrations?

fwiw rumors circulating all around Adelaide today that butters management is in talks with you lot, Hawks, and essendon
Butters? That would be an absolute dream if he came here. But we’re sounding like broken records here, we don’t have the capital.

But on the other hand……THAT’S who you hand over future firsts for, would 100% hand over the 2025 pick if it means we could get him

He and Daicos running the midfield…. Man that’d be amazing

Last edited:
People are confusing criticism of the trade cost with criticism if Schultz himself.

We all want Schultz to succeed he'll I hope he kicks 40 and tops pressure acts for next 2 years.

But the cost to acquire him and the clubs propensity to trade future firsts like confetti at a wedding is the issue some of us have.

We have imo a poor record over the last decade at teh trade table both for outgoing players and incoming ones.

The attitude just get it done seems to be one way the good will people said it will build (from back then) from other teams just didn't eventuate.
This talk of us being poor at the trade table is misguided. Probably from monitoring all of our trades much closer than other clubs' trades. There are always mistakes, etc. but we remember ours more clearly.

We just won a flag with a team containing 9 players sourced from other clubs. We can't be that bad at the caper.

How on earth could we land Houston from Port?
That’s a defensive recruit I could get excited about.
But I can’t see it happening.
We have a problem.

Time we start thinking about trading out some decent players.

Got to give up something to get something.

McCreery back to Adelaide as part of a trade?

Do you think the constant media and fan criticism Schultz McStay and Mayne received in their first year at the pies makes it very hard for us to attract other players ?
Why open yourself up for the click bait onslaught
Compared to the uplift in profile and marketability, combined with playing at the MCG in front of massive crowds, I think your concerns are unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back