List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

True

Just imagine tho if we landed Cripps

We win 2018 make 2019 gf and win 22
except for one thing in terms of 2018
We may have had an extra mid. But we no had no key forward apart from coxy and checkers, and no key defender that couldn't go with Kennedy and Darlling.
I think we still would be where we are.

except for one thing in terms of 2018
We may have had an extra mid. But we no had no key forward apart from coxy and checkers, and no key defender that couldn't go with Kennedy and Darlling.
I think we still would be where we are.
That’s all true Jenn but shuey did a number on us in 18 so have to disagree
And Mitchell showed in 23 what we missed in 22 especially when Adams got injured

Whatever Jeff Browne and Craig Kelly do, they need to beef up and inject funds in to the recruiting area
Will be vital in next 3-5 years of our list transition
Whether that includes a role for Hine remains to be seen but change is required urgently
apparently, drafting is a total lottery (beyond pick 5) so i'd prefer we invest in tattslotto and just use those same numbers to randomly select players (after the obligatory 'confetti'ing' of our 1st rounders) < insert thumbs up emoji >

That’s all true Jenn but shuey did a number on us in 18 so have to disagree
And Mitchell showed in 23 what we missed in 22 especially when Adams got injured
Shuey wasn't why they won. They kick straight, they win by a lot more. Because we had Goldsack as our key defender
If we had the defence then that we do now, we win.

I think everybody needs to keep their cool over the Shultz trade. The fact that we will finish low on the ladder does not contribute to our trade position. If we finished 2nd we would still end the season with no flag and that future 1st gone.
Where we finish is not relevant for us. It certainly is to Freo, but not us.
We still have the same draft hand that we had 10 weeks ago.

I didn't have a problem with the Schultz trade as I knew we would stuff up the draft pick anyway.

Said it when it was done.

Pies been burnt twice now trading future first, I don't think it should be done again unless it's a Butters superstar type.

Interestingly people applaud one while lamblasting the other because of their draft cost (despite the player having no say in their draft cost)

2024 Season Averages
Lachie Schultz (15 games)
  • 11.3 disposals per game
  • 7 kicks per game @ 55.6 kicking efficiency
  • 64.1% disposal efficiency
  • 2.7 shots at goal per game for 1.3
  • 0.2 goal assists
  • 4.7 SI’s
  • 4 tackles
  • 0 games with no tackles
  • 2 games with 1 tackle
  • 1 game with no tackles I50
  • 8 games with multiple tackles I50
  • 3 games with 0 goals
  • 6 games with 1 goal
  • 5 games with 1+ goals
  • 1.3 goals per game
  • 3.2 marks
  • 1.9 I50’s
  • 18.1 pressure acts

Bobby Hill (18 games)
  • 10.4 disposals per game
  • 7 kicks per game @ 51% kicking efficiency
  • 62% disposal efficiency
  • 3 shots at goal per game for 1.3
  • 0.9 goal assists
  • 4.8 SI’s
  • 1.8 tackles
  • 6 games with no tackles
  • 4 games with 1 tackle
  • 10 games with no tackles I50
  • 4 games with multiple tackles I50
  • 4 games with 0 goals
  • 9 games with 1 goal
  • 5 games with 1+ goals
  • 1.3 goals per game
  • 3.3 marks
  • 1.9 I50’s
  • 12.2 pressure acts

Shuey completely dominated
He won the norm smith
IMO if Patrick Cripps played for us
that day .. we win
But they had close to a complete team, bar nic nat and co. He may have dominated in the middle, but they also had two keys that we just didnt.
We played above ourselves and probably got there earlier than we should have.

Not sure 2018 cripps would have produced the same result as the present day cripps.

Now, if we had a fit Jamie and Moore; we win.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they had close to a complete team, bar nic nat and co. He may have dominated in the middle, but they also had two keys that we just didnt.
We played above ourselves and probably got there earlier than we should have.

Not sure 2018 cripps would have produced the same result as the present day cripps.
Cripps won Carlton’s best and fairest and finished 4 th in Brownlow 2018

True

Just imagine tho if we landed Cripps

We win 2018 make 2019 gf and win 22
My Time Machine revealed he would have missed all those GF’s, migraine in 2018, Gastro in 2019, and ingrown toe nail in 2022.
So much for the hypotheticals.
But in another parellel universe we won all three flags with Corey Gault winning 3 Norm Smiths.

Cripps won Carlton’s best and fairest and finished 4 th in Brownlow 2018
I'd suggest he is a better player now though.
Forget about cripps.
If we had Dunn, Shaz, Moore and Jamie fit, we win. That would be the difference. We had no defenders. And defence wins premierships.

But it was probably for the best we didnt. In hindsight, things worked out the way they were meant to

Forget about cripps.
If we had Dunn, Shaz, Moore and Jamie fit, we win. That would be the difference. We had no defenders. And defence wins premierships.

But it was probably for the best we didnt. In hindsight, things worked out the way they were meant to

Pendles without a back injury might have been enough.

Forget about cripps.

Only brought up because rendell came up on here who admitted they stuffed up by not recruiting him

Forget about cripps.

A fella called Daniel Wells was also sitting in the stands injured.

A fella called Daniel Wells was also sitting in the stands injured.
Yeah, a fit wells... ooft, we we saw in I think his final game v swans. When he is fit, he is a match winner. Just unfortunately could never stay injury free with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back