List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate you taking the idea for a walk, which is the spirit I intended. And yes you're right, a much better comparison seeing as Griffen's 2013 was AA before he left the club in 2014.
FWIW, there's no way I'd trade Moore.

Get Moore and Jordy fit and firing - fill a couple of holes in the offseason and go flat out for the finals in 2025.

FWIW, there's no way I'd trade Moore.

Get Moore and Jordy fit and firing - fill a couple of holes in the offseason and go flat out for the finals in 2025.
Yep this trading out players like Moore, JDG, Elliott, IQ, etc etc etc talk is totally ludicrous.

We've had a mediocre year filled with non stop injuries after winning a premiership.

Plenty of clubs experience decades of mediocrity without the injuries OR the premiership!

Only Nick Daicos I have Felt that has Improved from last season from Week to Week and Game to Game
I think Darcy Cameron is the only player who has.

Nick hasn't improved. He's just as good as he ever was. But he has been put under more pressure this year & that's probably why his efficiency hasn't been as clean & effective as last year. Imo.

I think Darcy Cameron is the only player who has.

Nick hasn't improved. He's just as good as he ever was. But he has been put under more pressure this year & that's probably why his efficiency hasn't been as clean & effective as last year. Imo.
I think he’s also carrying something
I think he’s been superb again
Flown the flag again this year and gets scragged and blocked every week
I think a big year of learning for nick this year will make him even greater

I think he’s also carrying something
I think he’s been superb again
Flown the flag again this year and gets scragged and blocked every week
I think a big year of learning for nick this year will make him even greater
Yep. All the best mids have to learn to deal with being tagged.

And if we weren't depleted so much with injury this year, I think Fly would have moved him around a bit more during games to disrupt the opposition.

I really hope we go hard at Barrass.

Moore needs to find enjoyment in footy again, I would love to see him play Fwd/Ruck.

Move on Cox.

Also happy to throw Caleb Daniel a lifeline, his ball use is elite off half back.

Three pronged fwd line of Moore, McStay and Checkers will cause issues. Imagine Checkers getting the 3rd best defender.

Can’t wait until this thread turns back into list management of facts about who is available for our needs.

We are not retiring and trading away last year’s premiership team. Apparently the over 30’s are too slow and done. The under 25’s are second rate.

This thread has become hilarious.

Oh yeah the Cripps discussion. That bloke has been surrounded by number one, high draft picks and expensive trades his entire career. Last flag 1995.
Hypotheticals don’t win you flags.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t wait until this thread turns back into list management of facts about who is available for our needs.

We are not retiring and trading away last year’s premiership team. Apparently the over 30’s are too slow and done. The under 25’s are second rate.

This thread has become hilarious.

Oh yeah the Cripps discussion. That bloke has been surrounded by number one, high draft picks and expensive trades his entire career. Last flag 1995.
Hypotheticals don’t win you flags.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cripps discussion was in regards to rendell saying they mucked up

That’s it
Nothing to do with current list management
Calm down

Do you see him as a vital cog in our midfield? I just didn't see much trade value in him - he's developing but so far has not really shown any signs of being an A-Grade player.

Open to being proved wrong.

Definitely needs to have a big pre-season and make his mark in 2025.

Currently tracking similar to Arlo, in that he is a nice size and should have the tools to succeed, but he's just not getting involved enough and having an impact consistently at VFL level, although this year has admittedly been tough with our injury woes also hampering the VFL side to the point where they get smashed by everyone.

Hope we play Macrae, Reef, TJ/Parker for the Richmond game put Allen as sub. If there was anytime to blood youth it's this week.

Until we're mathematically out of contention for a top 8 spot they'll be selecting what in their eyes is our strongest possible 23, so you're probably waiting another couple of weeks before the "play the kids" mantra kicks in fully at the selection table.

Yeah that is my understanding of what happened, which I heard from a good source. They had a difference of opinions and clashed over the direction the club should be taking, which caused some tension in their relationship.
Six of your best players nearing retirement - Pendlebury, Howe, Sidebottom, Mihocek, Elliott and Mitchell. Seemed like a no brainer to me - draft young talent, trade in FAs and utilise SSP.

Very doom and gloom in here.

Just had a quick look at some damning stats from this year.

In 2024;

Cons

15th for inside 50's - we are at Richmond, St Kilda, NM, WCE levels.
14th for marks inside 50, 18th for F50 1v1 rate (do not trust our talls)
17th for kicking efficiency
17th for disposal efficiency
17th for clangers
17th for uncontested possessions
15th for running bounces
12th for scores from turnover

Pros
4th for goals once I50
2nd for scores generated once I50
1st for pressure acts
4th for spoils

What does this tell me?

• We are far too slow (need injection of speed via FA or rookie draft)
  • The effort has been there but our midfield and system has not held up
  • We've missed a consistent KPF (McStay, Cox, Checkers)
  • We've lacked movement from D50 to F50 (Cumming)
  • We lack elite ball users (see above)
  • D50 is holding up okay (would love D50 depth)
  • Small forward /general forward fleet has done incredibly well with limited supply
  • Post clearance is where we are getting smashed (outside mids susceptible with Sidey/Pendles decline and one paced on ballers)
  • Need an inside bull (Davies, Brodie) and badly need a guy with high work rate and motor opposite Jaicos

Last edited:
Very doom and gloom in here.

Just had a quick look at some damning stats from this year.

In 2024;

Cons

15th for inside 50's - we are at Richmond, St Kilda, NM, WCE levels.
14th for marks inside 50, 18th for F50 1v1 rate (do not trust our talls)
17th for kicking efficiency
17th for disposal efficiency
17th for clangers
17th for uncontested possessions
15th for running bounces
12th for scores from turnover

Pros
4th for goals once I50
2nd for scores generated once I50
1st for pressure acts
4th for spoils

What does this tell me?

• We are far too slow (need injection of speed via FA or rookie draft)
  • The effort has been there but our midfield and system has not held up
  • We've missed a consistent KPF (McStay, Cox, Checkers)
  • We've lacked movement from D50 to F50 (Cumming)
  • We lack elite ball users (see above)
  • D50 is holding up okay (would love D50 depth)
  • Small forward /general forward fleet has done incredibly well with limited supply
  • Post clearance is where we are getting smashed (outside mids susceptible with Sidey/Pendles decline and one paced on ballers)
  • Need an inside bull (Davies, Brodie)
Needing less injuries as well.
This year has been shite.

We've slipped in the flag betting... 😔

Screenshot_20240722-224448~2.png

PS. Taylor Swift is $500 to win the US election - could be worth it - it's volatile over there

Needing less injuries as well.
This year has been shite.

A lot of that can’t be attributed to injuries though.

Being ranked 17th for kicking and disposal efficiency and 17th for uncontested possessions tells me we haven’t ever gone hard enough at guys with good ball use and our game style is far too reliant on slingshot football, rather than occupying the football. Both hand in hand though, Fly probably recognises we aren’t good enough by foot to play a different type of brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back