List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing too much was said.
Just about a watch, given we have 13 OOC and fair few are in limbo
And what they do with the vets given our form.
With Wright not at club we can’t do anything like that

Waiting game for first-round Pie​

Collingwood forward Reef McInnes’ future beyond this season is uncertain, with negotiations yet to begin between the Magpies and his management on a new deal amid a list squeeze.
McInnes has kicked 13 goals in nine matches in his fourth year on the list, after being the No.23 pick in the 2020 draft, when the Magpies matched the Giants’ bid on their Next Generation Academy prospect. He returned to the senior side a fortnight ago after spending a month in the VFL.

The athletic 21-year-old was one of three first-round picks for Collingwood that year, alongside Ollie Henry – who successfully sought a trade to Geelong two years ago – and Fin Macrae.
McInnes has twice kicked three goals in a game this season but has also been regularly used as the Pies’ substitute, which has often presented him with limited time to make an impact up forward.

He joins the likes of veterans Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Jeremy Howe and Will Hoskin-Elliott without a deal for 2025, while fellow talls Charlie Dean, Nathan Kreuger, Oscar Steene and Aiden Begg are also out of contract at season’s end.

There have been no leaks in the media on who we are interested in if Cal Twomey is right about us using our cap space.

We have less then we 1st Thought with sounding that most of the Older players go around again Next Season

There have been no leaks in the media on who we are interested in if Cal Twomey is right about us using our cap space.
There will be a list spot crunch too, so will be interesting to see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen champ, if you can't realise the team needs more speed amongst other things then maybe take the blinkers off. I'm done conversing with you, it's like playing chess with a pigeon.
I think you need to provide relevant comparisons to Top teams.
Relativity is the only way you can substantiate your claims.
Over to you.

Last edited:
We have less then we 1st Thought with sounding that most of the Older players go around again Next Season

the oldies - pendles, steele, howe, etc - should be going round on cut rates if they are serious about us bouncing back. I'm not saying they should play for free but should all be below average AFL wage. Look at Geelong... apparently Tom Hawkins has been playing for 300k for the past umpteen years, although now he is finishing up Geelong fans have been using his imminent departure to explain the truckloads of cash they now have available to sign new players....

the oldies - pendles, steele, howe, etc - should be going round on cut rates if they are serious about us bouncing back. I'm not saying they should play for free but should all be below average AFL wage. Look at Geelong... apparently Tom Hawkins has been playing for 300k for the past umpteen years, although now he is finishing up Geelong fans have been using his imminent departure to explain the truckloads of cash they now have available to sign new players....
I doubt those guys would be asking for big bucks in their twilight years.

I’d rather they spend the picks in the 40s on trading in Cameron’s, Lipinski’s, Framptons… plenty of depth players at other clubs that come in and play a role… this year when doing this the emphasis should be on outside best 22 centre mids like Garcia, Brodie, Hewitt, Berry… imo

the last time we had multiple picks in the 40s it was Rantall and Bianco IIRC

Too much of a lotto for mine. Save those Hail Mary picks for the rookie and MSD

And I think the pies better off bringing mature age players in over several speculative kids considering the veterans that will retire

Jaxon Binns from Carlton could be another option (acknowledging the "he'd need multiple trips to the dry-cleaners before setting foot in the joint" jokes aside), has been arguably one of the best players in the VFL the last 2 years and had another massive game against us on the weekend (36 & 3).

He's a genuine speedster on the outside, and real driver with his run and carry - his speed and ability to rack up the footy through a high running work rate to get in to position to mark, would slot in nicely to Fly's style imo. Most Carlton folk I've spoken to are baffled how he's not had more than 1 senior game, though Voss seems understandably settled on Hollands and Acres on his wings.

I’d rather they spend the picks in the 40s on trading in Cameron’s, Lipinski’s, Framptons… plenty of depth players at other clubs that come in and play a role… this year when doing this the emphasis should be on outside best 22 centre mids like Garcia, Brodie, Hewitt, Berry… imo

the last time we had multiple picks in the 40s it was Rantall and Bianco IIRC

Too much of a lotto for mine. Save those Hail Mary picks for the rookie and MSD

And I think the pies better off bringing mature age players in over several speculative kids considering the veterans that will retire

In most drafts yes. But this one has a lot more depth outside the top 30 than in years. So you are gonna find better players in the 40s this year than previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tick one off the list, Leggy has got a one year extension

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

I think you need to provide relevant comparisons to Top teams.
Relativity is the only way you can substantiate your claims.
Over to you.
I think you need to watch Collingwood games the last month, huge amounts of uncontested marks because we don't have the leg speed to close down and out number, how does this get fixed? Over to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back