List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only imagine this cluster stuck of a situation with Richards is due to Wright being overseas. FFS
Surely the club has the contract negotiation situation covered? - should not rely on one person. Anyway if they have to have Wright's input it's not that hard to have a quick video call...

Last edited:
He’s shown he’s AFL quality but atm he’s a small forward currently stuck behind 4 other small forwards and even has competition being the 5th picked small forward with Harvey Harrison. It might be a good time to extract value out of him whilst there’s still some hype around him.

would be keeping Richards, his development has gone through the roof from where he was last year, only injury has interrupted in what he was producing. he has a touch of class about him
why arent we trying to develop HH into an inside mid? has the frame and explosiveness

Can only imagine this cluster stuck of a situation with Richards is due to Wright being overseas. FFS
Why would Wright’s absence be an issue for the Richards contract when it hasn’t been with others? We’ve managed to re-sign other players while Wright’s been away and i can’t see why Richards would be any more difficult than the others already signed this year.

would be keeping Richards, his development has gone through the roof from where he was last year, only injury has interrupted in what he was producing. he has a touch of class about him
why arent we trying to develop HH into an inside mid? has the frame and explosiveness
He’s uncontracted so the decision could be out of our hands.

Unless we have plans to move him to a role with less competition I would think an offer from a club with more playing security would be very attractive to him.

Why would Wright’s absence be an issue for the Richards contract when it hasn’t been with others? We’ve managed to re-sign other players while Wright’s been away and i can’t see why Richards would be any more difficult than the others already signed this year.
Correct - Leppitsch is actually in charge of recruitment etc now ...

Pretty much bang on, Harry's whining about non-existent problems is elite.

He’s shown he’s AFL quality but atm he’s a small forward currently stuck behind 4 other small forwards and even has competition being the 5th picked small forward with Harvey Harrison. It might be a good time to extract value out of him whilst there’s still some hype around him.
I think sr36 raised a good point in last weeks matchday thread re using him behind the ball because he’s a good user. I don’t think he’d be any worse than Noble defensively and he seemed to have a crack v Geelong on a couple of occasions. It’s worth a look, IMO, because you’re right we’re reasonably well stacked up forward.

Last edited:
I mean it doesn’t seem to have held up Pendles deal so why is it unique to Richards? Is it not possible that he’s currently angling to play some more senior footy to boost his next contract?

Surely the club has the contract negotiation situation covered? - should not rely on one person. Anyway if they have to have Wright's input it's not that hard to have a quick video call...
With so many of our players out of contract, seems to me that we'll be heading into the trade period with enough cap space and list flexibility to seize on the opportunities that open up as a result of currently listed players falling down the pecking order at their current club as a result of their club recruiting a top tier player, e.g., Ginnivan last year.

That may explain why there aren't any strong links to us for any of the top tier players who are looking to change clubs this year.

How do any of us know if it's Richard's management holding out until he plays more games this year, or speaking to other clubs..

Other players have had contracts signed/negotiated this year without Wright being here. That's why Wright's role was split between a variety of people at the club.

How do any of us know if it's Richard's management holding out until he plays more games this year, or speaking to other clubs..

Other players have had contracts signed/negotiated this year without Wright being here. That's why Wright's role was split between a variety of people at the club.
Because his management stated on SEN several months ago that the hold-up was with the Pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well l actually think he could and eventually will push into the midfield

Keane was a list clogger with us and didn't show anything in his 5 games. Why are we into him now? Smells of desperation.
Maybe one of our SA born guys wants to head home and he's seen as a swap target?
Maybe the coaches see more in him than you?
Maybe he wants to come to us?
Maybe his manager is doing what most do and use "Collingwood interest" to get a better/longer contract?
Maybe the rumours are wrong?

Keane was a list clogger with us and didn't show anything in his 5 games. Why are we into him now? Smells of desperation.

It smells of Leppa thinking that I can turn this guy into a serious defender........just like he did at Richmond with their defenders.

That was my disappointment when Leppa first arrived, there were no real project players for him to develop and mould.

I consider Butters a whipet, and he's 181cm and 77kgs
By comparison Joey is 177cm and 73kgs. IMO he needs to add bulk as K. Pickett has before I'd see him as a mid.

He’s also 26 next year. I feel like joeys body shape will stay what it is. He can get stronger but bigger, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It smells of Leppa thinking that I can turn this guy into a serious defender........just like he did at Richmond with their defenders.

That was my disappointment when Leppa first arrived, there were no real project players for him to develop and mould.

yeah i agree, i would expect that we should be able to find and turn at least a few of average talls with the right attributes into very good system players in our backline

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back