List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

There aren’t many bottom agers that dominate in the way Tommy is already doing who end up late first/early second selections. Unless he falls off a cliff next year I think you’re being incredibly optimistic.
Agreed. He's doing it against players 1-2 years older than him, and his body is also raw.
We need to be prepared for a 1st rounder, possibly top 10. If he is doing this at 16 (he'll be 17 this month) imagine what another pre-season and season in the talent pathways will do.
Lets also remember he has played senior footy and dominated.

There aren’t many bottom agers that dominate in the way Tommy is already doing who end up late first/early second selections. Unless he falls off a cliff next year I think you’re being incredibly optimistic.
Has happened before

Without Peter’s nuts we don’t have him which is how I determine a FS not the talent ID of other clubs. That said I get your angle 👍
Weird take on a rule that wasn’t actually utilised to recruit Josh, but ok.

Oprah You Get A Car GIF by Governor of Poker 3

Agreed. He's doing it against players 1-2 years older than him, and his body is also raw.
We need to be prepared for a 1st rounder, possibly top 10. If he is doing this at 16 (he'll be 17 this month) imagine what another pre-season and season in the talent pathways will do.
Lets also remember he has played senior footy and dominated.
I think we do need to prepare for a top 10 or high teens pick. I know he studys Nick Diacos, but every one of his games he watches with his dad and he critiques his game, and Mick doesn't sugar coat his critiques, but he's constructive with his criticisms. If Tom has half the fotty brain his dad has, he will be a very good player.

I think we do need to prepare for a top 10 or high teens pick. I know he studys Nick Diacos, but every one of his games he watches with his dad and he critiques his game, and Mick doesn't sugar coat his critiques, but he's constructive with his criticisms. If Tom has half the fotty brain his dad has, he will be a very good player.
Very high IQ this kid.

As much as i hear and see good things of Tom, i'm gonna hold my enthusiasm back a bit, for every Josh and Nick Daicos, there's more Tyler and Callum Browns.
I don't think Cal or Tyler put up the kind of numbers Tom is as a 16 year old
I think he'll be more of a nick version not cal.

Tom has won multiple premierships and best and fairests, played senior footy. I don't think we'll need to worry.

Tom has won multiple premierships and best and fairests, played senior footy. I don't think we'll need to worry.
True, but it's a massive step from the level he's at to AFL. We've all seen players that should of been stars, but didn't reach their potential. I really hope the kid becomes a star at CFC, i really do.

True, but it's a massive step from the level he's at to AFL. We've all seen players that should of been stars, but didn't reach their potential. I really hope the kid becomes a star at CFC, i really do.
thats true.
Time will tell.

I liked Mick McGuanes article today about Pendles. He said young Tommy is modelling his game on Pendles and they dissect his game each week with Foxtel IQ. Where he stands at ballups stoppages. His positioning during play etc.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as i hear and see good things of Tom, i'm gonna hold my enthusiasm back a bit, for every Josh and Nick Daicos, there's more Tyler and Callum Browns.
lol the Brown boys weren’t half as good as Tommy is in their junior days. Tyler was barely even draft worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we got anyone in our VFL system that may go on and have good AFL careers and impact our senior side in years to come?
I think there is some talent there…they need games though and we are prioritising veterans over development. No point bringing Reef in unless you’re willing to play him in a position that suits or at least try things out. I think he should be in the midfield.

Allan I think could turn into a good player, same with Jiath and Smit…Steene will need time but I reckon a good prospect. Richard’s has shown real class, I reckon Parker will come good as well similarly classy. Everyone was wrapped with Demattia’s selection, let’s give him a couple of years to show something.

They need time in the ones, that isn’t available at the moment…or at least not in positions that suit.Ideally we would have more high calibre types, kind of hard when we keep making really poor trades.

Weird take on a rule that wasn’t actually utilised to recruit Josh, but ok.

Josh Daicos the son of club legend Peter, will play for Collingwood in 2016 after he was officially drafted under the father-son rule on Friday night.
That seems to cover my take, but my mistake carry on.

Cal wasn’t far off what Tom is doing. The issue will ultimately be size Cal never grew so was Richards without the footskills. Tom either needs to push past 180cm or if he doesn’t grow have a competitive edge about him ala Butters.

I’d take Jackson Macrae for a 2 year contract.

Move Pendles out of the center square next year.

Sad, but I’ll be okay with Titch retiring end of the year.

I’d take Jackson Macrae for a 2 year contract.

Move Pendles out of the center square next year.

Sad, but I’ll be okay with Titch retiring end of the year.
Yup.
I reckon if Mitchell retires it would be the right start to working through the veterans.
I wouldn’t force it on him, but it would take the pressure off Steele and others.

Cal wasn’t far off what Tom is doing. The issue will ultimately be size Cal never grew so was Richards without the footskills. Tom either needs to push past 180cm or if he doesn’t grow have a competitive edge about him ala Butters.

Isn’t Gulden only 175? Josh Daicos is 178cm Not saying Tommy won’t grow a bit more given he isn’t even 17 yet, but don’t think height is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you just looking to sen too? I thought exactly the same thing. Sounds like there could be a few players he wants to move on.
Hate to say it but the blues have been very astute grabbing talent from the northern clubs at a cheap price. We need to do similar given the limited draft hand we have.
Plus the Suns have a deep list of kids taken at the top end. We need to be sniffing around

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back